Totoro

I'd like that.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few days had gone by and I was starting to get cabin fever. I spent most of my days wandering around the house and spent most of my time in the library or my bedroom. I talked with Bora on the phone almost every night to keep from going crazy. She filled me in on the gossip at school, but refrained from talking about me. I knew the gossip about me wasn’t good and I didn’t mind not knowing.

“In-Ho misses you.” Bora brought up the subject of In-Ho randomly every once in a while. She was convinced that he was in love with me. Her reasons for this were that whenever a girl hit on him, he always denied her advances. He also always waited for me every morning at school and was always talking about me to his other friends. I had never looked at In-Ho that way and I would always laugh at her theory.

I tried changing the subject as per usual, but she didn’t bite this time.

“He’s kind of been out of it and he’s been asking about you a lot. More than usual.”

“Did I tell you my dad got me a bodyguard?” I was changing the subject again.

“What?!?!?!?! Hong! Are you in danger?!” Bora shrieked.

“No, he’s just taking precautions. It’s fine. You know how paranoid he can get.”

“Still. There must be something serious happening with your dad, Seol.”

She didn’t ask any further questions about Jung and I didn’t bring him up. It’s not that I didn’t want to tell Bora, I just didn’t want her telling In-Ho or Eun-Taek. There was already enough gossip going on about me and I didn’t want to add any fuel to the fire. I actually hadn’t seen much of Jung around the house in the past few days. My dad said to make sure I call him when I needed anything, but I didn’t want to bother him. I had found out his bedroom was located in the basement of or house where our wine cellar was. I was going to wander down to catch a glimpse of his room, but decided not to. It was weird enough having a bodyguard, I didn’t want to seem like I was checking in on him or anything.

After getting off the phone with Bora, I needed to get some fresh air.  I walked out onto my back porch and looked up at the night sky. It felt good being outside. I walked down the back porch and sat on the steps. I pulled out my phone and my music. The song “Fix my makeup” by Wax started playing. I started to hum to the song when someone suddenly sat on the steps beside me. I looked over to see it was Jung.

“You got a nice voice.” He said as he leaned back on his elbows.

“Thanks.” I smiled. “I didn’t hear you come up behind me.

“Sorry. I hope I didn’t startle you.”

“No, no. Not at all!”

There was silence again. I felt my body get tense. I looked over at him and he was staring up at the sky. He really was good-looking- the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. He had the perfect shaped face with perfect complexion. He was wearing a black t-shirt and cargo pants, but it looked like he had just walked off a runway. His hair covered his forehead and it always looked like he had it perfectly combed even after he ran his fingers through it.

“Do I have something on my face?” Jung said as he broke my train of thought.

“Uh, sorry.” I turned away so quickly and I could feel my face and ears turning bright red.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter