Pickup lines are cool, OKAY! [Part 2]

Cookies & Cheese

Wonshik felt a burning need to face palm.

Unfortunately, his face for some reason didn’t seem to agree co-operate with the rest of him, and turned tomato-read instead, so he had not much choice but to lower his head, stuff a mouthful of jjajangmyeon and choke on it to cover up, hoping to make the colour of his cheeks less obvious. After a heavy coughing fit, (and thumps on the back curtesy Ken, punctuated with sniggers, of course) the table descended into a more or less awkward silence again.

*cough* 
Hakyeon was the first to break the silence, maybe because the awkwardness didn’t hit him:
“So… I need to ask you for something, I’m kinda desperate…”

“What, my number? So you can call me tonight?” Ravi cringed at the thought, knowing he’d regret saying those words out aloud.

“Nah-uh,” Hakyeon shook his head, “YOU’RE the one that’s gonna call me,” he pointed out, “according to what I said. But of course you don’t have my number, so you’ve gotta ask for it.” 

Yep, Ravi regretted saying that already.
He tried to block out Hakyeon’s smirk and the sight of Ken sniggering at that.

“I’M NOT GONNA ASK FOR YOUR NUMBER! I don’t need it.”
Oh god, why was he going red again?!

“Sure~” sang Jaehwan, not missing anything, then turning to Hakyeon, asked, “So, what is it you need?”

“Oh, just a map, if you’ve got one…”
Ravi clenched his fists – he had a feeling what was coming next.

“You see, I’ve got a really ty sense of direction,” Hakyeon continued, “I even couldn’t find my way to your clinic by myself today…”

Wonshik and Jaehwan exchanged looks. It had started out in the makings of a pickup line again, but the way Hakyeon was blabbing, they really couldn’t be sure anymore. This guy’s condition was…

“…And I keep getting lost in one place in particular,” N continued, not even noticing the looks that the other two were giving him. He swung his head up and looked straight at Ravi as he said: “Your eyes.”

 

That did it. Rant or not, it was a pickup line.
Ravi stood up. “Ken you please, I repeat PLEASE not do that?!”

“Do what?”

“Use pickup lines on me.”

Hakyeon pouted, and oh god, he looked so cute when he did that. “But pickup lines are cool…!” he whined. And no matter what the dentist and his assistant said, they couldn’t convince N otherwise.

***

“So. Don’t you wanna see what I got?” Hakyeon surprisingly hadn’t forgot the reason he’d turned up out of the blue at the café.

“No I don’t.” Ravi said blandly, and focused on his noodles, instantly turning N’s Cheshire cat smile upside down.
With stank face set, Hakyeon was about to say: “You ,” when Ken, now taking on the role of peacemaker, interrupted and told Wonshik, “From what he showed me before, what the guy has to show is worth it, man~”

Ravi sighed in defeat. There was nothing he could do –he was powerless, in fact, when Jaehwan took the other’s side.
“Fine,” said Wonshik, “show.”

Hakyeon couldn’t beam brighter. “Tadaaa~”

On the table was thumped a king-sized pack of gummy bears.
Candy.
Ravi couldn’t say he was surprised, really.

“… Well…?” prompted Hakyeon, when the dentist seemed not to say anything.

“Well what?” Wonshik asked, slurping the last of his noodles, looking totally uninterested. He shrugged when N continued to stare at him with vulture-eyes; “Well, I’m done eating and I’m out of here.”

“Yah! You conspirator!” Jaehwan’s loud voice broke out before N had the chance to get a word out, “You made sure you ate fast and leave first so I’m stuck with paying the bill, huh?!”

No comment from Ravi who simply stood up and walked out.
Sorry, but there are patients waiting...

 

Hakyeon’s eyes widened. How dare he treat the new release candy that way and just walk of?! The chair nearly toppled back as he stood up and ran behind Wonshik.
(“Jeez, now even you leave me,” grumbled Jaehwan, feeling totally betrayed.)

***

When Hakyeon finally caught up with the dentist just outside the clinic -Damn, that guy walks fast! Ken’t he be a bit more considerate? My legs ain’t that long… (Yah! But I’m not short! Who you calling short, inma?!)- he was quite out of breath.

“Well, you look quite out of breath,” commented N, panting heavily, when he reached hearing distance.

Ravi turned around, mentally face-palming –the guy had seriously followed him out? -but raised a brow at his ironic observation.
"look out of breath to you?” Ravi asked, giving the guy an once-over.

Ignoring his words, N scanned the figure before him. “And your feet look like they could do with a massage,” he continued.
Hmmm… a massage wouldn’t be too bad, but…

“Why?” Ravi made the mistake of asking; Yup, he asked for it~

“Coz you’ve been running through my mind aaaaallll daaayy~” smirked Hakyeon.

 

Ravi tried not to blow up. Think about your patients… you’re right outside the clinic; what if they see you yell at a kid who… OMFG my life is totally over if they saw him hit on meeeh!! Ravi cringed in spite of his resolve, hands curling in so tight that his nails bit into his palms.

“I told you… please, no –don’t!” he was almost begging, “Don’t use pickup lines. Arasseo?”

“Shiro!” N had had to be the most stubborn human in all history. “I will continue using ’em. Coz PICKUP LINES ARE COOL, OKAY!”

***

A/N:

Poor poor Ravi~

And......... poor poor me! Okay guys: major announcement coming up so- "Listen carefully~"

*takes a deep breath before starting*
Okay, so the most ironic of situations, I, the author of C&C.... went to the dentist. '__' And came back minus two teeth x__x (And I swear I can still taste the blood even though a day and half have passed) -but this is vaguely good news, coz I've got more ideas for this au now!!! =D

The other good news is that the jobless I have got into university!!! *A* -New life, I'm so nervous!!! it's so thrilling, yeah- 
Well but it comes hand in hand with bad news: I will be boarding... and forget internet connection, I doubt I will be able to take my laptop... And I don't see me writing as often in Uni... :'(( I'm so sorry you guys! I honestly didn't see this coming so soon!! 

But I'll try... I'll try to update at least twice a month, okay?