Chapter 10

Rejected Mate

They say after your mate rejects you, it’s easy to move on with your life. Then why is that so different for me? Why is Jonghyun still on my mind all the time? Is it the hormones? Why do I feel like I am betraying him? I have so many questions I want answered right now.

“Ana have you packed yet?! Our ride is going to be here soon!” I heard Chae Rin yell from outside.

“Almost done!” I shouted out the window.

We were going to be away at the conference meeting for three days so Chae Rin left Suho in charge of the pack. He was to report everything at the end of the night. I finished packing my suitcase and carefully wobbled down the stairs.

“Well it took you long enough,” Chae Rin rolled her eyes as she leaned against the black car.

“I had to pack all my pills and clothes and stuff while I’m heavily pregnant so shut up,” I said as I handed my suitcase to the driver so he could put it in the truck.

I walked up to Suho and Mia who were in front of the pack house and hugged them both goodbye, “Make sure you inform Chae Rin about everything or she will be mad,” I informed Suho.

He nodded his head as I got into the back seat with Chae Rin.

“So just you and me huh?” She grinned as we pulled off.

“Yeah I guess so,” I shrugged.

“So what have you decided to name my niece?” She asked excitedly.

“I have no idea yet. I guess I’ll decide when the time comes.”

“How did Kris react yesterday?” She asked.

“It seemed as though he actually cared,” I shrugged.

“Well he has always wanted a daughter before he turned into a , and killed his mate,” she said.

“He won’t see his daughter so it won’t matter,” I snapped.

Chae Rin fell silent as she turned her head towards the window. I leaned my head back and felt sleep overtaking my body. I closed my eyes and felt myself drifting away.

I stood in the middle of a wild flower field. My feet digging into the wet soil. The overwhelming smell of the fresh flowers filling the air. I looked ahead to see a tall figure with its back facing me. I walked toward the person and recognized the person’s smell immediately. Jonghyun.

“Why did you reject me?” I asked calmly as I approached him.

He said nothing and just stared out at the open field. I continued walking until I was facing him face to face.

“You believe that I killed your brother?” I asked as I looked up at him.

His face was flawless but his eyes looked distant. He looked down at me with a frown, “I don’t believe you killed him.”

 

“Ana you have get up, we’re at the hotel,” I opened my eyes to see Chae Rin shaking me.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and slid out the car with help from the driver. He went to the car trunk to grab our luggage. Chae Rin pushed along to the front desk of the hotel and grabbed our room key. The staff helped in carrying our stuff up to the 3rd floor and led us to our room. The room consisted of two queen sized beds, a bathroom and a television.

“I’m taking the bed near the window!” Chae Rin screamed as she plopped onto the bed.

I slowly walked over to the empty bed and sat down. My feet and back have been killing me all day, it’s time for a break. I heard snoring from across the room and noticed Chae Rin was already asleep on her bed.

I smiled and got up to use the bathroom. I heard yelling outside of our door. As I walked towards the door the smell of fresh flowers came to me. My hands began shaking as I approached the door because only one person can smell like that. I looked through the key hole and noticed Jonghyun and my cousin Naeul arguing at the door. Thanks to my heighten hearing, I could hear what they were saying.

“Jonghyun why are you acting like this to me?” Naeul asked as she placed her hand on his chest.

He roughly pushed her hand away and growled, “Get in the room,” he growled.

Looking frustrated, Naeul pushed her way into the room leaving Jonghyun in the hallway. He paused just as he was about to go inside and turned around to stare straight at our door. He looked at it with a confused expression as he sniffed the air.

“He can smell us,” my wolf said excitedly.

“Where have you been this whole time?”

“I have been weak without our mate but now he is near, I can feel him.”

“He rejected us.”

“He still wants us.”

There was a knock on the door that startled me, almost causing me to fall over.

“Who is that!?” I heard Chae Rin yelled, clearly bothered by the knocking, waking her up from her sleep.

I walked over to her bed with a scared expression, “Chae Rin can you please open the door?” I begged as there was another knock.

“Why you were just over there spying on someone,” she groaned and rolled over.

“It’s Alpha Jonghyun.”

She shot up from the bed and groaned, “Fine,” he walked toward the door and opened it as I hid in the bathroom, “Hello Alpha Jonghyun, may I help you?” I heard Chae Rin say.

“Alpha Chae Rin, I just came to congratulate you on your new position, do you happen to be sharing a room with someone?” He asked.

“Just my Beta,” Chae Rin said roughly.

“Where is he?” Jonghyun asked.

“Look we are both tired and would like to just go to sleep so goodnight,” Chae Rin said sternly.

“Goodnight,” Jonghyun growled.

I heard the door slam and I stepped out the bathroom.

“You owe me for covering your ,” Chae Rin muttered as she flopped back onto the bed.                     

“Yes thank you so much, I’m just not ready to see him yet.”

Chae Rin walked back to her bed and soon I heard snoring coming from her side so I knew she was asleep. I took off my shoes before clambering into bed. I laid there, snuggled up in my sheets waiting for myself to slowly fall asleep.

****

“WAKE UP!” I heard a scream. My eyes shot open to see a fully dressed Chae Rin. Her hair was straightened, she had on plain jeans and a tee shirt with flats.

“What’s going on?” I said sleepily.

“The meeting starts in a few hours so I need you there with me,” She began pulling me so I could sit up.

“Fine I’m up I’m up!” I said as I slowly stood up and walked toward my suitcase. I pulled out a nice sun dress that could fit over my round stomach and a pair of flats. I sat on the bed as Chae Rin began brushing my hair.

“You look nice,” She said as she turned me to the mirror.

I looked at myself and smiled, I almost look like how I was two years except for the burning emptiness in my eyes and the current reminder of my past. Chae Rin pulled me up and we were out of the door going towards the meeting hall.

As we passed Jonghyun’s room I could smell the strong scent of him lingering around the door, taunting me on what isn’t mine anymore. We were rushed into the car since we were running late and drove towards the meeting hall.

“I’m sorry Ana but it turns out they want Alphas, Lunas and Betas in the meeting room,” She frowned.

I thought about facing Jonghyun and it scared me. How would he react to me running away? How would he treat me? Does he still fell that spark when he looks at me?

Well, it’s now or never.