Let's Not Be Friends

SeLu Conversations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

genre; fluff (kindergarten!au)

type; drabble

word count; 1200

summary; sehun tells luhan he can no longer be friends with him

 

 

It is a wonderful day for the 6-year-old Luhan because today, aside from celebrating his sixth birthday, he is planning to surprise his best friend, Oh Sehun, with a cupcake he baked last night with his mom. It is a chocolate cupcake topped with a vanilla frosting and little rainbow-colored stars which Luhan knows Sehun really likes. Sehun's favorite shape is a star. Luhan is sure of it.

 

The moment he kisses his mom goodbye, Little Luhan bounces to his room, where Little Sehun must be waiting for him.

 

And he isn't disappointed. In the chair next to his, he finds Little Sehun sitting. Little Sehun is busy looking at a tiny box wrapped in a light blue sheet with a bunch of deer-looking Disney character-- Bambi-- on it.

 

Little Luhan smiles. He knows it is Little Sehun's gift for him.

 

Because Sehun knows Luhan likes Bambi.

 

And because Sehun thinks Luhan really looks like Bambi.

 

"Sehun-ah!", Luhan's tiny voice chirps in excitement as he calls for his best friend, a hand is up to give him a wave.

 

Sehun looks up and his face immediately brightens when he sees that familiar figure standing by the door. He gestures Luhan to come to him fast.

 

"Lulu, happy birthday!" Sehun, who appears too excited, greets Luhan merrily yet in his very hushed tone.

 

They both do not want the other kids to flock around Luhan.

 

Sehun bashfully hands his gift to Luhan, who happily accepts it.

 

"Thank you, Sehunnie!", says Luhan with a giggle as he shakes the tiny box in his tinier hand. He is trying to figure out what could his Sehunnie have gotten him. "Can Luhannie open his gift now,  Sehunnie?"

 

Sehun nods his head frantically with a huge grin on his face. He is just as excited as Luhan because he knows Lulu will like his gift a lot.

 

Luhan tore the wrapper and his doe eyes sparkle at the sight of Sehun's gift-- a box of crayons.

 

"Sehunnie knows Lulu was sad when Channie and Chennie broke his crayons. Sehunnie doesn't want to see Lulu sad anymore so I bought crayons!" Sehun says wih a smile that turns his eyes to crescents. "Does Lulu like Sehunnie's gift?"

 

Luhan nods repeatedly and wraps his arms around Sehun, who is taken by surprise.

 

"Thank you, Sehunnie!", Luhan says with glee. "Luhannie likes it a lot!"

 

They pull away from the hug. Sehun looks happier than he was earlier.

 

"Really? You like it?"

 

Luhan hums happily.

 

"Now, we can color my Bambi coloring book!", Luhan exclaims in excitement.

 

He surely can't wait to color Bambi to life with his best friend.

 

Sehun nods in response just in time when their Teacher Kim arrived. Luhan pouts because he isn't able to show Sehun his surprise but he decides he can just show it to him during break time later on.

 

Luhan behaves and follows Teacher Kim's instructions pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter