#prompt_4

0208 : spreads woohyun's heart! ❤ UPDATED WITH A NEW PROMPT #woogyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

#prompt_4: Sunggyu is Woohyun’s father and Woohyun didn’t know about it.
Pairing: woogyu
Genre: angst
prompt is from me, gyumustache.

 

***

 

Sunggyu was a player when he was in high school. He wasn't a very handsome man but he was rich. His family is rich and that was how he tricked the women. He had done so many 'one night stand' stuff and most of the woman that he slept were the university students.  They needed money for their basis needs and Sunggyu can pay that. As he grown up and becoming the most wanted bachelor in South Korea, Sunggyu  left his habits behind as he inherited his father's company. Now, Sunggyu is 36 years old and he is single and a father of 18 years old son.

Yes, Sunggyu is a father. It happened 4 years ago when someone sent him a parcel to his house. Inside the parcel contained few photos of a boy and a woman. The woman looks familiar to him somehow. He found a letter and photos of baby scans. Sunggyu took the letter and read the content. It said that, he had a son named Nam Woohyun and he is 14 years old by now. Sunggyu kept reading on the same line over and over again. The person who wrote the letter told him that she was one of the women that he had slept before. Sunggyu took out all the content inside the box and found a photo of him and the person that wrote the letter. She was Seuhee noona. Seuhee told Sunggyu that she is dying and she didn’t have any family member that can look after Woohyun. She hoped Sunggyu will meet Woohyun soon and hoped Sunggyu can look after him.

*

Sunggyu wore his jeans and hoodie with a pair of sneakers to visit Seuhee and also to confirm that Woohyun is his son. Sunggyu was about to knock the door but he felt he can’t do that. He was afraid to face the fact. What if Woohyun is really his son? What happened to his business later on? He pulled off his hand from the knob and turned around. He walked few steps and sat on the bench near her room and stared the door.

Few minutes later, a medical team ran into her room and a nurse pushed boy out of the room. The boy was sobbing while staring the closed door. The boy had the same features like a boy that he saw in the photo. Perhaps, that is Woohyun.

His heart asked him to comfort that Woohyun. By time he realized, he legs brought him to Woohyun. Woohyun looked Sunggyu confusedly.

"Are you okay?" Sunggyu asked tried not to become awkward man.

Woohyun shook his head, "My mom is there. I don’t know what happened to her. The machine beeped loudly and later the nurse came and pushed me out," Woohyun told him care freely without feeling shame.

"How about we sit there and pray for your mother's safety," Sunggyu said and surprisingly Woohyun followed him.

 

*

 

Sunggyu visited her again on a week later. This time, he wore white long-sleeved shirt tucked into his black pants. He made sure there wasn’t anyone inside the room except her. His heart prayed as he opened the door. The sound that made by the door made Seuhee turned her face. Her brain looked for a memory for the man that walked to her.

“Seuhee noona,” Sunggyu called her.

“Ah Sunggyu,” she smiled.

Sunggyu was awkwardly rubbed his neck as he didn’t have any words to begin the conversation.

“I thought you’ll never come. Did you come here to see Woohyun?” she asked.

“Well, not really. I had met him before,”

“Surprisingly,”

“Noona, I didn’t mean to be rude or didn’t trust you, but if you mind, I need, Woohyun’s hair for DNA sampling,” Sunggyu asked as polite as he can.

He thought Seuhee would mad to him but she wasn’t.

“On the top the drawer got Woohyun’s cap. Maybe you can check on it,” Seuhee said.

Sunggyu took out a clear small plastic bag as he walked to the drawer. Luckily, few strains of hair were sticking inside the cap. His action was fast right before Woohyun pushed the door. Woohyun didn’t realize Sunggyu was there until his mother told him. Woohyun looked him as his brain tried to figure out the man stood in front of him.

“You are, that ahjusshi,” Woohyun said.

Sunggyu walked to them and pulled out his hand, “I’m Sunggyu, and I’m-“

“Sunggyu is my friend,” Seuhee continued.

Woohyun still looked at Sunggyu, “I see,”

“I’m sorry, I get to go now. Bye, Noona. Bye Woohyun,” he said and waved his hand awkwardly.

 

*

 

The news about Seuhee’s death reached his phone. It was 2 days ago he met Seuhee, and now she was dead. The DNA result came out and his DNA and Woohyun matched. There was no doubt anymore, Woohyun is his son and he is a father.  Sunggyu was the last person came to the funeral. By the time he arrived, the body turned the ashes. Woohyun was also there when he came. His eyes were red and puffy. He looked confused and clueless. Of course he was. He didn’t have anyone in this world anymore except his father that just newly found few weeks ago. Woohyun didn’t know about this because Seuhee never told him. For Woohyun, his dad passed away before he born.

Sunggyu came to Woohyun and took the empty seat beside him. He patted his back slowly and said sorry for his lost. Woohyun burst into tears again but inside Sunggyu’s hug. Sunggyu surprised by his action when suddenly Woohyun wrapped his arm around Sunggyu’s waist and cried. He didn’t know how to comfort that poor kid. In between the cries, Sunggyu told him that his mother asked him to look after Woohyun after her death. Sunggyu asked, if he wanted to live with him. He refused too.

Sunggyu sent a maid lady to help Woohyun handled his life –from cooking to cleaning. The maid lady worked from 6AM to 7PM, and after that she returned home. Woohyun was alone during night and he spent his night cried while holding his mother’s blanket that still had her scent. Sunggyu did leave his business card to Woohyun in case he needed him. Woohyun thought he didn’t need Sunggyu’s help after the thing he had done by sending the maid lady to his house. At first he was trying to dial up Sunggyu’s number but few rings later, Sunggyu picked up.

 

*

 

Sunggyu sent someone to fetch Woohyun at his house. Last night, Woohyun was calling –asked him if Sunggyu’s offer was still valid. Sunggyu told him, he always welcomed Woohyun. When Woohyun reached Sunggyu’s house or more close to mansion, Sunggyu wasn’t at home. He was working but Sunggyu had informed his butler about Woohyun and asked him to help Woohyun out. The butler showed to him the guest bedroom that sized about his apartment. The bed looked bouncy –called Woohyun to come and jump on it. The closet was big like he could play hide and seek. The butler left him alone and asked Woohyun to call him if he needed help. For a moment, Woohyun forgot about his sadness.


Woohyun thought by staying with Sunggyu his life become better, but he was wrong. His life was still the same except, he lived wealthy. Sunggyu didn’t talk to Woohyun much. Most of his time, he spent in the office and when he returned home, he locked himself in his study room. Sunggyu sent him to the prestigious school. One thing about Woohyun that Sunggyu didn’t know was Woohyun was a slow-learner. He placed on the last place in his school and he failed all of his papers. Woohyun didn’t choose to be dumb; he tried his best to study hard so he could improve. He wanted made his mother proud and Sunggyu too. Woohyun didn’t have friends in school. Students didn’t want to befriend with him because he was weird, geeky and stupid. That added up Woohyun’s stress. Woohyun was 15 years old on that time and his life full with stresses.

Sunggyu been called to the school one day –to discuss about Woohyun’s academic. Woohyun was beside him by the time his homeroom teacher talked about him. Woohyun felt himself so small. He was ashamed with Sunggyu. Sunggyu sent him to the prestigious school and he screwed it up. Sunggyu looked Woohyun by time to time as the teacher talked about Woohyun. The teacher told Sunggyu that Woohyun was a slow-learner and it was hard for him to compete with others. He needed more attention and that school can’t give that to him.

 

“Woohyun, why you never told me about you have difficulties in studying?” Sunggyu asked him when they were on their way back to home.

Woohyun played with his bag’s strap, “I don’t want to burden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter