Chapter 18

Rejected Mate

“You guys did what?” Chae Rin asked in astonishment.

I had decided to visit her with Jang Mi since she had been asking about me for a while. She was currently holding Jang Mi and playing with her while I told her what happened earlier.

“So he just left?” She asked.

“Well he said they say the ones you love the most, you hurt the worst and then he just left,” I sighed,I was so confused by his words and actions but they truly did speak to me.

“Damn I want your mate,” I heard her mutter.

“Speaking of mates, have you talked to Gi Tae?” I asked.

“Does yelling at him and calling him a ing idiot count as talking?” Chae Rin asked while I shake my head in disagreement.

“Then no I haven’t talked to him,” She said coldly.

“Chae Rin why are you being so immature?” I asked impatiently.

“Yup that’s me, Chae Rin, the immature little head who won’t accept her mate because he had a reputation of beating the out of his own blood but that doesn’t matter cause he won’t beat on me right?!” She yelled at the top of her lungs which caused Jang Mi to start crying.

I quickly grabbed Jang Mi from Chae Rin and scolded her, “There was no need for shouting Chae Rin,” I said annoyed.

She rubbed her face with her hands and groaned, “Sorry I just feel a little hollow rejecting him,” she spoke with a sad air around her, even though I could tell she was firm in her rejection, I could still see it was affecting her heart greatly.

Something clicked in my head that I never thought about before until now, “It seems like you have a thing for betas,” she looked at me with a confused expression and then it clicked in her head.

She sighed, “I just thought back then that he was the one. He helped me through the death of my parents, he was there to keep Kris from beating on me and he just comforted me. We both began to fall for each other and had forbidden attractions for each other.”

“Why forbidden?” I asked.

“Well Kris never wanted me to find my mate anyway but he never told me why.”

“Well – “

Before I could finish there was shouting coming from behind the hospital room door, “Chae Rin could you hold Jang Mi?” I asked.

She nodded as I handed her the child. I cautiously walked toward the door and listened to who was behind it.

“This is bull I’m the alpha of this pack.”

“She does not deserve to be a member of this pack. She will either become rogue or we will have a hearing with the council.”

“But she is my mate and she didn’t do anything.”

“She killed our Jinki, I won’t allow her back in this pack without consequences.”

“You’re such a ing idiot! Why would your own best friend’s daughter kill someone she loved?”

“You will respect me as your father!”

“I have no respect for you.”

There was a long silence. I wasn’t sure if they left until I heard the Alpha speak.

“I will schedule an appointment with the council and they will discuss,” I heard footsteps so I assumed that someone was walking away.

They were going to put me on trial for something I didn’t do. It seemed all too sudden and all too late how on earth wasn’t I put on trial before when I had nothing to live for? When death would have been an option that I didn’t care about? Now that I had my daughter I couldn’t leave her, It broke my heart just thinking about it.

“Chae Rin could you watch Jang Mi for a moment, I’ll be right back,” I said.

“Aunty and niece time!” Chae Rin exclaimed as she cuddled Jang Mi.

I smiled as I walked out the door and headed for the pack house. I was cautious about walking by myself because I knew most of the pack members didn’t like me but I had to find Jonghyun. I walked out of the hospital and onto the pack grounds. People watched me cautiously as if they didn’t trust me. I walked with my head down in shame as I quickly walked towards the pack house.

Without looking, I bumped into something causing me to stumble back. I looked up to see my brother rubbing his head. I tried to walk away from him but he grabbed my arm and looked at me with a pleading look.

“Ana you can’t ignore me forever,” his voice sounded shaky and in distress like his appearance.

He had purple bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, his hair was unkempt and tangled and his skin seemed paler than before.

“Oh my gosh, what is happening to you?” I gasped as I placed my hand over my mouth.

“It’s your friend, she’s draining all I have from that rejection. I feel like my soul has been crushed and she won’t even talk to me. Please, Ana, I’m sorry. I can’t live with the guilt and now this.” his eyes were filled with guilt and sorrow.

Good. I wanted him to feel what I felt whenever he hit me, whenever he punished me.

“Now you know what I’ve been feeling for the past two years,” I said disgustedly.

“How can you forgive your mate Jonghyun so easily but not me, your brother?” He asked angrily.

I turned around and yanked my arm out of his grip, “Because unlike you, he’s trying,” I said as I began walking up the steps.

I walked straight toward Jonghyun’s room. Before I could even knock on the door I heard a faint ‘come in.’

I walked in and my nose was hit with Jonghyun’s scent. I noticed him lying down on his back on the bed.

“How did he know I was at the door?” I asked.

“Your scent was seeping into the room so I knew you’re near,” he chuckled.

“Oh,” was all I said.

I walked toward the bed and surprisingly laid down next to him. I felt his body tense up at my actions but relaxed once I placed my hand on his chest, “I heard what you were talking about with the Alpha,” I said quietly.

“Ana I will make sure nothing bad happens to you, I will be by your side no matter what,” he said as he rolled over to his side to look at me.

I nodded my head and looked into his eyes.

“Ana remember when we were ten and we played truth or dare with me, you, Jinki and 2 other kids?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yeah, of course, I remember that. I couldn’t forget because I had my first kiss that day and it’s from you.” I smiled.

“Well, that was the day I started falling for you and I couldn’t stop thinking about you.” He said.

The look in his eyes showed love for me and only me.

“Why can’t other guys be like you?” I giggled.

He scrunched up his eyebrows and frowned.

“Don’t worry about other guys, I’m different and you should enjoy that.”

“Alright fine sorry grumpy,” I giggled.

“So you said I was your first kiss?” He smirked as he wrapped his arm around my waist bringing us closer.

“Yeah. And I was only like ten,” I rolled my eyes.

“I want it to stay like that then.” He kissed the tip of my nose sending shivers throughout my body.

“But I was-“

“I’ll be the first one to mate with you and you actually like it.” He growled cutting me off.

“So did you and Naeun… You know… mate?” I asked quietly.

I was scared of the answer and I didn’t want it to be what I thought it was.

“Ana, I’ve told you before, I’ve never touch her ually and I never will. Marking was more painful than it usually is. I wouldn’t want her to be my first anyway,” he muttered the last part but I caught every word.

I sat up from the bed and smiled down at him.

“Wait so you’re a ?” I asked excitedly.

His face began turning bright red as he sat up and looked away from me. He began rubbing his face in embarrassment and stood up, “Forget I ever said that,” he quickly said.

“No that’s not something I can forget. That’s actually adorable,” I smiled.

I adored him even more for that. Most make wolves lost their ity before they met their mates but apparently not Jonghyun. Even after he rejected me he stayed loyal and never touched another she-wolf.

“I was never really worried about that like most guys I was more so interested in other things, specifically a person,” he said.

Now it was my turn to blush. I wonder what would've happened if he confessed his feelings right from the start.

“Do you want to walk with them to go pick up Jang Mi from the hospital?” I asked quietly.

“Why is she in the hospital? Is she alright? Do you need – “

“Jonghyun calm down she is fine Chae Rin just wanted to spend time with her,” I smiled.

I knew he was going to make a great father someday and it made me proud. Just not at this very moment.  We walked out of the room together and walked toward the hospital. I noticed Jonghyun kept trying to grab my hand but I kept pushing it away.

After a few minutes of doing Jonghyun growled and looked at me.

“Why do you keep pushing my hand away?” He asked annoyed.

“Jonghyun I still haven’t forgiven you completely and you already marked someone. I don’t want people to think I’m the new pack or something. They already think low of me,” I lowered my head in shame.

“Ana, I want to take you on a date,” he said.

I looked up at him in confusion as we entered the hospital.

“What?”

“I want to take you on a date. Just you and me,” he said.

“Jonghyun I don’t want to do anything while Naeun still holds your mark like a trophy,” I said.

He sighed in annoyance and takes his hands through his hair. We entered Chae Rin’s room and noticed her tickling Jang Mi’s stomach.

‘Well, do you know if Naeun has found her mate yet?” She asked as we entered.

“How did you know – “

“I have alpha blood in me and you guys are loud as hell,” she smirked.

“I could ask if she found her mate but why does that matter?” Jonghyun asked.

“If her true mate marks her on the full moon then the moon goddess will allow her to keep her true mark and the other mark will fade away,” ,he explained.

“How do you know this?” I asked

“Kris accidentally marked another girl one time and his mate got mad at him before he killed her,”she shrugged.

“I could force that out of her if that helps,” Jonghyun shrugged.

“Another alternative place some sort of heated silver on the mark until it burns deep enough, Jonghyun will feel some excruciating pain and this Naeun girl could possibly die,” Chae Rin said.

“We can consider that,” Jonghyun said surprisingly.

I looked at him in shock to see if he was kidding but he was serious.

“No, we will not consider that Jonghyun! I don’t really like her but she is my cousin and she is a living being. I’m not gonna kill someone just for a mark to go away,” I said loudly.

“But I would kill for you,” he said darkly.

 

A/N: Hello again my beautiful readers! I am finally updating after being on hiatus for months. I will not disappoint you guys because Rejected Mate will get more exciting from now on. Lots of action will be included and of course romance from Jonghyun and Ana.  So look forward to the following chapters and thank you for supporting me. Love all of you so much!!! ^^