Sorry

I'd like that.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bora comes crashing into my bedroom. She swings open the curtains and the sunlight nearly blinds me. Disgruntled, I pull my blanket up over my head.

“Seol. You’ve been in bed for 3 days now. This is getting ridiculous.”

“I’m fine, Bora.”

“You’re a mess, Seol.” Bora sits on my bed. “In-Ho told me you saw Jung at Hongdae the other day… with a girl.”

I hear her from underneath my blanket. I close my eyes and try to drown out the image of Jung and Yuri- unsuccessfully.

“I know you’re upset about it, but you can’t stop living your life. Let’s get out of here and go to Renaissance. It’s EXO night! They’re going to have a dance floor and I promise there will be lots of friends around you to keep you busy.” Bora pulls the blanket off my face. “I love you, Seol. I don’t want to see you like this anymore.”

I look at my friend and can’t help but tear up. She was always there for me and she’s been more than patient with me during this time.

“Just when I think I can make it through the day, something reminds me of him… and I fall apart.”

Bora looks at me with sympathetic eyes. “I don’t know Jung that well… But, I’m still giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he’ll come back.”

“I don’t know, Bora.”

“I think he will.”

Bora smiles at me and she walks towards my closet. “Now let’s get you ready for the night!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m sitting at our usual table at Renaissance. In-Ho is doing a great job keeping me distracted. It felt good spending time with him like this and it felt like our friendship was back to normal. I needed this. As the night progressed, I saw more of my friends from school and I started to feel a little bit like my old self. I tried to push the thoughts of Jung to the back of my head.

A few songs into the night, In-Ho brings me a drink. Before I know it, I’m pretty drunk. In-Ho and I are sitting on the couches and we see Bora and Eun-Taek dancing by the DJ. The lights are getting dimmer and more people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter