Four

Emotionally Corrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19 months ago,

Bom pressed the sent button with shaky fingers and weary eyes.

Just a while longer. She assured herself. A little more and she will take her things and leave.

A deep sense of fear trickled her each time she set a foot in the company. She was afraid her big fat lie will explode at her face any second. She even thought of taking few days off to clear her head. But no matter how much Bom tried to stay away, she couldn’t.

Bom needed the money with undeniable urgency. Her mother was lying in a hospital bed with the risk of being kicked out. Bom’s money ran out in a blink. She sold their house and used all the savings her father left her but it still wouldn’t cover her mother’s treatment and the numerous surgeries she got.

Ever since the accident five months ago, Bom has been living on stripes just to afford her mother staying one more day in the hospital. As if her suffering of losing her only family to coma wasn’t enough, now Bom had to struggle to keep her mother attached to those machines.

She even turned into a criminal.

“Miss Park, the president wants to see you.” The team leader’s voice rang in her head like a death sentence.

“W-why?” Bom couldn’t help the stutter. Something was definitely wrong. The president of such a big company doesn’t just meet a low employee like her for chat over tea.

“You will find out when you get to his office.”

She tried to read anything from his stern poker face but Bom’s team leader was entirely closed off about sharing.

Bom got up and headed to the elevator with trembling legs. She had to scream at her mind to stop thinking about escaping. It’s not like she could get far, one call away and the security will be at her back. Besides, the president could be interested in counselling one of the accounting department for a special project or something.

No matter how much Bom tried lying to herself, she knew something was definitely wrong. She worked in the company for a whole year and not once did she meet the president one on one. He came around and spoke to her team leader few times, he also inspected the work but didn’t directly talk to her. Not ever.

Well, it doesn’t help that Bom almost blended with her office table whenever he came. The man has an intimidating presence that scared her –and everyone around.

How could she ever talk to that man one on one?

When she reached his floor. Bom readjusted her little black skirt and white shirt making herself as presentable as possible. Well, kind of. She knew her skirt was a little short for norms.

The secretary waved her in as soon as she saw her.

Bom knocked twice.

When she heard the deep, “Get in.” Bom took a deep breath and went to meet her boss.

Choi Seunghyun was seated at his desk typing something on his computer. He didn’t raise his head until Bom was standing right in front of him. The sharp look in his eyes meant trouble. And Bom knew, she just knew that she was in for a mess.

Seunghyun slowly walked around his office and leaned toward the desk crossing his arms and ankles.

 “Hello miss Pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter