Chapter 7

Rejected Mate

Living here had been hell. The only person I have been able to talk to is Chae Rin but she had been depressed over the death of the beta. I stay in her room most of the time but occasionally Kris would come in, drag me out and then just beat me for no reason. I learned that his father didn’t find him good enough to be the new alpha of the pack and Kris didn’t like that. He was called cold and ruthless so he killed his parents in order to become Alpha of the pack. I would have stayed in my old pack if I knew this was my future. I’ve been thinking lately about Jonghyun and it seems as though whenever I did my wolf would howl in pain and bury herself in the back of my mind.

I thought having a wolf would make me stronger but being away from Jonghyun and getting beat everyday has been taking a toll on me. I been getting skinnier as the days pass by.

“Ana?” I heard Chae Rin called out on the other side of Kris’s door.

I was balled up in his bed, and crying my eyes out.

Chae Rin walked over and started rubbing my back, “Ana I can’t take it, seeing him abuse you, hearing you scream out for him to stop. It’s been getting worse every day,”

“I wasn’t crying for myself, I was crying for Jonghyun. They say once you find your mate there will be a strong connection between the two. I didn’t have the courage to accept his rejection so we still have that connection and I know he can feel it whenever Kris takes advantage of me.”

“Ana what hurts?” She asked.

“Chae Rin I’m used to the pain I’m crying for my mate. I’m giving him all this pain but not once have I felt the pain of him having with someone.”  I cried out.

“Wow he’s faithful,” I heard Chae Rin mutter.

“I feel horrible,” I muttered.

Chae Rin then got up and handed me some clothes to wear.

“Come to my room when you’re dressed,” She said as she walked out the door.

I slowly got up from the bed and began dressing myself in the clothes Chae Rin brought me and made my way to her room. Her door was open but I knocked once just to make myself known. Chae Rin pulled me into her room and slammed the door shut. She pushed me over to her bed and sat me down.

“Ana we need to get rid of Kris,” She said seriously

“We can’t. He is a strong alpha-“

“I have alpha blood in me too and didn’t you say your father was a beta?” I nodded my head.

“We can go against him, beat him into submission then kill him,” She said.

“But I’m growing weak every day. I don’t think I can do it,” I sighed.

“Leave that to me, we will act sometime after the full moon,” she said satisfied.

Full moon....mating....heat.

“No no no no Chae Rin we have to act before the full moon!” I pleaded.

“Ana we can’t. That’s like only a few days away,” she shook her head.

“Once a wolf finds their mate but have not completed the process, they go through heat every full moon. I’ll be three times more likely to get pregnant. Please don’t do this to me,” I pleaded and begged, “I don’t want to bare the child of Kris but I wouldn’t want to get rid of it because it is a part of life. It’s just not fair for the unborn child.”

Chae Rin hesitated but then nodded. “I’ll see what I can do,” she got up and walked towards the door, “I need to go talk to some people, I’ll bring up some food when I come back,” she said as she slammed the door shut.

I walked around her room but tripped over something stick out from under her bed. I pulled it out and noticed a dusty black box. I opened it up and was surprised to see a bunch of family photos. There were pictures of Kris and Chae Rin running around as little kids chasing each other. There were some with what I was assuming their mother and father, they all looked happy. Kris looked normal and cheerful.

“I just wanted to know what happened,” I unconsciously said out loud.

“No one knows what happened,” I heard a voice in the room.

I jumped up to see a young man, few years older than me with dark brown hair and hazel eyes.

“I’m not going hurt you, Chae Rin just wanted me to send this food up to you,” He placed a tray of five sandwiches, a soda and a giant bowl of strawberries in front of me.

I immediately started eating the food.

“Alpha hasn’t been feeding you much has he?” He asked.

I shook my head and continued biting into the sandwich.

“I’m Joon Myun by the way, but you can call me Suho. I’m the Delta,” he said as he held out his hand.

I immediately stopped eating and looked at him with fear.

“Just because I’m third in command doesn’t mean I’m evil. No one knows why Alpha turned out the way he is but he is our alpha and we have to obey him. I know the pack doesn’t like the way he leads and I want to protect the ones that he abuses, but I seemed to be very bad at protecting people,” Suho sighed.

I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder, “It’s alright. There is only so much you can do. The Alpha is a powerful man, don’t blame yourself for anything,” I said with a smile.

He looked up at me and smiled, “Why are you even here? You’re a beautiful girl, you seem smart and understanding. Do you have a mate?” He asked.

I removed my hand and slumped on the bed, “My mate rejected me,” I said silently.

“Well then he made a big mistake,” Suho said.

If only Jonghyun actually thought that.