Eight

Emotionally Corrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom stood in front of her mother’s grave blankly staring at the foggy horizon.

People came and went and Bom didn’t greet any of them. They didn’t know her mother, they knew nothing about her. They only came because of Seunghyun’s name. She wished Vincent was here instead. She needed him by her side in times like these. He couldn’t make it. He will probably arrive later.

Bom refused to shed a single tear in front of these pretentious pricks. She held all her sadness in until she could be alone and pour her heart out.

Her mother was dead.

Her only family disappeared from existence just like that.

Maybe the reason Bom couldn’t cry was because she still haven’t processed the information yet. Not when she saw her face covered in the hospital and not when Seoyang held her tightly whispering kind consoling words to her.

Bom was pretty much numb. She couldn’t do anything but stare blankly at the grave of the woman who was once called her mother. The one who took care of her when she was sick, worked day and night to provide her all nice things, didn’t remarry because she was afraid about her child’s well-being.

Her one and only mother was dead.

How is Bom going to live now?

“Hey, are you feeling better?” Seoyang asked slipping by her side.

Bom shook her head, “I don’t think I will ever get better.”

“I know it’s not the right time but you are indeed pregnant. Four months in to be exact.” Seoyang smiled a little. “You know what they say a new life is born for a finished one.”

“Thank you Seoyang. You’re the only person who’s not reeking hypocrisy in here.” She looked around. “I don’t want any of these pigs in my mother’s funeral.”

“Is the scary old woman coming our way on your blacklist?” Seoyang asked nodding toward the old hag who was indeed striding toward them with Bom’s mother in-law.

“She’s Seunghyun’s grandmother. God, I hate the woman!” Bom wished she could run away right here right now.

“Just remember,” Seoyang whispered. “Don’t stress yourself, think about the little baby.”

Bom nodded taking a deep breath of air. She will try to be as civilised as possible with her grandmother in-law.

She stood before her eyeing her attire up and down. Desperately trying to find something she could hate on.

It was her mother in-law who spoke first. “I am sorry for your loss child.”

There was such sincerity in her voice that made Bom want to hug her and cry in her lap. Seunghyun’s mother was the best thing that happened in this wretched family.

“And you had to make my grandson take care of all the paperwork and such. Do you think he has that free time?” The old hag spat venom each time she spoke.

Bom was on the edge of breaking. Seoyang squeezing her hand and her mother’s in-law pleading sympathetic look made her calm down a little. “I didn’t make him do anything. He did so himself.”

“Ever since he married yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter