Twenty Two

Emotionally Corrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom was completely exhausted when she got back home.

The deal with Vincent and Seoyang drained her. Her childhood friend was indeed caught by Seoyang with a girl in his apartment but she had the wrong idea. The girl was actually one of Vincent’s acquaintances and she drove him home because he was drunk. They certainly didn't do anything together.

When she answered the door to Seoyang, her friend got completely fired up and left on the spot without hearing any of Vincent’s explanations.

Bom had to be the judge in their heated cat and mouse quarrel. She literally had to stop Seoyang from beating the hell out of Vincent. But she couldn't stop her from calling him all sorts of names asking him why he let the blonde in his house in the first place.

"You don't know about the suffering I go through because of you!" Seoyang shouted angrily before leaving. She didn't even wait for Bom.

Vincent wasn't very apologetic which made her anger escalate to a scary level.

"Let her go if you don't care about her," Bom told him once Seoyang was gone. "It's unfair to make her go through all of this."

"You just heard and saw her!" Vincent yelled. "She doesn't see reason at all. How am I supposed to deal with that?"

"Patience." Bom said with a sigh. "I know this more than anyone. If you counter-attack every time she attacks you, everything between you two will turn to dust."

"I love her Bommie." Vincent hugged her apparently hiding his tears. "You know me, I've never been in love. I don't even know what love is but with her, I feel like I am the liveliest man on earth."

Bom patted his back. "Don't worry, it will get better."

Vincent hugged her tighter. "I don't know what I would've done without you by my side."

"I know."

She wasn't sure if Seoyang will allow him to even see her let alone talk but Bom will knock some sense into that stubborn girl's head. Seoyang loves Vincent too and because Bom knew that, these misunderstandings are driving her crazy.

Not more than her own marriage's mess.

Bom spent the whole night thinking about her earlier encounter with Seunghyun. She wanted to go back and explain everything to him but he was so freaking stubborn and hot headed too.

Seunghyun only did and understood whatever he wanted.

Others opinions never mattered to him. Not even hers. Especially not hers.

The darkened look he gave her before he left was making her shiver even now. He seemed as if he was completely through with her. As if anything she does or says wouldn't have a meaning to him.

After all that progress they made...

Bom knew that all good things come to an end.

But still, she wanted to fix things between her and her husband. It killed her to think that everything they worked for would be thrown out of the window.

No. Bom wouldn't allow herself to go back to square one.

She contemplated going to his office or room once she reached the house but quickly voted against the idea, fearing that his anger was fresh.

Bom could barely sleep that night. Worry and uneasiness made her toss and turn all night. When she woke up the next morning, the twin told her that Seunghyun passed by their room and went early to work.

He goes to the company early sometimes. It's not like he's avoiding her or something.

At least Bom hoped he didn't.

Later that night, when he came back, he didn't even chance a look her way. Not even a gesture. A frown. A death glare. Nothing.

It hurt her more than she liked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter