Chapter 6

Rejected Mate

Alpha Kris grew tired of me struggling so he grabbed my arm. I whimpered as I felt a bruise forming from his death grip. We walked outside and I noticed Chae Rin and a man next to her being held down by a few pack members. Chae Rin’s face was bloody and bruised while blood poured out of the man’s mouth.

“Please just let us go, we won’t be a bother,” Chae Rin pleaded.

Her eyes darted towards me and her glare soon turned into pity as she saw my appearance.

“Chae Rin, I thought I told you that you can’t see him anymore?” Alpha Kris growled.

“We were leaving so you would never have to deal with us,” she said.

He walked up towards her and smacked her across the face.

“Kris stop! I’m the one who convinced her to run away with me!” The man spat.

Alpha Kris glared at him with a menacing look.

“My own Beta, disobeyed me,” he grabbed the man’s face and turned it towards Chae Rin.

“I want you to look into her eyes because this will be the last time you ever see her again,” Kris growled.

“Please please no Kris I’m sorry please don’t do this to him,” Chae Rin cried.

“Baby it’s ok, I love you,” The beta said.

Kris grabbed hold of his head and with swift movements ripped his entire head off.  I stood there frozen, unable to move as Chae Rin’s scream pierced through the cold air. Kris then turned to look back at me.

I couldn’t stay here anymore, this alpha was a monster and worse than my old pack. I dashed toward the forest as fast as I could but not fast enough. Something hit me in the back of my head, knocking me out cold.

I walked out my old life in search for a new one but instead I found hell. I left my mate and everything just for hell.

****

“Ana?” I woke up with a giant headache and groaned. 

I looked up to see Chae Rin hovering over me with a concerned look. She looked as if a wolf slashed her face, there were cuts and scratches, it looked horrible.

“Are you alright?” I asked as I sat up.

“I’m fine, this happens all the time,” She muttered with her face turned away from me.

I sat up off the bed and looked around. This wasn’t Alpha’s room. This room was all black, occasional rock band poster on the wall. It smelt like cigarettes and drugs. It wasn’t tidy, there were clothes thrown around everywhere. I’m guessing this is Chae Rin’s room.

“Chae Rin, what happened wasn’t a good thing. I was abused at my old pack but -” my sentence was cut off short by the memory of my old pack.

“Ana you were abused in your old pack?” She asked me.

I couldn’t talk anymore because I was scared tears would fall, so I merely nodded.

“So you left an abusive pack only to join something worse. I’m sorry,” she said.

“Its fine Chae Rin I’m used to the abuse anyway,” I smiled weakly.

She looked around her room and placed her head in her hands, “I never thought about doing drugs before or smoking or wearing all black. My favourite colour used to be blue, I was a good child until Kris murdered our parents for power. He abused me all the time when I went against him, I turned to drugs to help me with the pain but I only feel worse afterwards,” I was completely taken aback at how she was opening up to me, “So what’s your story? I’m pretty sure they didn’t abuse you for no reason,” She turned to me and asked.

“My father is the Beta of my pack. He and the Alpha were close. Coincidentally both their wives went into labour at the same time. My mother had me and the Luna had a pair of twin boys. The three of us became inseparable, we were like triplets because our birthdays were the same. Soon, Jinki, one of the twins, and me began dating. Jonghyun seemed a little distant so he hung out with my brother Gi Tae. The more Jinki and I spent time together, the more distant he became. Their relationship was so bad that they argued with each other most of the time. One night Jinki and I were out and there was a rogue attack, he tried to protect me but we couldn’t shift yet so the rogue tore him apart. I was left alone, trying so hard to save his life. But unfortunately, Jinki died in my arms and everyone believes that I was the one that murdered him. Since then, I was treated worse than an omega. Jonghyun became the new Alpha and I found out that I’m actually his mate. He rejected me when he found out, left me to shift painfully for the first time. I thought I was going to die but your brother found me.” I finished explaining.

Chae Rin looked at me with wide eyes and pushed her hair out of her face.

Well that’s one hell of a story, way deeper than mine. I don’t believe you killed him and your pack is stupid to think so, obviously you all loved each other so why would you kill him?” She snorted.

A smile appeared on my face, at least someone believed me for once.

“If you say there were twins maybe the rogue was trying to kill the future Alpha but didn’t know there were twins so only killed one,” she suggested.

“I never actually thought about that,” I said quietly, my eyes widening at that thought.

“Ana I think your mate is in danger.”