#prompt_14

0208 : spreads woohyun's heart! ❤ UPDATED WITH A NEW PROMPT #woogyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Title: good night, Sunggyu
#prompt_14: where Sunggyu experienced trauma that made he had amnesia –he can’t remember anything that happened a day before and every morning he woke up, it will be a very new day for him and Woohyun was there to help him.
inspired by: before I go to sleep
pairing: woogyu –woohyun’s pov
genre: romance slight angst

 

***

 

1.

I got a phone call from police this morning and told me that you’ve been found. I dashed to the hospital as they said you were there. When I entered the ward that the nurse told me, I was very surprised. I looked you –that wasn’t Sunggyu that I’ve seen few days ago. You look awful, really bad. Dark purple bruises were on your face with dried blood on the corner of your lips. I felt a heavy lump fell on my knees as I neared you. You were sleeping and the IV wire sticking out from your vein. A detective came to me a moment after with a file on his hand. He told me that, you’ve been found behind a dark alley on stacked of black garbage, almost lifeless, limped and half-. The detective told me that, you’ve been beaten so badly and there was a sign you been ual abuse. I shifted my sight to you and you were still sleeping. I’m sorry for making you went through that. You must be in such a huge pain, you must be called my name. I’m sorry, Sunggyu.

You awoke few hours later –confusedly. You asked who am I. I told you, I’m Woohyun and your reply sunk my heart. You didn’t know who I am. The doctor came and made a quick examination. He told me to follow him to his office as he wanted to show me something. I went and he explained something complexity. Trauma, amnesia –that what were he told me. I took a break for a moment, had myself a cup of hot drink from vending machine. I sipped down slowly and tried to engulf words that your doctor had told me. Slowly until all the drink inside the cup finished. I threw the paper cup into the trashcan and I went to your ward.

There was a nurse on your side and you were sleeping. She told me that the doctor gave you sedatives a moment ago as you raged –maybe because you were afraid with all this new things –she told me that. I nodded and thanked her before she left us alone. I took the wooden chair and neared it to your bed before I dimmed the lamp. I caressed your hair slowly before traced down to the bruises in your face –to your chapped lips. My eyes brimmed with tears and when I closed them, the tears poured. I wiped used my back-hand and slowly kissed your forehead, “Good night, Sunggyu,” I told you.

 

3.

Today was the third day you were here and guess what, you had anterograde amnesia – in which your brain unable to keep recent events and transferred become a long-term memory. You can’t remember anything that happened the days before. The last thing you remembered was when you were in high school. Your doctor told me that, you’ll be discharged today and I’m so happy to hear that, of course, you too –well if you remembered, you hated the smell of hospital so much. I still can remember you begged me to tell the doctor to release you earlier when you had been admitted in hospital for high-fever.

I held your hand as we walked to elevator though you refused at the first place, but slowly our finger intertwined and you put your trust on me. I led you to my car and opened the door for you. Be careful –I told you that but you didn’t give any reply. I put your bag on the trunk before I drove to our home. Yes, our home, Sunggyu.

I opened the door and nudged you to enter first. You undid your shoe and stepped into the apartment slowly. Your eyes wandered around our house. White –that were our walls’ color. We chose not to paint with other color because white seem pure, like our love, Sunggyu. I wish you could remember that, but you couldn’t; but, it’s okay, because, I love you, right?

I cooked dinner –fried rice with burnt eggs. You smiled as I placed your plate infront of you with a burnt egg. I said sorry and you told me not to worry. You shoved the rice inside your cavity and munched slowly. You asked for water suddenly and I asked why. You said my fried rice was over-salted. I tasted my portion and looked for the water too. I grabbed your plate and mine and dumped the rice into a dustbin. You felt sorry but I asked you not to. Maybe a cup of ramen would heal everything –everything.

Later by 10, you yawned widely and told me that you were sleepy. I ruffled your hair like you always did to me before and leaded you to our room. A queen bed with a fluffy mattress covered with a sky blue’s duvet spread on the bed. I helped you set down your pillow and asked whether you comfortable or not. You just nodded. After you closed your eyes, I switched off the light and headed to the bed. Slowly, I placed my legs into the duvet and head on my pillow. I looked at you, but you were sleeping. Though you had amnesia, but your sleeping habit won’t change. You were a quick sleeper and I wondered how you could do that. I touched your wounded cheek gently as I kissed them, “Good night, Sunggyu,” I said.

 

10.

Today you woke up before me. I didn’t know what happened to you until you screamed –made me wide awake. I asked you, why. You asked me back, who I am. I told you, I’m Woohyun, your boyfriend and you made a confused look. I used with that expression every morning since I brought you here and everytime you did that, I felt a heavy lump in my chest.

I printed out a lot of photos today and all of them were about me, you and us –my graduation photo with few bouquets of flowers in my arm, your graduation photo with me on your left and kissed your cheek, our first holiday ever where we were in Bali and watched sunset, and my favorite photo ever, our photo after had a matching tattoo. You lowered down your pants and revealed a butterfly image on your skin of your right thigh with my initial name below it. I did too, but on my left thigh with Kim under it.

You asked me, does it hurt to get this. I laughed when heard that, actually you were the one wanted this thing happened. You smiled when I told you that and said you never expect a man like you had tattoo. Aw, Sunggyu after all you were still adorable like the first time I saw you –in the audience seat. Your laugh, your smile –it never change and even your confusion look.

We cuddled up the rest of the day on the sofa with our TV played videos from our past. I saw your eyes brimmed by time a photo of us kissing played on LCD. I pressed the pause button and the video paused from playing.  You glanced up to me since you rested on my chest and you gave me the glassy eyes that waited any moment to shatter. I pressed my thumbs against your eyelids and it shattered. I kiss your forehead before rubbed mine with your forehead.

You felt sorry for forgetting me and I hushed you not to. I was the one to be blame for making you like this. This won’t happen if I fetched you up on the night you lost. I told you I was busy and you needed to catch up for taxi. I still could remember the sad tone you gave to me on that night and I ed up, okay.
We cried on that day –poured a huge amount of tears from these eyes. When the night came, I found you slept inside my hug. I brought you closer to my chest, tighter so you won’t slip away.

“Good night, Sunggyu,” I muttered as I kissed your brown hair.

 

30.

It’s been a month since that accident or maybe more, I didn’t know. I didn’t make a proper count. I was in the kitchen in this morning –preparing the breakfast when I heard a loud noise coming from our room. I quickened my steps to the room and saw you on the bed –knees brought to your chest; rocked your body infront and backward. I got you inside my arms before you pushed me away. Your eyes were different, they weren’t soft –they were red wild.

You whimpered and asked me to get off away –don’t touch me. I asked you to calm down and told you my name. I asked you to take a deep breath but you didn’t. You threw off things to the floor and so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter