Ruined

SeLu Conversations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

genre; angst (warning; contains infidelity)

type; song-based drabble

song; secret love song - little mix

other mentions/casts; minseok, irene (red velvet)

word count; 1791

summary; luhan and sehun is fortunately in love with each other but in an unfortunate timing

 

pre-update author's note; please don't skip the post-update author's note thank you ;u;

"I love you", Luhan says, loud and proud, through the phone.

 

And he gets a whispered, "I love you, too".

 

He lets a tear, or two, run down from his cheeks as he cut the line. It hurts. He loves Sehun so much and Sehun loves him equally, as well. But as much as Luhan wanted to scream it out to the world, they can't.

 

Because even if Luhan belongs to Sehun, Sehun doesn't belong to Luhan.

 

"Luhan, this is Sehun. He's my brother-in-law.", Luhan fakes a smile as he offers his hand for a shake.

 

Minseok, Luhan's suitor, invited him over for a family dinner. Luhan didn't want to go because he knew this will happen but he couldn't disappoint Minseok. He has helped Luhan for a lot of times and he wanted to give back.

 

Sehun stares darkly at Luhan and at Minseok's arm which comfortably lies around Luhan's tiny waist. Feeling defeated, Luhan bites his lip and the  urge to look away is strong. But he's glad Sehun played along.

 

"Nice to meet you, Luhan.", Luhan can feel the anger rushing through Sehun's veins just by shaking his hand.

 

Luhan looks down, avoiding Sehun's gaze and nods.

 

Luhan badly wants to call it a night. But it doesn't end there. Things got worse over the dining table.

 

Minseok introduces Luhan to his parents which are very much delighted to meet Luhan.

 

And to make things even worse, Sehun chooses to sit across Luhan. Irene, Sehun's wife, is sitting beside him.

 

What a cruel life.

 

"I've never seen Minseok bringing somebody home.", Mr. Kim says with a very warm smile. "My son must be very serious about you, Luhan."

 

"Appa~", Minseok whines cutely, a faint blush starts appearing.

 

Luhan just smiles and it immediately falters when he meets Sehun's gaze. He feels himself shrinking at his intense gaze. He knows the other is not impressed at all.

 

Luhan avoids his gaze instead and suddenly finds his plate attractive.

 

"So, Sehun, Irene, when will you give us grandkids? You know we are not aging backwards.", Mr. Kim chuckles.

 

Luhan pauses and slowly averts his eyes from his plate to look at Sehun. This time, it is Sehun who is avoiding Luhan's gaze.

 

"Yeahp, dongsaeng-ah. You're not aging backwards, too.", Minseok teases.

 

Irene just rolls her eyes at her oppa.

 

Luhan watches as Irene holds Sehun's hand. His heart aches, A LOT.

 

I wish it was me, holding your hand right now.

 

"Sehun and I have some good news.", Luhan's heart stops beating.

 

It can't be...

 

"I'm five weeks pregnant."

 

His mind shut down. While everybody else are busy congratulating the couple, Luhan and Sehun's eyes met. Sehun's eyes are screaming a thousand apologies but Luhan has gone numb. He can't feel anything at the moment but pain.

 

"Finally!", Mrs. Kim's voice brings Luhan back to reality. "It's about time."

 

"Congratulations, Sehun-ah. Good job!", Minseok jokes, causing his parents to laugh.

 

Sehun fakes a smile, trying to blend in with his in-laws and to mask the worry and fear he's feeling deep inside caused by the person sitting just a few inches away from him.

 

Minseok doesn't want to end the night; opposite to what both Luhan and Sehun wants, especially when he just found out he can't drive Luhan home because there's an emergency meeting at work that he needs to attend to ASAP.

 

"I'm so sorry, Lu.", the disappointment in Minseok's voice is obvious so Luhan flashes him a smile and reassures him that he understands.

 

"I'd get you a cab.", Minseok is about to leave when Sehun and Irene appears.

 

"I'll drive him home.", Sehun volunteers.

 

"N-no, it's okay.", Luhan is quick to reject. "I can manage."

 

Hell, there's no way he's going with Oh Sehun.

 

"Where do you live, Lu?", Irene's voice is so angelic. Luhan can't help wondering whether it was the reason why Sehun fell for her.

 

"Uhm just across Seoul University Hospital."

 

"Oh, that's great. Sehun is on his way there. He's on night shift today."

 

Luhan looks at Sehun, questioningly, yet the other just displays his usual stoic face.

 

Sehun isn't on night shift for today. He's supposed to be on a day off.

 

"Will it be okay, Sehun-ah? I'll drive Irene home. I'll pass by your house on the way to the office.", Minseok asks.

 

Sehun doesn't need to think twice.

 

"Yes, it's okay."

 

Luhan sighs. Just when he thought the night is over.

 

It just got worse.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter