Chapter 9

Rejected Mate

A lot things happened over the past few months. It was true that Chae Rin had beaten her brother into submission. She decided to not kill him and let the council decide on the punishment. He had been locked up in the underground cells, chained against the wall with silver chains and injected with small amounts of wolfs bane every day.

Since Chae Rin was the one that beat Kris into submission, she was recognized as the new Alpha of the Bloodshed pack. She had been to many meetings with different alphas who were once enemies, trying to sort things out. My hair had grown back, filling in the bald spots. My scars were healing and I am much happier now. Chae Rin even introduced me to her pack as an official pack member and made me her Beta.

This isn’t a happy ending though, bad things do still happen along with good things. Being five months pregnant with Kris’s child was not the happiest thing in the world. Chae Rin suggested I terminate the pregnancy but it isn’t her decision to make. It’s no one’s decision but my own and I decided to keep it. It’s not fair to end such an innocent life, and Kris still doesn’t know anything about the child yet.

“Chae Rin did you call for me?” I asked as I wobbled into the office.

Normal humans aren’t usually this huge during 5 months of their pregnancy but werewolf children tend to grow faster than humans so she-wolves usually carry the baby around 6 or 7 months. Right now I was pretty big.

Chae Rin held her hand up as if telling me to wait. I noticed she was on the phone so I sat down in a chair and waited patiently.

“Yes Alpha...yes as the new Alpha of the pack we wish no harm and only wish for alliances...yes I have the paperwork and will bring it during the meeting...thank you.” She hung up the phone and sighed loudly.

“Being an Alpha ! Seemed like all Kris did was drink, have and beat people. I have all this paperwork to catch up with, make a total count of pack members, warriors and pups, find out how we will finance the pack because Kris almost made this pack bankrupt, find out the schooling situation, rebuild buildings it’s too much!” She cried out loud.

“It’ll be worth it in the end,” I giggled.

She looked over at me from behind her desk and laughed.

“You look like you’re ready to pop!” She clutched her stomach and laughed.

“Shut up it’s not funny!” I scolded.

Well could you help your Alpha out?” She suggested.

“I would suggest investing in some small businesses in the city to help with finances. Have a construction crew work on buildings and houses and as far as school isn’t there a high school nearby? Have the students go there and as far as the pups, they could go to the wolf school here and then a normal elementary school with humans when there’re older,” I explained.

“And that’s why you’re my beta,” she smiled sadly.

I gave a small smile, “I understand Chae Rin, you still miss your brother.”

She shook her head and shrugged, “It’s fine, there’s nothing I can do now. Oh yeah by the way, since I became Alpha, all alphas in this north region are summoned to a meeting. Betas have to come along,” she said.

My smile soon turned into a frown. All alphas in the north region. Jonghyun is an alpha in the north region.

“Chae Rin I can’t go please don’t make me go,” I begged.

She looked at me with sympathy and shook her head, “I’m sorry Ana but you have to go, even if that means seeing your mate. You don’t actually have to go into the conference room, that’s just for alphas so you don’t have to identify what pack you are from,” she suggested.

“I guess that will do,” I smiled weakly.

“Wait that reminds me, I need you to go find Suho and go with him to the training hall and talk to Sehun about the male wolves training,” she ordered.

“Yes Alpha,” I said as I slowly got up and began walking out the door.

I wandered around the pack house, tiring myself until I found Suho in the living room faces with his mate.

“Pregnant woman coming through!” I shouted as loud as I could.

They both jumped away and glared at me as I giggled.

“I hate to break up this session but I need to steal Suho away to go to the Training centre,” I announced.

Mia pouted and looked up at me with puppy eyes, “Just five more minutes,” she pleaded.

“It’s fine babe. I’ll be back,” Suho laughed as he kissed her forehead.

We both walked out of the pack house and walked to the training centre.

“So how’s the pregnancy?” He asked.

“I’m hungry but I keep throwing things up, my feet hurt, my back hurt, I want to cry sometimes, I’m fat and my baby’s father is a monster so how does that sound?” I snapped.

“Woah! And don’t forget moody,” I heard him mutter.

