True Love

SeLu Conversations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

genre; romance, slight angst

type; drabble

word count; 2931

other casts/mention; xiumin, chen, baekhyun

summary; luhan pretends to be in a relationship with xiumin to make sehun jealous

 

pre-update author's note; [30] Secret Love part II : Luhan's side of the story

 

 

Luhan couldn't remember when he started having all those weird (but never uncomfortable) fluttering feelings inside him every time he's with his best  friend, Oh Sehun. Was it when the latter gave his favorite pencil to him when Luhan got his stolen by a bully back in Second Grade? Or was it when Sehun saved him from rolling off the steepy mountain during their camp back in 7th Grade?

 

Maybe it was when Sehun started gaining attention from female students because of how he has grown beautifully and became a very fine handsome (not to mention, very tall) young man? Luhan couldn't help but let out an angry puff of air every time he recalls how girls flirt (or at least attempt to) with his best friend. Luhan was thankful though that Oh Sehun was born a very shy boy who only shows his various sides to Luhan.

 

"Why don't you just tell him how you feel, Lu? It's easier that way.", his friend, Xiumin, asks before gulping down his Pepsi.

 

Luhan sighs. "I can't risk it, Xiu. I can't risk our friendship. I can't risk everything just because I was selfish for wanting more."

 

He clasps his hands together and rests his chin on top, lips are pouting. Losing Sehun is the last thing he'll ever wish for.

 

Hell, he will never wish for it to happen.

 

Which is why he is enduring the pain of not having Sehun as his boyfriend. He'd rather be Sehun's friend forever than lose him.

 

"And how does me pretending to be your boyfriend helps?"

 

He gives Xiumin a shrug. "Maybe we'll get to see a hint of how he feels about me? Because I've never dated anyone before and me dating you will be a huge thing to him." The next two words comes out as a whisper. "I hope."

 

By the look on Xiumin's face, Luhan knows the other is still contemplating whether this it a good idea or not.

 

And Luhan has to make him believe that it is.

 

It is a good idea because it's the only idea Luhan has.

 

"Aren't you trying to get Chen's attention, too?" Luhan tries. He holds back the grin that is tempting to come out.

 

He is 98% confident this will convince Xiumin.

 

And he is right.

 

"Fine. But you have to help me with Chen, too."

 

Luhan smiles.

 

"Of course."

 

 

It's been almost two weeks since Luhan admitted to Sehun that he is in a relationship with Xiumin. The latter was obviously surprised (Luhan took it as a good sign). He thought he heard pain in Sehun's voice when he asked who the guy was but then Luhan was proven wrong when Sehun lips broke into a sweet smile and pulled him in a warm embrace.

 

"Hyung, I'm so happy for you." He remembers hearing Sehun whisper in his ears and he couldn't help then but drop a tear or two.

 

Sehun-ah, why are you happy? You shouldn't be happy.

 

Sehun broke the hug and flashed another smile.

 

Luhan might sounded mean but he didn't want to see Sehun smile.

 

He wanted to see him frown.

 

He wanted to see him cry.

 

He wanted to hear him say, "Hyung, you shouldn't be with him. You should be with me."

 

But no.

 

Instead, Sehun smiled, the sweetest Luhan has ever seen.

 

It wasn't Sehun who cried. Luhan did.

 

And he heard Sehun say,

 

"I'm happy you are with him, hyung."

 

 

It breaks his fragile heart every time Sehun does not appear affected at all about his relationship with Xiumin. He purposely brings Xiumin with them so he could elicit a reaction from his best friend but no. He gets nothing.

 

With a sigh, Luhan walks to his next class. The frown he previously had on his face reversed into a beautiful smile as he remembered that he will be with Sehun for his Literature class.

 

And just the perfect way to make his day better, he spots Sehun.

 

"Sehunnie!!", he calls, not minding the looks on him coming from the other students.

 

Sehun turns around and Luhan suddenly forgets how to breathe.

 

Damn, Luhan tells himself. Why do you have to be always perfect?

 

Luhan tries his best to prevent himself from looking overly excited (and giddy) as he walks towards Sehun.

 

"Are you on your way to our Literature class? Let's go together!"

 

Wait, I think I just sounded too happy.

 

"O-o-of course!" Luhan thinks it is the cutest stutter he has ever heard.

 

"Yehet!" He casually places an arm on Sehun's shoulders. He doesn't even care how awkward it looks (because apparently, Sehun is a few inches taller than him). As long as he gets to be this close to Sehun, Luhan doesn't mind. "It's been quite a long time since we have spent time together, don't you think?"

 

He sees Sehun's eyebrows creasing and Luhan wants to squeal real loud because that is the most adorable sight he has ever seen.

 

"But don't we always spend time together, hyung?"

 

"Well, yeah, but it's been a while since we spent time together alone."

 

Not getting any replies, he adds. "Of course, I already miss my best friend."

 

Best friend, Luhan's heart shatters at his own statement. Will I always stay that way?

 

"Ehh~ Are you kidding me? You're always restless whenever he's not around." Sehun teases him.

 

His cheeks flush.

 

Because I can't seem to calm my heart down whenever I'm alone with you.

 

"Aish, Sehun, stop it. Let's go! We're already late for class.", Luhan pulls his hand and immediately feels the electricity flowing through his entire being.

 

Sehun-ah, I wish I can hold your hand like this always.

 

 

Like the usual, Luhan is having his lunch with his best friend and his pretend boyfriend, Xiumin.

 

Moments ago, before Sehun arrived, they had already planned out another act. It will be Xiumin surprising Luhan with concert tickets of Luhan's favorite KPop boy group, TVXQ.

 

"Where did you get these, Xiumin-ah?", Luhan asked, eyes were sparkling at the sight of the concert tickets in Xiumin's hands.

 

"Bought them. I was planning to finally ask Chen out this weekend and confess." Xiumin smiled at the thought.

 

Luhan returned the smile but it wasn't as happy as Xiumin's. He was jealous of the confidence and courage Xiumin has. If only he was as brave as Xiumin to take the risk, who knows, they probably might be going to that concert, too, as their first official date as a couple.

 

"I have a surprise for you." He hears Xiumin say. Luhan prepares himself because that is his cue that the act has started.

 

"What is it?" Luhan sounds curious, with a hint of excitement.

 

Xiumin smiles and shows the two paper in his hand.

 

"SVIP TICKETS FOR TVXQ'S CONCERT?!"

 

Xiumin nods, a smile graces his face.

 

"Oh my gosh, babe! Thank you!" Luhan hugs the baozi-looking, his baozi, tight and kisses his cheek.

 

As he does so, he looks at Sehun in his peripheral vision, waiting to get a reaction from him.

 

Look away, Sehun-ah.

 

He wishes the other would look away because then, he'll know th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter