Chapter 4

Rejected Mate

I stretched my arms into the air and felt around, grasping at foreign silk covers.

I opened my eyes and shot up from the bed. I looked down at what I was laying on. It was a grand bed with red satin covers. I looked around the room to get a sense of where I was.

It was a large room but very empty. Across the room seemed to be a large dresser with a mirror placed on the front.  I looked at my reflection. My hair was matted down to my head, my brown eyes were now bloodshot, I had bruises all along my arms and my face was slicked with tears.

I was only wearing a shirt that came down to my knees.

Whose shirt was this?

My eyes widened and I curled up into a ball. I wasn’t wearing any underwear.

“What happened?”

“You shifted but without our mate,” a voice whimpered in my head.

“Who are you?”

“I am Chae Rin, your wolf.”

I heard the door open and I stared at it with wide eyes as it revealed a man with faded blonde hair. His dark brown eyes almost looked black and stared at me with mysterious intent. There was gash on his right cheek and his facial expression looked cold and hard.

“Good, you’re awake,” he muttered as he walked toward the bed.

I looked at him with fear in my eyes. I didn’t know what his intentions were and I didn’t want to find out.

“Where am I?” I squeaked as I moved myself farther away from him.

“You’re in the Bloodshed pack. I am Alpha Kris,” he said.

I didn’t like the sound of this pack and I didn’t like the look of Alpha Kris. I wanted to leave immediately and never return.

“Alpha sir, how did I get here?” I asked quietly.

“You were in the woods, shifting painfully and screaming so loud I heard you across the plains,” he said, “Your mate was nowhere around so I helped you as much as I could and brought you here.”

When he talked it was emotionless, almost like an automated message.

“Thank you, that was very kind of you.” I smiled up at him.

A deep sound rumbled from his throat as he advanced toward me. I shook in fear his hands roughly wrapped around me and pushed me against the wall. My eyes widened when he moved closer, and it took everything in me to keep my teeth from chattering.

“You owe me something in return,” he spoke in my ear, and rubbed his nose down my cheek, smelling me, and making me shiver from sheer disgust.

Was this really happening? Did I really have to pay him back? I always wished to save myself for my mate and my mate only. My feeble mind couldn’t comprehend what he was implying, my heart was beating rapidly from sheer fear, pounding in my chest and making my knees weak.

“But not yet,” Alpha Kris pulled away from me.

The amount of relief I felt was lifted off of my shoulders and I felt like I could breathe normally for the time being.

“I will send someone to bring you clothes,” he hissed as he slammed the door shut.

I stood there staring at the door, hoping he wouldn’t come back anytime soon. I was in an uncharted pack with an unfamiliar Alpha who wanted me. I collapsed onto the bed and sighed loudly.

No I didn’t like this pack but I didn’t want to go back to my old one, I didn’t want to be abused for every little thing I did or worse, I didn’t want to see my mate with another wolf.

My poor mother, the only person that believed me and cared must be worried sick about me. I didn’t even leave a note for her to find. I got up and advanced to the door. Just then it flew open, revealing a blonde haired girl who looked about my age.

“No one else would spare you clothes so you can borrow mine,” she said as she threw the clothes at me.

I caught them and smiled at her.

“Thank you, that’s very ki-“

“Yeah whatever, just put them on,” she cut me off.

She had grey eyes and a punk rock look to herself. She wore deep red lipstick and smoky black eye shadow, her hair frizzy and natural. Her black skinny jeans and a white crop top completed her careless look.

“Are you going to keep staring at me or are you going to change?” She snapped at me.

I blushed and quickly turned around. I slowly began to disrobe from the oversized shirt into dark blue skinny jeans, a white tank top and some black vans. I turned around and noticed her gazing at me with amusement.

“You know; you have a great body,” she smirked.

I blushed and looked down at the ground. She grabbed me and pulled me into the bathroom where she sat me on the toilet and began brushing my hair. I constantly flinched and whimpered while she brushed out the knots and dirt in my hair.

“Shut up, your whining is annoying,” she barked

When she finished, I glanced in the mirror and almost looked like my old self again. Except, I could still see the broken hearted, rejected girl inside.

“Come on, I have to give you a tour of the pack,” the girl said as she pulled a cigarette out her pocket.

“What’s your name?” I finally worked up the courage to ask.

“My name is Chae Rin.” she smirked.

I smiled. She had the same name as my wolf.

“I’m Ana.”