Chapter 5

Rejected Mate

“So we’re currently in the pack house. This is where the Alpha, lone wolves and some other people live,” She explained as she walked down the hallway blowing cigarette smoke around us. As she talked, I noticed the gash on her hip. It looked fresh.

“What happened to your hip?” I asked quietly.

She froze on the spot and slowly turned to glare at me. Soon that glare turned into a smile which made me confused.

“Something tells me you’ll find out what happens around here soon,” she said, taking in a long drawl of her cigarette.

She reached for her back pocket as her phone began ringing.

“Hello? Hey...nothing why? Are you ok? If he finds out we’re both dead...yeah I guess so....I love you too babe...bye,” she hung up the phone and placed it back in her pocket.

“Come on you got to go back to the Alpha’s bedroom,” she grabbed my hand and guided me back to the room I woke up in.

I was beginning to wonder who was on the other end of that phone. Was it a boyfriend? It sounded like it. Then why was she in a hurry?

“Just wait in here until I get back,” she motioned for me to stay.

I nodded my head and sat down on the bed. As she slammed the door shut I pondered on what I should do next. There wasn’t anything for me to do. Nothing needed to be cleaned and I don’t need to cook. Hours passed and neither Chae Rin nor Alpha Kris returned. There was an odd amount of yelling and screaming going on beyond the room. I wanted to go outside and observe but I was too scared to open the door. So instead, I pressed my ear against the door and listened intently.

“I thought I told you to stop seeing him?!” I heard a growl.

“You can’t tell me what to do!” It sounded like Chae Rin.

Then, there was a smack followed by sounds of someone crying.

“I will tell you whatever the I want, I’m your brother and Alpha and I won’t hesitate from punishing you,” he yelled, eyes hot with rage like a blazing fire.

Before I could get a chance to react, the door was forced open and slammed into my face, causing me to fall hard to the ground. Kris walked into the room and immediately punched the wall next to the entrance. He completely ignored me and swiveled to punch the mirror. He turned to me with a menacing look on his face. His eyes were jet black, his face was red with anger and he looked like he could kill someone.

I began inching away from him holding my nose. He advanced towards me and grabbed me by my hair. I screamed and clawed at his hand. He pulled me to the bed and released me from his grip. I crawled away from him as far as possible. He sat down on the bed and looked down at his lap.

“I don’t tolerate disrespect from anyone. Not even my mate,” he spoke as if his voice came from the deepest part of his throat, shaking my inner core as he spoke.

Even if I wanted to speak, I didn’t do it, knowing nothing I could say would take his anger away, or save me from it.

“She didn’t like the things I do in my pack. She tried to come in and change things but I couldn’t allow that so she rejected me,” he said sadly.

“What happened to her?” I asked quietly, finally able to gather voice, but afraid to hear what he had to say.

He looked up at me with black eyes.

“My wolf couldn’t tolerate the disregard so he killed her,” He crept towards me and grabbed my hands “Now no one can stop me from getting what I want.”

After he said that, I knew what was coming, but no one could prepare me for the way he roughly pulled me onto the bed and started roughly yanking his hands up my shirt, “No, please! I don’t want this!” I screamed to no avail, he wouldn’t listen and I was too weak for an alpha, too weak to defend myself.

Though I couldn’t just let him take me without a fight, and with a sudden rush of adrenaline, I kicked him where it hurt the most. He groaned in pain and rolled off of me, so I took my chance to escape, but fell short at the door when he gathered his strength and grabbed me. Before I knew it, Alpha Kris grabbed me and slammed my head against the wall knocking me out cold.

****

 

I woke up in the same bed as I did yesterday with a headache and a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I slowly began to collect my memory from last night and my eyes widened.

I was under the covers. Tears began to form in my eyes as reality hit me hard. He knocked me out and took advantage of me. I sobbed, clutching myself and rolling into a ball. Imagine the pain I just put my mate through. I had broken the promise to remain celibate for my mate. I searched for my clothes scattered across the room and tried putting them on. Before I did I looked at myself in the broken mirror. Bruises and cuts covered my body, my eyes were puffy and red, I had a few bald spots from the Alpha pulling on my hair so hard. I looked so weak and useless.

“Aren’t you supposed to heal me?” I pleaded out to my wolf.

“I’m sorry but we’re weak and I can’t do much about it,” she whined.

As I finished dressing, the door opened revealing Alpha Kris. I rushed into the corner, ignoring the pain from my sudden movement. He growled, walking towards me.

“Please leave me alone, I don’t want this!” I cried out.

He growled louder and looked at me with angry eyes.

“Are you telling me what to do? I do whatever the hell I want and no one can do about it.”

As soon as he raised his hand, there was a call from the other side of the door.

“Alpha! We managed to capture and secure them! They’re outside the centre square!” A voice shouted.

Alpha Kris smirked at me.

“I’m going to show you what happens when you disobey me.” He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me.

Screams echoed through the hallways as he continued to pull me by my hair until we reached outside. I thought leaving my old pack would be good for me but it seems like where ever I go there is nothing more than hell for me. I don’t think I can handle much more of this. I just can’t.