Promise

I'd like that.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I step outside into the brisk summer night and wait as Jung locks his door.

“Thanks for coming over.” Jung says as he grabs my hand.

“Thanks for coming back.” I reply.

We walk past the convenient store towards the bus stop. Jung insists that we jump in a cab, but I want to stay with him a little longer. I quickly send Ahjusshi a text, telling him to pick me up from Renaissance. Jung and I can’t stop looking into each other’s eyes. The insecurities and anxiety I had about not having him near me seemed to dissipate so quickly. Any anger I had left for Jung was replaced with the need to be with him all the time. This was the effect Jung had on me.

As if he could read my mind, Jung mouthed the words, “I love you” as he continued to look in my eyes. I took a step towards him and leaned my head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me as we continued to wait for the bus. In the silence I could hear Jung’s heartbeat so clearly. There was something about listening to his heartbeat that made me feel so complete and so helpless. I could sense Jung’s wall fall apart as he let out a deep sigh and held me closer.

I could hear the bus approaching the stop. I leaned away from Jung as I looked towards the bus and realized that it wasn’t a bus, but a car. The car seemed to slow down as it got closer to Jung and I. I tried to see who was in the car, but the headlights were bright. I lifted my hand to try and cover the light and just as I did, I saw several people get out of the car. As my eyes adjusted, I saw 3 men dressed in black with black baseball caps approach me. Before the feeling of panic could rush over me, I looked at Jung and he quickly stepped in front of me, pushing me behind him.

All 3 men stopped a couple metres away from Jung. I tried to step beside him, but he wouldn’t let me.

“We’re here for the girl.” One of them said.

Jung didn’t respond and continued to look at them intently.

“We won’t tell you twice.” The same ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter