Six

Emotionally Corrupted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re coming with me to Mum? Don’t you have work?”

Bom couldn’t believe what she just heard. Seunghyun was acting really weird. He never came to visit her mother. Not since he first went to settle things.

“I don’t have any appointment for the afternoon.” Seunghyun said motioning for the driver to go.

 Bom looked at him suspiciously. Seunghyun wasn’t the type of man who ‘didn’t have work’. He ran a huge company with thousands of employees and several branches all around the world. There’s always something for him to do. He was some kind of a workaholic too. Even when there’s nothing, he will invent it.

Somehow, he was strangely different today. In a very good way.

Bom didn’t know what to feel about that. She liked this rare side of him but she was also afraid it will vanish as suddenly as it came. Seunghyun played lots of games with her, this could be yet another addition. He sure loved tormenting the life out of her.

Seoyang greeted them once they went inside. Bom found a good friend in her mother’s nurse. They talked about many things whenever Bom dropped by. She was way better than the previous retired nurse. That one was tight-lipped and didn’t say a word to her whatsoever. Seoyang was cheerful and different. Bom really liked her.

“She looks better than the last time I saw her.” Seunghyun observed Bom’s mother.

“The last time you saw her was almost two years ago. Of course she’s different.”

He didn’t say a thing. He just leaned by the window arms and ankles crossed. It was his relaxed stance. Bom called it the ‘hot’ position. He sure looked unbelievably good for someone who was just relaxing.

It wasn’t even fair.

Her hormones are doing a serious flip these days.

“I do nothing but read to her.” Bom said trying to shoo her thoughts away from Seunghyun’s body before she started drooling.

 “Romance novel?” He cocked his eyebrows after seeing the book in her hand. “Really?”

“Mum loves them!” Bom countered as if trying to defend herself.

Seunghyun didn’t seem to believe a word she said. He was seriously impossible sometimes. Okay, most of the time.

“She does! She was a hopeless romantic you know. She followed dad all the way here because she loved him. She gave up her whole life in France and came for him.”

Bom didn’t know why she was indulging such information to Seunghyun. He never asked about her life or family and she didn’t tell him. But today he was all sorts of too much. He was too hot, too sweet and too nice. Bom couldn’t help opening up to him.

Seunghyun looked at her intently as if surprised by her own revelations as she was.

Opening the book, Bom hastily turned away from his inquiring gaze and started reading for her mother. She didn’t chance a single look at Seunghyun although she was sure he was watching her like a hawk.

She continued he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter