Ten

Emotionally Corrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The phone rang and Bom jumped almost knocking her coffee on the ground. She was on the edge these past few weeks.

Seoyang. Thank God.

“Hey, how are my little babies?”

“They’re asleep.” Bom replied closing her laptop. “How have you been?”

“Missing you guys like crazy. I wish I can take few days off and come over.”

“We miss you too, the kids asked about you the other day.”

“I am definitely killing the hospital director for those holidays then!”

Bom laughed imagining her friend doing just that. Seoyang was a little crazy.

“What about you? Are you okay after that day?”

Bom called Seoyang right after she saw Seunghyun about a week ago. She had a mini-panic attack and her friend reminded her to breathe. She told her all what Bom needed to hear. That it was probably nothing and that Seunghyun was most likely here for work.

Bom still felt threatened and kept watching her back each time she left the house. Call her paranoid, but it was Seunghyun we were talking about. That man was as unpredictable as a storm. You never know when he will hit next. Bom had first-hand experience with him. He’s not the type of man to be underestimated.

“I am still worried.” Bom admitted to her friend. “He’s Seunghyun after all.”

“He couldn’t find you all of those years,” Seoyang assured her. “He won’t now. Don’t stress yourself about it darling, you will have wrinkles.”

Bom chuckled. “It’s not like I have another life to live, wrinkles or no wrinkles.”

“Of course you do! You’re still young and beautiful. One day, prince charming will scoop you away.”

Bom frowned. “I don’t believe in that. I only want my children to live happily.”

“But you deserve happiness too,” Seoyang said.

“Seungri and Chaerin are my happiness. I needn’t anything else.”

“Hmm, I am not so sure about that.” Pause. “I’ve got to go, there’s an emergency. I will call you later!”

Bom didn’t know what Seoyang meant and didn’t think much about it.

She classified some accounts for further inspecting and washed up for sleep. She swung by her kids’ room and kissed their tiny little heads. They slept almost immediately after she read them the first page of a story.

Despite being tired and in desperate need for sleep, Bom tossed and turned almost all night. She couldn’t get pass that deep dark look in Seunghyun’s eyes. From the brief time she watched him, he didn’t look different at all. Nothing changed. He still wore those tailored suits. He still walked like he owned the place. He still had that haughty charismatic feel in his stance and he still looked as good as ever. It’s like the man aged like wine or something. It’s been whole six years and he didn’t get a single wrinkle.

Bom was weak to his looks. She still considered him the most beautiful man she ever saw –right after Seungri. Her little boy took the place of the most precious man in her life. It didn’t help that he looked so much like his father. Looks and character wise.

Shaking her head, Bom scooped all thoughts of Seunghyun away and concentrated on sleep. He had no place in her life anymore. At the matter of fact, he never did.

The following day, Bom drove her children home and had a loud dinner with them. Seungri –who didn’t like broccoli at all– decided he wanted some when Bom gave hers to Chaerin. The entire meal was spent in bickering until she broke it out by splitting it between them. Of course Seungri didn’t eat it, he just wanted to create a problem out of nowhere.

They sat to watch a film together because Bom promised them so. It was a newly released cartoon that she bought for them earlier today.

“Mummy, can we get ice cream?” Chaerin asked in that innocent pleading voice she used when she wanted something so badly.

“Yes mummy, ice cream.” Seungri wasn’t the type who pleaded. He simply demanded. So Seunghyun-like it dizzied her sometimes.

“Fine.” Bom got to the kitchen but she only found chocolate flavour –the one Seungri preferred. She opted to give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter