The Search for Paradise

Cookies & Cheese

Morning dawned with a magical sunrise and an equally bright smile upon Hakyeon’s face. He felt victorious. Flipping open the cover of his diary with the air of a diva, he scanned through the contents of his last entry.

 

Dear Diary:

I now have top confidential info on the hottie I met at Candy Kingdom!

Name: Won
Occupation: Dentist
Place of work: … wait, I was knocked out while we went there, need to check with Hyoggi again.

 

Hmm… It felt like I knew a lot more about him when I started writing this…
Oh, well. I can fill in more details at any time~

 

Mission of the day: Find out where exactly his hot dentist/angel worked.

 

“Yah, Sanghyukah!” Hakyeon called out, all set to start with his blood-hounding mission.

Sanghyuk, however, was clearly not in the mood to help.
“Buzz off, hyung,” came the voice from the other room, muffled as the Maknae pulled another pillow over his head so he could block out the noise pollution that was pouring out of Hakyeon’s mouth so early in the morning.

“What is this, lazy head?” Hakyeon marched into the other’s room, uninvited, and pulled open the curtains, flooding the room with light.
Hyuk hissed like a vampire, “What d’ya do that for?”

“To wake you.” Hakyeon blatantly spoke the obvious, “It’s high time you got up. What time did you--”

“Alright, alright, I’m up!” Sanghyuk interrupted before he got lectured by N first thing in the morning. (After all, he did have some details he needed kept hidden in case Hakyeon actually reached the questioning stage.)

In an instant, the stank face evaporated to be replaced by a sickly sweet smile. “Good. Because I need to go to the dentist.”

 

Now Sanghyuk’s mind may have still been more or less addled by sleep, but Hakyeon’s words had him shooting his eyes wide open: Had he heard right?!
“Who are you and what have you done with my cousin?” he spluttered, sitting straight up, a momentary panic written atop the sleepy features.

“Yah!” N neck-chopped him back down onto the bed, standing above him with a hand on each hip. “When I tell you to take me to the angel dentist, you take me to the dentist!” he ordered like the princess he was.
God, what a sass… that was definitely his hyung alright.

Hyuk scanned the pouting figure again, and then it clicked in his sleepy mind: That dentist. Of course~
The Maknae sighed.
“Are you planning on hitting on him first thing in the morning?” he asked, slowly looking up with a raised eyebrow.

“W-what are you talking about?! Of course not!! I need to go to the dentist because…” (Hakyeon had to actually pause and think why people would willingly want to go to a dentist) “Because… my tooth hurts!” he suddenly cried out, and as if to prove his point, fell on his knees, clutching his mouth, , “Aaaahhh~ It huuurts.”

Hyuk tried not to judge too hard; N stank of failed presence.

 

***

 

What had made Hyuk agree in the end? Perhaps because this, however lame the request may have been, was an opportunity to get rid of Hakyeon, and who’d hesitate when it came to getting rid of Hakyeon?

“Fine,” Sanghyuk had said, standing up and pulling on some clothes, “Follow me.”

–to which he got a panicked “WAIT! I’mnotreadyyet!!!”

 

Hyuk rolled his eyes and looked impatiently at the clock on the wall as N picked out an outfit he could wear to the dentist’s. (“No, I can’t wear this… I wore this last week; and this looks really good, but it just makes me look darker… EW!! Why do I even have this in my wardrobe? Ahhh I can’t find anything to where!”)   

 

.           .           .

 

Fifteen minutes later …

 

“I think I’ll settle with this,” N said after having taken more than five trips to the bathroom just to change in and out of the pair of jeans and black skin-tight top in his arms and the white T- plus black shirt over it that he was wearing right now. (You’d think he was preparing for a date, at this rate.) “Okay, I’m all set,” he said, as if the whole process had taken 15 seconds instead of that many minutes, and Hyuk had to resist the urge to flush him down the toilet throw him in a dumpster to …well, you get the point –

 

“Good. Now COME!” The Maknae all but pulled the other guy out of the door less than gently, dragging him behind. (“Ah-ah-aaahh, wait uuup~” N’s grumbles could be heard from a mile off; to which Hyuk responded with a: “Keep up.” He’d had enough of his hyung already, and it was only 9:34 am.)

 

​***

 

“Now make sure you don’t do anything too embarrassing,” Hyuk’s role suddenly switched to a none-too-concerned-mum as he pointed across the street. “The clinic’s there. If you embarrass me in any way… consider yourself dead,” and with that, Hyuk took off before N could comprehend what exactly the Maknae had said to him.

 

Oh well, he was finally here.
A smile crept up N’s face as he barged into the building he would soon nickname ‘paradise’, and announced loudly: “Do not fear! The Cha is HERE!!”

 

Silence spread thickly in the dentist’s waiting room, dotted with blinks and judgmental stares that didn’t hinder N in the least. With a slight shrug, he marched off to the inner room just as his angel dentist called out (very timely, Hakyeon should add,) “Next~”

 

The Cherise cat grin plastered on Hakyeon’s face appeared at the door:

“Missed me?”

***

A/N:

"Missed me?" ;D

*looks the other way* okay fine true... I have not updated in days... Y'all may have missed me (or may not, idk) and I may or may not have missed chatting with you guys (you know how our comment replies get ^-^") but....
Ahh... Mianhae ^-^"

Anyways, I came home early from work today, and was able to write a nice fat chunk of cheese X'D (laughs at my own joke, omfg I'm so lame)
-But aren't you proud of me?! I managed to find flow on a day when I'm free =D =D =D 

Now Imma go reward myself with a lovely episode of Sassy Go go~
buh-bye~

v Left y'all with a picture of Leo coz he looks so good in this!! and omo, he's almost non-existant in this fanfic!! How?!! Aigo mianhae Leo-ah, neol saranghaee!! Ahhh mianhada!! I need to think of how I can pull him into the story more... guys, if you've got any ideas, hit me with all of them without hessitation! Your author needs to be hit coz AIGO MY POOR POOR TAEKWOONIEEE!!!