Chapter 14

Rejected Mate

In my time at the hospital Jonghyun had been trying to persuade me to leave, but I promptly refused.  Even so, when I asked, all  the things that I needed were delivered by Jonghyun, and only by Jonghyun. He had even stayed by my side the whole time I was in the hospital.

I knew his wolf had something to do with it. My wolf was happy to have our mate by our side and never wanted to let him go, him being an alpha, I knew his emotions were stronger.

Whenever I fell asleep he would take Jang Mi from me and care for her. It was a big thing for him because I sensed his wolf didn’t like Jang Mi. As I walked around the room singing to my daughter, I heard yelling outside the room.

“What is she still doing in there?!”

“She is staying here, she’s my mate.”

“No she is not staying here, I don’t care if she is your mate she killed our Jinki!”

“If she leaves again I will die! You always favoured Jinki Hyung more and it pissed me the off! You were going to make him Alpha instead of me!”

“That’s not tr-“

“I don’t want to hear that bull! When she comes out that room, if anyone even looks at her wrong they will have to go through me! I’m tired! I’ve ed up badly and you’re not going to make it worse!”

I stepped away from the door and sat on the bed. Soon Jonghyun came in and slammed the door shut. He looked up at me with dark eyes as he growled and advanced toward me. The way he looked at me reminded me of Kris, the way he looked angry, the way he growled at me. Memories of my time with Kris started flooding back into my mind, and panic gripped my heart, before I knew it, I had opened my mouth and my screams started to fill the room.

“Ana no no please stop I’m sorry!” Jonghyun quickly said as he walked over to calm me and Jang Mi down.

His words snapped me out of and I stopped screaming, but my eyes were still tearing up, because the fact that i couldn’t even trust my mate to not hurt me, was a shame.

Jonghyun looked into my eyes and growled as he stood up and rubbed his face with his hands as he paced back and forward, “It’s like I make worse,” I heard him growl.

“Jonghyun I’m sorry but the way you approached me reminded me of Kris,” I whispered.

He looked down at me and sighed, “What happened to Kris, was he executed?” He asked as he sat next to me.

“He escaped from our cells and attacked our pack which is why Chae Rin and I were injured,” I said quietly.

I looked up into Jonghyun’s eyes and all I saw was fury in his eyes. He immediately got up and punched the wall making a giant hole.

“I will ing kill him for what he did, I want his death to be slow and painful,” he said as he pulled on his hair.

“Jonghyun please calm down,” I said.

He looked at me with black eyes. His wolf was upset that he was still alive and he didn’t pay for what he did to his mate.

I didn’t know what to do, he was upset and his wolf was surfacing. Alpha wolves are very protective of their mates, they will go against their humans just to be with their mates.

I decided to do the only thing I could do.

I walked up to him with Jang Mi in my hands. I placed one hand on his cheek and felt the electricity flow through my arm.  He was way taller than me so I reached up on my tippy toes and placed my lips upon his. I felt an electric shock course through my body as our flesh touched. He immediately responded as he deepened the kiss. One hand travelled to the back of my neck as the other held my face in place.

Before it could get any deeper I heard a squeal come from Jang Mi. As much as I didn’t want to let go and stay like this forever, I pulled away to tend to Jang Mi.

I heard Jonghyun sigh in disappointment, which made me think that the kiss was wasn’t good, and my heart sank, “Was that not good enough? Am I not as good as my cousin?” I said sadly.

“I don’t even touch Naeun! I barely touch her and when I do it’s merely a peck on the lips. Even after she and I started dating, I didn’t want to touch her so she would go out and cheat on me. When my parents forced me to mark her because she seemed like a responsible Luna, my wolf rejected me and has hated me ever since. I always have the feeling of guilt when I hear you,” he said sadly.

“When you hear me?”

“Just because I rejected you doesn’t mean we don’t have a connection, occasionally I would hear your laughter and your beautiful voice in my head. All I wanted was to be the reason for that laughter,” he said as he clenched his fist.

I walked up to him and caressed his face, “Jonghyun I see you’re trying, I really do and I’m sorry about coming between you and your brother but you should of talked to me instead of cutting me off, you knew I didn’t kill him but you hurt me emotionally and you rejected me. I just can’t get over that,” I said as I lowered my hand.

I loved the way his skin felt against mine, the electricity behind it. My heart and wolf loved him but I just couldn’t get over what he done yet.

“I understand, I really do and I know I ed up,” he said.

His body got stuff and he looked straight away for a moment, I didn’t know what he was doing but then I realized he must be mind-linking someone.

“I think we better go check on Alpha Chae Rin. She’s having a tantrum in her room,” Jonghyun said sternly.

I nodded my head. I didn’t want to step out the room but I had to comfort my friend. She was upset and I was the one that had to be there for her.