[Hyukbin bonus] The Hours in which Hakyeon is Away

Cookies & Cheese

“Hey Bean-ah,” Hyuk smirked as the groggy voice answered the phone.

“Urgh~ what on earth are you doing up so early?” was the sleepy response he got, “And how did you manage to wake up after last night? I still ache all over!”

“Perks of living with a cousin like N,” Hyuk rolled his eyes, “I had to wake up and ‘do the princess’s bidding’ or the events of last night would no longer be a secret.”

That got Hongbin’s attention. “Close call~” he said, “But… you called coz?”

Hyuk’s smile stretched wider, “What do you say to a round two?”

 

Hongbin’s eyes widened. “No way!! I still haven’t fully recovered-”

“Harabeoji~” teased Sanghyuk.

“-plus, during the day?! What if we get caught?”

“Weren’t you listening to me? Hakyeon’s not gonna be in all morning, plus if we know him well enough, I’d say he’d just get lost on his way back and give us another half an hour or so.” Hyuk cackled evilly.

Silence from Hongbin’s end, till an equally evil smile settled on his face.
“Alright,” he said, “Round two.”

***

Not even ten minutes later, Hongbin was at the front door, dressed and ready to take Sanghyuk out.
“You ready for this?” he asked.

“I’m the one who should be asking,” the maknae elbowed him teasingly, “Harabean-ah~”

“Wanna get punished?” threatened Hongbin as Hyuk danced away.

“Maybe when we get back?” the none-too-clean-minded child said, laughing, “C’mon! We’re wasting precious Hakyeon-free hours!”

 

In no time at all, the two were off the subway and at the location.
“We’re here,” Hongbin said into his phone after expertly dialing a number. “Repeat of yesterday,” he informed, “You up for it?”
Whatever the answer had been made Hongbin smile.

“We’re set,” he nodded at Hyuk, who slapped him a high five.
“Let’s get this!”

***

The familiar dull beep resonated in the air, signaling the go.
Almost immediately, a yell was heard to the right; Hyuk swung to that direction, shooting a beam from the gun in his hand, and Hongbin pulled him back just as a laser came back from the direction he had aimed. “We should hide,” Hongbin whispered ily hoarsely, pulling the younger back behind some obstacles, but of course Hyuk wouldn’t give up till he hit home. He shot two more rings that way, till he heard the ‘dang-dang-dang~’ tone that signaled his success.

But it was far from over.
All those shots only meant their position was exposed. “Run!” Hongbin cried, as several beams rained near them, nearly nipping Hyuk in the arm. “I told ya to-”

“Come already, then,” Hyuk said, on the lead, “There’s this place I always hide-” His words were cut across as they were intercepted by a squinty-eyed guy, who’d in a sudden rush of bravery, jumped in their path.
Stupid. Hongbin easily cut him down, shooting him right in the chest.

“Hold on- if that’s the second beep…” Hyuk said, staring at Hongbin, who continued his thought: “That means only one’s out there…”

“That’s right,” a quiet voice came from behind the two. They turned around slowly to face a smirking Taekwoon.
It was over before it had even begun.

​***

“Rematch..?” Hyuk hinted hopefully as they removed their gear.

Leo looked down at him, the smug smirk of victory written on his face. “I thought this was the rematch for last night?” he said, to which Hyukbin shook their heads vigorously.

“My words were ‘repeat’, not ‘rematch’,” said Hongbin, choosing his words carefully, “Plus, you’ve gotta admit, last night was more…”

“Fun?” Leo offered, an eyebrow quirked up. After all, he’d been the guy to tag them both in one go when he found them on the floor, on top of each other in a sweaty mess. “If you wanna go again and get all hot and messy, I can just fill us another slot,” the hyung offered.

Damnit, Taekwoon was probably the only one who could get Hyukbin this flustered. “You’d just win again,” Hongbin said, too red-faced to say anything else –the memory of falling on top of Hyuk in the middle of the field, and the level to which they had taken things to in the middle of the game still rang clear in their minds.

Taekwoon shrugged, a knowing smile twitching his lips up. “What can I say,” he smirked, “skill is skill~”

***

A/N:

I am SO SORRY youu guys~!! I updated on V-day, but didn't have a chapter ready for W-day till now >~< Mianhae Wonshik-ah
So...

생일 축하 합니다~
생일 축하 합니다~
사랑해, 원식아~
생일 축하 합니다~

<3

Yeah, I try to make up with a Hyukbin chapter, scattered gifs all over (and got distracted by fanart vixx chibis when I went on a gif hunt), a laser-tag scene (yes, that was what it was) even though I've never played it myself TAT so it's probably majorly inaccurate, plus a borrowed birthday card -.-" wht kinda fan am I??  >~~<
Mianhae Raviah, neol saranghaaeee!!!

Now imma leave you with heaps of Wonshik pics <3