Chapter 15

Rejected Mate

“Ana you don’t understand pain like the way I’m feeling it right now!” Chae Rin screamed at me as she clutched her head in pain and squirmed on the hospital bed.

It took us twenty minutes to calm her down but she was starting back up again

“Chae Rin please calm down please I can’t watch you like this,” I pleaded with her.

She looked in pain, she was hurting and I couldn’t bear seeing her like this.

“Ana an Alpha’s connection with their pack is strong. I can feel them in my mind, their screams, their pain, and their agony. It was terrible. I had the worst headache imaginable. It was pain beyond pain and I just couldn’t deal with it, he killed them all,” Chae Rin cried out.

I felt sorry for her and I felt horrible. She wanted to make the pack better, to release it from Kris’s rule but they all ended up dead. She has been crying ever since she woke up and healed. She never told me why she cried, I assumed it was because her pack members were dead.

“Give me the baby while you take care of your friend,” Jonghyun whispered in my ear.

I shivered from the touch of his breath and did as he was told. He walked out of the room with Jang Mi and left me and Chae Rin alone. I walked over to Chae Rin and sat down on the bed next to her, “He’s so lost,” she finally said over her sniffling.

“What do you mean?” I asked as I patted her back.

“We were so close, inseparable. Nothing could come between our sibling bonds. But it’s like soon we started drifting away and I sensed it, he became darker and angrier and I couldn’t tell why. During the attack he was the one who attacked me, he could have finished me off but he didn’t he just walked away. I know there is still some good in him,” she explained.

The way she spoke, you could hear the disappointment and sadness in her tone and it affected me a lot.

“Your brother came in here to visit me a lot,” she said after a moment of silence.

“What did you do?” I asked curiously.

“I rejected him, it hurt me a little but I didn’t care. He had the same look on his face that you had when I first saw you. Misery, sadness, depression. I want him to feel the way you feel because if he can abuse his sister the way he did then who knows maybe he could do the same to me,” she said as her shaken hand was placed in mine.

“I can’t tell you how to deal with your own relationship since mine is messed up but make sure you’re doing the right thing,” I smiled.

She nodded and laid her head on the pillow, I got up and draped the blanket over her and walked out the door.

As I walked out I noticed Jonghyun holding Jang Mi and my father was talking to him. Both of their attention directed onto me but I chose to ignore my father. He was no father to me.

“Ana I set up a room for you and Jang Mi to stay in. It’s already furnished so you can make yourself at home,” Jonghyun said as he handed me Jang Mi.

“I am a grandfather?” I heard my father ask.

I turned around to look at him as tears stung my eyes.

“You and mother are not grandparents. You are not my father, you disowned me so therefore I also disown you two. I don’t want anything to do with the three of you and I don’t want you to be in Jang Mi’s life. You will be known as just pack members to her.” I turned around and looked at Jonghyun.

He nodded at me and led me away from my father. I can admit that I am an emotional person, I cry when I am really upset, I try to be strong but it’s hard after what everyone has done to me.

We walked out of the hospital and outside to the pack house. I noticed people staring at us which made me fearful of what they would say or possibly do.

“No one is touching you Ana and I’ll make sure of that,” Jonghyun growled.

I nodded my head and continued following Jonghyun to the pack house. We walked past quite a few pack members who whispered to each other. I kept my head low and close to Jonghyun. Finally as we reached the second floor we walked into a spacious room. It was a beige colour. It had a king size bed with a white crib next to it for Jang Mi. The furniture was black and it had its own private bathroom.

“Thank you Jonghyun,” I said to him as I looked up at him but he was staring off at something else on the dresser, I noticed as he was staring he didn’t have a mark on his neck.

“You didn’t let Naeun mark you?” I asked.

He looked over at me and shook his head.

“My wolf wouldn’t allow it. He almost killed her for trying so we left it alone,” He said looking away.

I looked at what he was looking at and noticed he was staring at a picture of Jinki, him and I.

“Did you put this in here?” I asked as I walked over to it and picked it up.

It was the same one I have been keeping for all these years, both identical twins, grey eyes, black hair. The only way you could tell the difference between the boys was their personalities. Jinki was always the outgoing and friendly twin. Jonghyun liked to hang out with a close circle was the quiet one with a few anger problems but was always smiling and happy and funny around us until Jinki and his relationship began falling and I didn’t even notice it was over me.

“Ana, what are you thinking?” Jonghyun asked me as he placed a hand on my back. I shivered from the electricity from contact.

“I never realized that I was the cause of your failing relationship. I don’t just blame you for this I blame both of you for not coming to me and talking to me,” I said as I shook my head.

“I wanted to talk to you, I really did, but I was scared you were going to act the same way Jinki acted. Call me a liar, jealous and things like that and reject me.” He said sadly.

“But you ended up rejecting me years later.”

“I was angry. If you and Jinki weren’t so close, if you didn’t love each other, if you loved me more, if you went on that walk with me instead of him he would still be alive. Those hurtful words that still haunt me wouldn’t have been the last thing I said to him,” he sat on the bed with hands on his face. He did that a lot when he was upset.

I didn’t know what to do, we both were hurting because of each other. We both did something wrong to each other and both asking a bunch of what if questions. We went down this road that’s under construction and there’s nothing left to do except turn around and keep hurting each other more or fix the road while we drive down it. No doubt there are reasons why people fall in love.

Humans have mates, the connection isn’t as strong but they feel it, sometimes they mess up or fall for the wrong people but those people are only detours. The person you are meant to be with is your final destination. Wolves have mates and the connection is strong, the moon goddess makes no mistake in her pairing and does all she can to keep you together but you control how your road will end up.