Dear Diary: Words to woo

Cookies & Cheese

Dear Diary: Words to woo

 

“What are you doing?”

Hakyeon, who’d been sprawled across the bed, his bum waving in the air to some unknown tune, jumped at Sanghyuk’s sudden arrival.
“Yah, the least you could do is give some warning,” red-faced N cursed at the giggling Maknae, throwing whatever he’d been doing under the pillow in a rush.

Of course, nothing escaped Sanghyuk’s eye.
“What-choo hiding~” said Maknae sang, creeping closer to N’s pillow and yanking it aside to reveal a tiny pink notebook hidden beneath it. The moment his eyes fell upon the glittery pink cover adorned with ribbons, buttons and such titbits, Hyuk knew he’d come across gold. As quick as lightning, the notebook (which had the words ‘Diary of the princess: CHA HakyeoN’ scrawled over the cover page) lay in Hyuk’s hand, and a wide smirk on his face.

“What have we got here~” his eyes were literally twinkling as he danced out of Hakyeon’s reach and began to read out the contents of the “princess’s” diary.   

 

"Dear Diary:

Something amazing happened to the Cha princess when she me when I went to check if the new gummy bears were out.
(They still aren’t out yet, though *pout*)
-”

“Give that back, damn you!” Hakyeon desperately swiped at his private property being abused in Hyuk’s disgusting filthy hands, and nearly fell in the process.

 

"I met the yummiest handsomest man Angel, I swear that guy was an angel and I had walked into heaven that day~

“STOP IIIITTT!”

"So naturally I asked him if I’d taken a wrong turn somewhere down the line, because I had wanted to go to Candy Kingdom, not heaven, because that’s clearly where he belonged~ (That’s a good one, isn’t it?! Tell me that’s a good one!!) –”

 

“-It is a good one, okay~” Hakyeon cut across.

“No it’s not; it’s a pickup line, therefore it’s terrible because all pickup lines are terrible and only losers use them,” explained Hyuk in a single breath.

“Did you just call me a loser?” steamed N, “Yah! Take that back, you…!!”

 

"And then *clutches heart* he spoke to me~!!!

`*~.`*~ <3 ~*`.~*

(I think I’ve fallen in love: no, no, it was love at first sight)–”

 

“I DID NOT WRITE THAT!! Stop lying Han Sanghyuk I did not write that!!”

 

"What words I can use to woo him:

[Check] – The above
[Check] – “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?”
[       ] – “Do you have a map? Because I seem to have lost my way in your eyes”
[       ] – “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’ll put U and I together”
[       ] – “You must be a broom, coz you know how to sweep me off my feet~”
[       ] – “Did you… just fart? Coz you BLEW ME AWAY X’D
[       ] – “D’you smell something burning? –oh wait, it’s you- coz UR STEAMIN HAWT!”

[       ] – “Your feet must be tired~ Coz you’ve been running through my mind All day!

-These are pickup lines,” commented Hyuk after reading a couple, “not-” he scoffed, “Not ‘words I can use to woo him’.”

“Hey! Give it back!” Hakyeon flayed around the hulkishly-tall Hyuk like kid trying to jump up to get something he clearly couldn’t reach. He only succeeded in grabbing his precious diary back because Hyuk knew the consequences of holding the pink book hostage for too long would be drastic and life threatening.
"'Words I can use to woo him’,” he was still laughing to himself, though, as he backed off, “Who uses ‘woo’ in this day and age?”

 

Now that diary was finally in his hands, Hakyeon clutched it possessively to his chest so Hyuk couldn’t grab it away again.
“What did you say…?”

“Nothing~” Sanghyuk shrugged, taking comfort from the mere fact that only two items in Hakyeon’s list had been checked – Had it been any more than that, my life as I know it may be ruined, just by being related to a …… like N.

“WHAT IS THAT LOOK FOR?! Out, out!” Hakyeon could stand no more; he kicked the younger in the and sent him flying out of the room, howling in pain. (In reality, the Maknae was howling with laughter, but let’s just let Hakyeon dream~)

 

Once the brat was finally out (of sight and out of mind), Hakyeon picked up a matching (glittery and pink) pen, and scratched out the title to replace it with: “Pickup lines are cool, OKAY!  

***

A/N:

Okay, so I maybe more than a bit obsessed with writing pickup lines (coz where else can we use em, but in fanfics?) but I'm clearly not the pro, so if they sound familiar, it's all more or less from this video that my dear friend MinKawaii directed me to~ 

Okay so I got good news and bad news, and since this aint quite a face to face convo I can't ask you to choose which you wanna hear first, so:

Good news: I know we've not had an update with Ravi in a looong time- but I can assure you, the next chapter's gonna be a "special episode", and... well, it's gonna be good~ (If I may say so myself) <- I may have hinted about this one to a few readers already ;D

But...

Bad news: There's talk about me having to get another one-month-contract job OR get into uni, which basically means, I can't lie on my all day writing fanfics for you guys and managing to update every other day :'( :'(

So because of that... *giant hug to all of y'all who've been with me upto now* -I'm still gonna update, you guys!! Don't worry!! Keokjeonghajimaa!

...Because of that, I'm gonna make my next update for y'all *extra* special!

<3