Chapter 16

Rejected Mate

Jonghyun’s POV

I watched as she cuddled into Jinki’s chest on the couch. His arm wrapped around her waist knowing that she belonged to me not him. That smile and love struck face should be my doing not his. I took a deep breath and walked into the living area. Ana noticed I walked in and jumped up to give a hug.

“Hey Jonghyun where have you been I thought you forgot about me,” she pouted then smiled.

I loved when she smiled, her whole face would light up and bring a smile to anyone’s face. Her baby brown eyes were filled with joy, dimples clear in her cheeks, long curly black hair down to her waist, but she wasn’t mine to have, not yet.

“I could never forget about you know could?” I grinned down at her.

I looked over at Jinki who was frowning at me, “Actually I came down here to talk to Jinki,” I said with a stern expression on my face.

He got up from the couch and grabbed onto Ana’s waist and kissed her on the cheek. I balled my hands into fist and tried to control my anger.

“I’ll be back babe, wait up for me,” He said as he patted her .

I turned away because I couldn’t watch, he was being an and he knew it.

“Alright man,” Jinki patted my shoulder.

We walked into the hallway, just as soon as we were out of Ana’s sight and earshot I grabbed Jinki and slammed him against the wall.

“What did I ing tell you?!” I hissed at him as I gripped his shirt.

Well I don’t ing believe you! You’re just jealous and you’re a liar. You’re just mad that she’s giving me more attention than you so you’re making up excuses,” He hissed back as he pushed me off of him.

“I’m jealous because she is my mate, Jinki I can feel the connection, you should know that alphas have strong senses and connections. You just don’t want to listen and be ing ignorant. I don’t want you touching her or dating her anymore,” I growled.

“I can do whatever the hell I want to her, she is my girlfriend and she isn’t your mate. You’re just being stupid and you’re mad everyone likes me better. I’m fun, charming, friendly and way better than you. Mom and dad are even going to make me alpha of the pack. You’re just angry all the time, annoyed and keep all your emotions to yourself. You’re the least likeable twin,” Jinki smirked.

“You’re a you know that right? I don’t know what she sees in you anymore. You don’t listen. No you’re conceited,” I growled.

 

 

Yes my brother was sometimes very conceited but I will agree that he is the more likable twin. But he didn’t have to rub it in my face.

“Whatever she sees in me, it’s not in you, you bastard.” he growled at me.

He’s been having my blood boil and my tolerance at the max. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“I swear I ing hate you and I wish I never had a twin,“ I spat at him.

He looked at me with shock and hurt all over his face, “You don’t mean that do you?” He whispered.

“I do mean it, don’t ever talk to me again until you believe me,” I growled as I walked away.

Every word I said, I didn’t mean.

****

I woke up with a feeling of emptiness inside of me. I’ve been feeling like this for a while and I knew the reason why. Ana wasn’t by my side. I rubbed my hands against my face and sighed.

Hey baby you awake?” I looked over to see Naeun staring at me.

“What did I tell you about calling me that?” I growled as I got up and stretched.

“Why are you so mean to me? What have I done? Is it because of that ?” She snapped.

I held my fist to my side and began breathing heavily. My parents taught me never to hit a female even if they hit me and even though they are terrible people.

“You want to know what you’ve done? You’re a , I know what you’ve been doing when you leave the pack house to see your ‘friends’. You know what they say once a always a and if you disrespect my mate like that again then I won’t be so nice,” I growled in her face.

She scooted back with fear clear in her eyes. I knew she was afraid of me and I was fine with that. I didn’t even want her anyway.

“Your parents wouldn’t like you talking to your Luna like this,” She said quietly.

“You’re not the ing Luna of this pack!” I yelled in her face.

I stormed over to the closet and began putting on clothes to check on Ana. As I put my shirt on I walked out the bedroom and slammed the door shut.  Luckily Ana’s was only down the hall so I walked down and quietly entered the room.

Both Ana and Jang Mi were sound asleep in the room. I stepped into the room and closed the door. I walked over to Ana and bent down to look at her. She seemed so beautiful and peaceful when she was sleeping. She has this adorable face she makes when she slept and she twitched a little in her sleep. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead and watched as her entire body relaxed from my touch.

I walked over to Jang Mi’s crib and looked down at her. My wolf didn’t really like Jang Mi but I had to keep reminding him that it wasn’t her fault for what happened it was Kris’. Jang Mi had black hair and brown eyes like her mother. I noticed she had a heart shaped birthmark on her arm.

“I want to talk to you in your office,” My father mind-linked me.

I sighed and looked over at Ana, “I’ll make this all better I swear,” I whispered as I walked out the door.

I walked up to the third floor and entered my office to see my dad sitting on the desk.

“What is it now?”

“Were you just with her?” He asked me as he stood up.

He was a tall man with light brown hair. He had normal brown eyes but his face was always stern.

“Why does that matter?” I growled at him.

He walked over to me and looked down at me, “Do you not understand that she killed your brother? She doesn’t care about you,” He said sternly.

“Do you even hear yourself? That makes no sense, she loved him just as much as I did maybe more. The marks on his body were obviously wolf marks and teen werewolves don’t shift until they turn 18. Your logic makes no ing sense you just don’t have anyone to blame for your favourite son's death,” I said angrily.

“Jonghyun you don’t understand because she is your mate. She could have brought him outside that day on purpose and brought those rogues into our territory,” he shouted.

“She is the Beta’s daughter! She is your best friend’s daughter! She has no reason to betray the pack and you’re acting like a ing idiot!” I shouted.

“DON’T YOU DARE DISRESPECT YOU FATHER LIKE THAT!” He roared at me.

I walked out the door and slammed it shut. I noticed my mother outside with a fearful expression on her face. I never had a relationship with my father it was always Jinki. I was always closer to my mother, I was almost the exact replica of her. Her black hair, brown eyes but I had my father’s temper.

“Jonghyun please why can’t you just listen?” She said as she placed her hand on my cheek.

“Mum, no, you listen to me, all of these reasons don’t make sense. Why can’t you see that?” I sighed.

“Honey I have been thinking about that night every night and the reasons don’t make sense but you’re going back to have a hard time persuading your father. Jinki and he had a close bond,” she said softly.

“He was always your favourite,” I whispered.

“I – “She didn’t say anymore.

She knew I was right but she didn’t want to hurt my feelings. It was like life wasn’t on my side.

She walked away and left me there in my own thoughts. I noticed Gi Tae walking up to me with a disappointed expression on his face.

“Gi Tae?”

He looked up in shock as he bowed, “Hey Alpha, why are you up so early?” He asked me.

“I could ask you the same thing.”

“I couldn’t sleep, my wolf was howling in my mind, my heart has been aching so I tried to visit Chae Rin but whenever I try to talk to her she yells at me and tells me to get out, I don’t know what I did to her.”

“It’s not what you did to her it’s what you did to your sister. If you can beat on your own blood then who knows maybe you can beat on your mate. Chae Rin and Ana seem to be close so I’m not surprised if she told her everything,” I explained.

“I was just mad, I didn’t know what else to think and everyone was drilling it into my head that she did it and Jinki and I were close so I was just angry,” he sighed.

“That was a dumb mistake of you,” In defence of my mate I couldn’t take Gi Tae’s excuses, being angry didn’t mean that hitting her was okay in anyway.

“What about you? You cut all ties with her and believed that she killed your brother,” he said angrily.

“I never believed she killed my brother, none of the reasons made any sense. I cut ties with her because – “ I couldn’t finish the sentence.

I never told anyone else about Jinki and my feud.

“Because?”

I looked up at him and shook my head.

“Nothing, maybe I’ll get Ana to talk to her but first I have to fix my own relationship. I need to make things right,” he nodded his head and turned around.

Fix my own relationship, there was something that was going to be a challenge. Whenever I try to make things better, my anger or jealousy gets in the way and makes things worse. When I found out she left the pack I was angry, I didn’t know where she was and who she was with. I sent out search parties even when they tried to disagree. I felt pain almost every night, I cried in the bathroom every night because I didn’t know where she was. The only thing to muffle my cries was the shower.

She made me feel weak, vulnerable and I did the same to her with my rejection. I don’t know what I was thinking that night but I will do whatever I can to take it all back.