We arrived at the training centre and noticed a few male wolves training. A man in his twenties with light brown hair and dark brown eyes walked over and smiled, “Suho, Ana how may I help you?” he bowed.

“The Alpha has changed some of the rules of training. Once any she wolf or male wolf have reached the age of sixteen, they will be out in the training yard early in the morning for two hours,” I explained.

“Thank you Beta and how is the pregnancy going?” Sehun asked.

“Sorry to interrupt but we have elsewhere to be,” Suho interrupted just so that I won’t snap again.

We began walking back but as I rubbed my stomach, I began thinking about Kris. At that meeting, they will discuss what was to happen to him and he will possibly die. He can’t die without knowing what he created.

“Suho, I think I need to see Kris. I need to tell him,” I said.

Suho stopped walking and looked back at me, “Ana are you sure?” He asked cautiously.

“He has to know. He can’t die without knowing he had done to me,” I sighed.

Suho nodded and we began walking towards the forest. The trees began getting thicker, blocking out the sunshine. There in the middle of the forest stood a concrete looking shack. Suho pulled out a key and unlocked the door. There the door led to more steps and torch light. I slowly and carefully walked down the steps.

On the outside I was calm and under control but on the inside I was shaking with fear. I don’t know how he would react or if he would hurt us.

“Ana calm down he can’t touch you,” Suho said as he rubbed circles into my back as we got to the bottom of the stairs.

There were two large guards at the bottom and they nodded to us. We walked past rows of cells until we got to the largest one.  One of the guards came from behind us and unlocked the door letting me inside.

I slowly stepped inside the cell.  Just by the light of the torch on the wall I noticed Kris kneeling on this ground with silver chains on his hands and feet. He had this head down, his clothes were torn and dirty. Blood was dripping on the floor from his mouth. It was a horrible thing to see.

“Why is the new Beta visiting me?” I heard him growl.

I cleared my throat and looked down at the ground, “I just wanted to come down and thank you,” I said quietly

“For what? Beating you? Abusing you? ? Or perhaps saving you from that damn pack that treated you like !” He spat at the ground.

“You treated me like !” I yelled surprisingly.

He growled as his head shot up to glare at me.

Soon his eyes averted to my round belly. I saw his expression soften and a million emotions cloud his eyes, “You’re pregnant?” He whispered.

Tears began forming in my eyes because I knew that he knew it was his, “Yes, five months. It’s a baby girl,” I smiled.

He slowly stood up and tried to walk toward me but the chains stopped him, “Who is the father?” He asked.

From the look on his face I knew he knew it was his, “It’s yours, you me during heat and this was the outcome,” I said shaking with nervousness.

“Why didn’t you get rid of it?” He asked.

I looked up at his face and noticed scars all along his face. The emotions clear on his face actually surprised me. It was concern and regret.

“I didn’t have the courage to do it, just because her father is a monster doesn’t mean she will be. She won’t see you or learn anything about you until she is old enough and when she is old enough, she will know how you abused me and took advantage of me,” I said firmly as tears slid down my face.

He growled and tried to walk toward me but it was no use, “That is my ing child, you will let me see her!” He roared.

“NO! You’ll be ing dead before she is even born!” I screamed.

“No no you will tell Chae Rin to reschedule the meeting until the child is born. I just want to see what she looks like,” He pleaded.

“You don’t get it, I don’t want you to see her! I don’t want you to cause her pain like you caused me,” I said as I furiously wiped the tears away.

“I wouldn-“

“Don’t give me that nonsense! How can I believe you when all you did was hurt me?!” I looked down and shook my head.

I heard the door open and looked up to see Suho staring at me with concern, “Come on Ana, we don’t want to put any more stress on the baby,” Suho said as he grabbed my hand.

Kris charged at him but was stopped by the chains, “Don’t ing touch her! Don’t you dare touch what is mine!” He roared.

“They don’t belong to you Kris,” Suho said as he led me out the room.

“ANA!!!! Get back here! You can’t leave with my child! That child is mine!!” I heard him yelling as we walked up the steps.

“I’m not yours and so is my daughter. You no longer have control of me and I hope you rot in hell,” I said before making my way towards the exit.