Sixteen

Emotionally Corrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're going to meet Uncle Vincent?"

"Yes," Bom fastened Chaerin's seatbelt and closed the door moving to the driver's seat.

"Why can't the driver Uncle take us?" Seungri asked

"He's busy," Bom lied setting the car on motion. "Guess who's coming too?"

"Aunt Seoyang!" Chaerin squealed her head bobbing up and down.

Bom nodded smiling at her babies. They were literally her source of life. She didn't know how she would've survived without them.

"Why can't daddy come too?" Seungri had a curious look on.

"Because daddy is working," Bom was getting a little jealous of the close relationship they had with their father. It was the only thing she wished for when she first came here. Now, Seungri and Chaerin didn't do a thing without asking about him. Daddy this. Daddy that.

Bom was always the only parent in their lives. To be able to share them with someone else was hard. Even if it was their own father.

Seungri went back to his book. He was always reading. Bom knew he was smart even before his teacher suggested an accelerated course. Chaerin was also smart and the teacher recommended an accelerated course too but it wasn't at Seungri's level.

While he was always reading and discovering things, Chaerin got too immersed in the ballet and piano classes her father provided for her. Bom couldn't afford any of those before and she never imagined that her little baby was a natural in piano. Her teacher wished she enrolled beforehand for that a little of her talent was wasted.

Chaerin was excited about the ballet classes but she fell in love with the piano and her teacher at first sight. Bom knows when her baby girl is in love. She would practice all night and even when she comes home, she would sit on her father's lap and play baby piano songs with him. She didn't even need music sheets, all she needed was to hear and watch him play then she would copy him almost immediately.

Bom saw the proud look on Seunghyun's face when she started playing the Beethoven Sonata he sometimes played late at night. She wanted to try the Shubert one but she got lost in notes.

Seunghyun didn't play piano much but when he did. He was haunting. Bom actually felt a dark halo whenever he did. Maybe because it brought back the old days when he threw her on the sofa then left her so he could play his stupid piano.

Seungri was having piano lessons too. He didn't love it as much as Chaerin but he was getting along with it. He needed sheets to do anything though. The teacher said it was unusual for children at his age to be that serious about reading notes. They usually started with baby steps.

Bom knew that her baby boy wanted to read everything. Even on the way to school he would get a book and read. When they were in the streets, he would read all the signs he encounters.

He once sat between Seunghyun's legs when he was reading the morning newspaper and started reading his father's name out loud. "Daddy why did you buy a bansrupted bank?"

Seunghyun raised his eyebrows in confusion then quickly realised he was reading the front line of his newspaper. He smiled. "It's bankrupted not bansrupted."

Bom didn't even bother reading about Seunghyun. She only knew what needs to be known. He was usually on the cover of newspapers and magazines. He made deals with all the biggest corporations. He grew even larger in the past six years. That's why he was barely around anymore.

He had specific time for the children but even when he's home, he would lock himself in his office and kill his body with work.

"Uncle Vincent!" Chaerin called jumping out of her seat as soon as he opened the door. He scooped her in his arms spinning her until she started giggling. Then he put her down and bumped fists with Seungri. It was their way of greeting each other.

"How were my little babies?"

"We were awesome!" Chaerin couldn't hide her excitement. "We have a daddy!"

"So I heard." Vincent nodded with a little smile. "Do you like him?"

They both screamed a yes and Vincent smiled a littl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter