Chapter 12

Rejected Mate

A/N: Hello my lovely readers! I would like you to say hi to my new co-author HeavyRayn. She will be helping me in editting the chapters. And also, Rejected Mate have a new poster now and is almost reaching 100 subbies! I am so happy to see the number of views and subbies increase everytime I post a chapter. Please continue to leave lovely comments for me to read. Although I don't reply to everyone but I do read all of the comments you guys write. So thank you so much and I love you! Hope you enjoy this chapter ^^

 

We were rushing back to the pack as fast as we could. Fear bubbled in my stomach, sweat beaded my forehead. I was beyond scared. I was terrified.

Chae Rin got a call from one of the pack members, apparently some of the members enjoyed Kris’s way of running a pack so they broke him out of his cell and now he has escaped. I was terrified, not for myself but for my unborn child. I don’t want him seeing her ever. After what he put me through, I don’t want my daughter to experience that.

We rushed out of the car and raced into the pack house greeted by Suho pacing back and forth with Min staring at him nervously.

“He took most of our powerful warriors, they just ran off with him. I don’t know what he’s planning next. He may be the worst but he is powerful,” Suho said as he continued to pace.

“We can’t let him attack the pack if he comes back, we are vulnerable and I can’t let that happen,” Chae Rin said angrily.

I would have been concerned with the problem that Kris escaped but I was more so concerned with painful cramping happening in my lower abdomen. I sat down on the couch as the cramping became worse, I closed my eyes tight as the pain wouldn’t go away.

“Ana what’s wrong?” Chae Rin asked me with concern laced in her voice.

“I don’t know I’m having really bad stomach pains,” I cried out as it worsened.

Min and Chae Rin went to help me up off the couch.                  

“Come on let’s take you to the room to lay down,” Chae Rin said calmly.

“No, she needs a hospital! I think her water just broke,” Min said shocked.

I looked down at the couch and noticed a wet spot where I was sitting.

I was in labour.

****

I screamed as the pain increased when the pack doctor told me to push. I gripped onto Chae Rin’s hand. I was in the doctors for almost six hours and nothing was happening until now.

“Come on Ana just a few more strong pushes!” The doctor said.

I pushed as hard as I could. I was sweating profusely and in pain. No matter what creature you are, human, werewolf, vampire, faerie, child birth hurts no matter what.

“One more good push,” The doctor said.

I pushed as hard as I could until I heard little cries filling the room. I panted as the nursed rushed over to clean the baby.

“I’m an aunt!” Chae Rin said as she grabbed her swelling hand, “And I think you broke a finger,” she muttered.

The nurse smiled and brought over my child, “It’s a healthy baby girl,” I smiled from ear to ear as I looked down at my baby

She was very pale put her cheeks are flushed pink. I’m surprised she wasn’t transparent. She was staring up at me with a blank expression on her face.

“Ana, the nurse has to take the baby so you can get cleaned up,” Chae Rin said as she walked over.

“Who cut the cord?” I asked.

I wasn’t paying attention, I was in too much pain and crying.

“I did,” Chae Rin said as she looked nauseous.

“That’s nice of you, even though you aren’t related,” I smiled weakly as sleep began to overtake my body.

The nurse came to scoop up my baby as my eyes drooped and finally sleep took over.

“Wake up!!!” I heard a scream.

I bolted up but felt small pain in my lower abdomen. I ignored it and looked around for my child and noticed Chae Rin holding her.

A smirk formed on Chae Rin’s face, “Sorry but you forgot to name her.”

I sighed and laid back in the hospital bed, “I’m not very good at baby names,” I said.

Well she looks like a Rose with her pink cheeks. So name her Jang Mi,” She smiled down at the baby.

“Choi Jang Mi,” I said proudly.

Jang Mi. My beautiful baby girl.

****

The pack doctor let me out a few days later, bringing my bundle of joy to the pack house.

“Aww look at her she is so adorable! Suho I want pups.” Mia pouted.

Suho laughed and walked up to her as he held her waist and kissed her cheek. He whispered something into her ear that made her turn red and turn around to hide in his chest

I sighed. I wish I could do that with my mate, feel his hands wrap around my waist as I press into his chest, surrounded by his calming, relaxing smell. But my situation is different. We crave for each other’s company but we’ve made mistakes we can’t take back.

Jang Mi began crying in my arms so I began walking towards my room trying to calm her down. When I reached the room I laid down on my back with Jang Mi laying down on my stomach as I caressed her head.

She balled her little fist up and kicked her legs continuously as I her head, this felt right, well almost right. Me laying down in bed with a healthy child, all I needed was someone who loved me laying right next to me whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

I secured a blue blanket in the middle of the bed for Jang Mi so she could lay down.  I placed her on the bed as she continuously smacked at my face with her tiny fist.

I laid down next to her and wrapped an arm around her to make sure she was secure. I soon felt myself drifting off into blissful dreams as Jang Mi tried picking up her head.

I woke up to a boom sound that came from outside that made Jang Mi cry. Mia rushed into my room with fear in her eyes.

“Ana I don’t know what’s happening, I think we are under attack, a bunch of wolves killed our patrol and are invading the territory.” Min said with fear laced in her tone.

I picked up Jang Mi and handed Min the blanket as I placed Jang Mi in the blanket. She began wailing and crying as she left the comfort of my arms and it saddened me.

“Please protect my daughter, I will be back to come get her.” Min nodded and I ran out the door.

As much as I wanted to protect my child at all cost, I was also the Beta of this pack and I need to protect it. I ran outside and noticed women and children running around screaming, some getting ripped to shreds and wolves fighting everywhere.

“Chae Rin my wolf, please give me strength to protect my daughter.” I asked my wolf.

I heard her snapping and growling and felt my bows shifting and arranging. It wasn’t as painful as my first shift but it still stung. Midnight black fur began sprouting out and I got down on all fours.

I looked down at myself and noticed I had grey paws that made it look like I had little socks on. Just as I was admiring my wolf, something hard slammed into my side causing me to fall down. I whimpered and looked up to see a grey wolf snapping at me.

The fight has begun.