Plot Twist

SeLu Conversations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

genre; slight angst, romance

type; drabble

word count; 3965

summary; turns out, their the end has one ultimate plot twist.

 

pre-update author's note: [25] Still You continuation; final part :) ♥

Luhan wakes up the next day with a terrible throbbing headache. Everything around him is spinning that he finds it hard to bring himself up in his bed.

 

And that hits him.

 

Wait. How did I end up in a bed?

 

He looks around frantically and realizes he is inside his own room. He feels relieved yet at the same time, bewildered. He can't remember leaving the bar on his own. He may not recall everything that happened last night, but he is certain he passed out in the bar.

 

So who brought me home?

 

He pushes himself to recall anything after passing out. He recalls hearing a voice and himself talking to whoever owns that voice.

 

"Jongin-ah~"

 

Then he remembers calling for Jongin's name. A sigh of relief flush over Luhan as he realizes that perhaps the workers from the said bar called Jongin from his phone.

 

Though he's a little nervous knowing that Jongin probably knows by now that he broke his promise to the said man, he's still happy that he's got Jongin to save him from any possible unwanted events that could have happened.

 

Feeling a little better, he leaves his bed and goes to his tidy kitchen to get something to eat. On his little dining table, he sees a bowl covered with another plate on top. A note is stuck on top of the plate.

 

I made a soup for your hangover. Heat it up before eating. Call me once you wake up. We need to talk.

 

Luhan's eyebrows furrows. Somehow, the handwriting looks awfully familiar but he can't pinpoint who. But since he recalls calling for Jongin last night, he immediately assumes it's Jongin's.

 

Unless he was with someone last night.

 

The "We need to talk" part of the note makes Luhan swallow a huge lump in his throat though. He knows Jongin's going to kill him after breaking the promise he made. He can't even remember what they talked or what he babbled to Jongin the whole night. He wishes it's something not embarrassing.

 

Luhan shakes his head and decides to worry about it later on. For now, he needs to get his hangover away.

 

 

Sehun fiddles with his fingers as he waits for Irene to arrive on their rendezvous. He is nervous. After what happened last night with Luhan, he wasn't able to get a proper sleep. His mind was filled with realizations and of Luhan. He realized that he puts Luhan in Irene's shoes most of the time. He treats her the way he used to treat Luhan before. He takes away the shrimps from her food thinking not because he knows she doesn't like them but because he's gotten used to doing that to avoid Luhan's allergies from attacking. He buys her mini Hello Kitty toys whenever he sees one not because he knows she likes toys but because he's gotten used to buying one to add to Luhan's collection. He always wears that perfume Luhan used to really like, which Irene ends up liking in the end as well. Everything he does is revolving around Luhan and he hates himself for realizing this late. Now, he has to break a heart just because of his foolish ways.

 

Now that he has thought about all of these, he realizes he has never really fallen out of love of Luhan. He liked Irene (he wasn't sure if it was strong enough to consider it as love), that he was sure of. His intentions towards her were pure and innocent. He didn't intend to use her to make Luhan jealous or as a rebound after his heartbreak. He blames it on fate for playing games with them. Irene was there after he and Luhan ended. She was there when he needed someone and maybe, just maybe, that made him think that he did have feelings for her and wanted her to be his.

 

But he thought wrong. And now, he has to face the consequences of his wrong doings.

 

"Hey.", he looks up as he hears the soft voice of the girl who was there for him all this time.

 

Seeing Irene smile makes him feel guiltier.

 

Sehun stands up from his seat and pulls the chair for Irene. She utters a soft thank you.

 

"So...", she tries to start a conversation. "What is it...that you want to talk about?"

 

Sehun glances at her angelic face for a while before looking away. He can't help but feel guilty and hate himself for what he is about to do. It doesn't help that Irene displays an expression that gives Sehun a stupid idea that maybe she knows what is about to happen.

 

He wants this to get this over with and shorten Irene's agony but whenever he tries to speak, it's as if the words are stuck on his throat, not wanting to be said.

 

He jerks when he feels Irene reaching out for his hand, squeezing it in the process. He looks up and sees her flash a sad smile.

 

"There's a change of plan...", she speaks quietly, trying not to let her voice fail her and give away her emotions. "Right?"

 

Sehun bites his lower lip. This hurts more than he expected. It doesn't help that Irene used that to open the topic of breaking up.

 

They have had lots of plans for what they'll do together in the future. But now that they're ending, he knows Irene knows that the plans will have to change. That unfortunately, Sehun can't accomplish those anymore with her.

 

"I'm sorry", comes out as a whisper from Sehun.

 

It isn't the answer Irene wanted to hear. She wanted to hear him say, No, of course, the plans shall stay but she knows she is only fooling herself. She knows it from the very beginning. But she chose to just fool herself. Sehun made her feel loved and that was enough for her to think that maybe, just maybe she isn't really just fooling herself. That perhaps, everything is real.

 

But now, the bitter truth hits her like lightning on a stormy night.

 

She had always known that she can't be on that special place on Sehun's heart that she wants to have no matter how hard she tries.

 

Because she knows, someone was and is still occupying in it.

 

And she knows, that someone will never leave nor give away his position, that special place to anybody else.

 

She squeezes Sehun's hand, urging him to look at her and he does. She says with a small smile, "Don't be, Sehun-ah. It's me who should be sorry. I have always known that I could never replace Luhan in your heart and yet I still forced myself into you."

 

"No, no, no", Sehun chants as he brings his free hand to her face. "It's not your fault. It is entirely mine. But please know it is never my intention to hurt you or to play with your feelings. I did like you, Irene-ah."

 

But not as much as you love Luhan.

 

She smiles. "I know, Sehun. I felt that and I'm really thankful for giving me a chance to be happy with you."

 

She leans forward and plants a kiss on his forehead. "Now, give me a chance to make you happy." He notices how her lower lip tremble but she immediately bites it to prevent herself from crying. "But this time, not with me, Sehun-ah. But with the one you truly love."

 

She brings her hand to his face and smiles, "With Luhan."

 

 

Luhan is on his way to Jongin's place. He decides to meet Jongin instead of just calling the latter. Upon getting there, he presses the doorbell and not so long after, the door opens, revealing a sleepy looking Jongin.

 

Jongin rubs his eyes sleepily, "Hyung? What are you doing here?"

 

Luhan pouts instead of answering. "Aren't you going to let your hyung in?"

 

Realizing that he has been quite rude not letting his friend in, Jongin mumbles a Sorry, hyung and gives way for Luhan to get in. Luhan ruffles Jongin's hair on his way in..

 

Luhan sits on Jongin's couch before he spots a folder of what looked like musical sheets on his table. His brows furrow in confusion. Jongin's job is in no way related to music so why does he have musical sheets on his home?

 

"What are these, Jongin-ah?", Luhan can't help but to ask.

 

Jongin's cheeks flush red as he sees what Luhan is asking about. He picks it up and keeps it inside the drawer.

 

"Those are my friend's musical sheets." He answers.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter