Pickup lines are cool, OKAY! [Part 1]

Cookies & Cheese

Blame it on a sugar rush of blame it on the deluxe gummy bear arrival: Hakyeon was in a heightened state of hyperness when he left ‘Candy Kingdom’.

“DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I’VE WAITED FOR THESE?!!” N wouldn’t stop repeating, “I’ve waited for them EVERY single DAY since I heard it was coming out but Candy Kingdom took forevvvveeerrr to get it down but they finally did and I am SO happpeeeeeeehhh!!”
(How he managed to say that whole string of words in one breath, over and over again, is beyond me~)

 

A regular person probably wouldn’t have been able to stand getting their ear talked of by a hyped up Hakyeon, especially in his current sugar-rushed state, but trust me when I say Jaehwan wasn’t a regular person. The guy could actually follow N’s passionate speech, recognizing terms such as Atomic Fireball and Life Savers that other dentists’ assistants most certainly would not recognize; plus agreeing wholeheartedly, succeeding in having a full-length conversation about nothing but candy and all things sweet.

When they reached back to the Dentist’s clinic, Hakyeon began all ceremonious style: “For coming with me, and escorting me on this memorable day, I shall allow you to taste a single gummy bear of the newest ‘Berry Blast’ flavor. (And when I say this chance is one only honored people get, I mean it.)”

Ken gasped, falling on his knees while accepting the piece of candy. (What can he say, he fitted the part well~) When the gummy goodness exploded the taste of sweet berries on his tongue, his face bloomed as if he had found paradise itself.

 

And that was how, on this fateful day, Hakyeon found his candy soulmate.

 

***

 

Hakyeon naturally was in an exceptionally good mood when the lunch break for Ravi came around, and (unfortunately for his current victim, aka Ravi) that meant he was in the mood for pickup lines because candy meant happiness meant pickup lines (or at least, that’s how things get added up in Hakyeon’s mind).
“Come here come here come here,” he said, dragging the dentist away from his patient before he could say, “Okay, wash your mouth out; you’re done.”

“Follow me!” N demanded, grabbing Ravi’s hand and dragging him out of the door.

“Wai-wai-wait! Where you taking me?” A very much shocked Ravi gasped, “Wai… I need to buy my lunch.”

“Oh.”
Hakyeon stopped in his tracks as fast as he had started. “Then you go ahead and do that, while I….” Leaving the thought hanging, Hakyeon skipped off to do what he…

A few seconds in which Ravi didn’t realize he was staring after the other passed; then coming to his senses, he shook his head –That crazy kid’s finally gone; maybe I’ll have at least 15 minutes of peace– and proceeded to cross the road to the café he always had his lunch at.

“I’ll have the usual,” he said, not looking up as he pulled the cash out of his purse, when he was attacked from behind by a pair of thin arms that wrapped themselves around his waist.

“You didn’t wait for meee~” the unmistakable voice of Jaehwan’s rang way too close to his ear.

“Ew, get off me, you !” recoiled Ravi, who soon regretted his selection of words, because Jaehwan seemed to take that as the ‘okay’ to be more y.

 

“Hold on!! I think this place is burning down!!” A loud voice suddenly boomed from the café entrance, breaking the two apart; “Can’t you smell the fire?” Ravi and Ken stared at judged the silhouetted figure (as did every single customer present) because –no, there was no smell of fire. But the random madman wasn’t done:

“Oh wait- I made a mistake,” the guy at the door said, “What I smelt was you!” (Here he points at Ravi) “-Because you’re STEAMING HAWT!!!”

 

And then Ravi let out an almighty groan. Not even a bloody 5 minutes of peace, forget 15!
The pickup-line-mania was back.

 

***

 

“Wanna see what I brought?”

Ravi looked up from the tempting bowl of jjajangmyeon calling to him, and stared at the guy before him – the Cheshire cat smile had spread itself smugly across N’s face. How the hell am I to break it to him that I am not interested? (The dream means NOTHING, btw. Just because I- no. We shall not think about that right now. My point is… these pickup lines are totally off putting.) But how do I tell him?

“Here…” began Ravi, but faltered again, I don’t even know his name to tell him to shut up…                                             

“Yes…?” N didn’t skip a beat.

There’s no way to do this unless I say it to his face, eh? Fine.
“Ken you not hit on me? I mean, I don’t even know your goddamn name, for crying out loud!”

Unfortunately for Ravi, Hakyeon was prepared for everything.
“Ohhh,” he cooed, “Why didn’t you say so in the first place-” (Hakyeon, FYI, had no trouble twisting words) “You wanna know my name?” Hakyeon giggled like a princess, “You should’ve asked sooner~”
(Ravi wanted to point out that he had in fact asked N, who had only smirked at him, saying ‘You wanna know my name?’ in that mocking tone, and Jaehwan had been equally annoying, smirking every time he asked him as well- but of course Ravi didn’t say all that.)

“My name’s Hakyeon,” the kid continued finally revealed, “But you can call me… tonight~”

***

A/N:

*applaudes myself* and finally I put all that research into good use and knitted together this chapter!!!
What else is there to say, but hope you enjoy it as much as I did~

<3