How We Were Before

SeLu Conversations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

genre; slight angst, romance, mpreg

type; drabble

other mentions/casts; baekhyun

word count; 1997

summary; luhan wishes he and sehun could go back to how sweet, romantic, and in love they were before

 

 

Luhan clearly remembered the times when Sehun was still courting him. How fresh the roses were. How sweet the chocolates tasted. How his deep voice melted his insides as he serenaded him. Everything was simply perfect and romantic. He got used to it, not knowing it would be the biggest mistake he'll ever do.

 

Luhan and Sehun had been together for 6 long years. And everybody thought they would last forever. But somehow, everybody thought wrong.

 

"Hi, Sehunnie.", Luhan greeted with a forced smile as Sehun entered their flat.

 

Sehun just nodded and went straight to their shared room. Luhan sighed as he let a tear fall. Everything suddenly became cold and dull. Where did the sweet Oh Sehun go? Luhan wondered the same thing.

 

Luhan was tripping over his own feet for Sehun had him blindfolded. He heard Sehun laughing, he pouted.

 

"Hun-ah, you're making fun of me again!"

 

"No, baby.", he chuckled. "Just be patient. We're almost there."

 

Luhan just pouted but nonetheless, nodded and followed Sehun's directions. It took a while before they came to a stop. He could feel Sehun walking behind him, finally removing the blindfold. And as the blurry images became clear, Luhan gasped in surprise. He saw lanterns forming S ♥ L .

 

"I've been battling with myself how should I surprise you on our anniversary.", Sehun started, cheeks flushing red. "I thought, maybe romantic dinner should do but that's too mainstream so I scratched that out. I thought of bringing you chocolates and flowers but they're no longer that special."

 

Sehun took Luhan's hand and intertwined it with his. "Then I remember the time we watched Tangled. You've wanted so much to fly lanterns ever since. So, voila!"

 

Luhan could no longer stop himself. He burst out crying and Sehun, on the other hand, panicked. Who wouldn't anyway? He made all of these to see his love happy and not to cry.

 

"Babe? Babe? Are you o--", he was stopped when Luhan hugged him real tight.

 

"Thank you, Hunnie-ya. Thank you so much."

 

Sehun heaved a sigh of relief and his back. "Anything for you, hyung."

 

He kissed the top of his head. "Anything to make you happy."

 

 

A tear escaped his eyes as he stared at Sehun's cold back facing him Why they ended up like this, he never knew. He just woke up one day and saw how the once colorful moments they had suddenly turned black and white.

 

And tonight was one of the many nights Luhan had cried his self to sleep.

 

 

Sehun had been busy with his work. Too many paperworks to finish. Too many deadlines to meet. He wakes up early in the morning and goes home late in the evening, midnight, sometimes, even.

 

The moment he leaves his house for work, Luhan is still asleep and when he comes home, he would find him waiting for him in the couch and greet him with delight but no matter how much he wanted to stay awake to spend some time with him, his body would fail him. The moment he gets home, he would go straight away to his bed and rest his drained body.

 

His workmates were all telling him of how he's too workaholic and reminded him that he needs to rest sometimes but no, resting was never in his dictionary. He was determined to work hard and save up money for his future. The future he imagined with Luhan.

 

 

"Did you open that up with Sehun already?", Luhan's friend, Baekhyun, asked as he sat in front of him.

 

He shook his head, "No. I-I don't know how. I mean, he's all too busy with his work and I don't want to be a nuisance."

 

"Come on, Luhan. If you really matter to him, you wouldn't be a bother. Afterall, you've been together for almost 7 years."

 

"I know," he sighed, "but what if..."

 

"What?"

 

Luhan looked up to him, eyes were b with tears. "What if he already fell out of love for me?"

 

"Luhan," Baekhyun held his hand, "don't think negatively."

 

"I-I don't know anymore, Baek. What if he doesn't love me anymore?"

 

The tears Luhan held were now flowing down his eyes. It was already hard enough for him to imagine that Sehun's not by his side. What more if it happens for real?

 

"Just try talking with him, Luhan. There's nothing wrong in trying."

 

 

Luhan pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter