Secret Love

SeLu Conversations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

genre; romance, slight angst

type; drabble

word count; 2568

other casts/mention; xiumin, baekhyun

summary; sehun is in love with his best friend, luhan, who is currently in a relationship.

 

// dedicated to a good friend-slash-enemy of mine, @ohluhaans

 

 

They were in their Senior High year when Sehun realized that he has feelings for his Chinese best friend, Luhan. And even now that they're in College, his heart still flutters whenever the Chinese doe-eyed is near. But like his heart that never stopped beating for Luhan, Sehun never stopped feeling undeserving of dating such a perfect beauty like Luhan. His friends have been trying to convince him to confess to his best friend but Sehun couldn't. Whenever it comes to his mind, to confess, he ends up getting mute. He's afraid Luhan will reject him and things will get awkward between them.

 

And no, Sehun couldn't afford to lose Luhan.

 

So he chose to stay as his friend instead and play the game safe.

 

Until Luhan met Xiumin, the guy who stole Luhan away from Sehun.

 

The guy who crushed Sehun's heart. His hopes. His chances.

 

"Sehunnie!!", Sehun hears that very familiar voice again.

 

Sehun turns around and sees the most angelic face he has ever seen in his entire life.

 

Damn, Sehun tells himself. How can I move on if I keep seeing this perfect being?

 

Sehun's heart beats faster as Luhan walks towards him.

 

"Are you on your way to our Literature class? Let's go together!" Luhan happily says.

 

Sehun glances at him and he suddenly forgets how to breathe.

 

Now, how can Sehun say no?

 

"O-o-of course!" Sehun curses his self for stuttering.

 

"Yehet!" Luhan cheers as he places an arm on Sehun's shoulders. "It's been quite a long time since we have spent time together, don't you think?"

 

Sehun's brows crease, a little confused. Well, it's one of his ways of diverting his attention away from Luhan's arm that's currently resting comfortably in his shoulders.

 

"But don't we always spend time together, hyung?"

 

"Well, yeah, but it's been a while since we spent time together alone."

 

How can we even spend some time alone if your boyfriend keeps following you?

 

"Of course, I already miss my best friend."

 

Bestfriend, Sehun feels his heart breaking. Will I always stay that way?

 

"Ehh~ Are you kidding me? You're always restless whenever he's not around." Sehun teases him.

 

And just like that, he sees a faint blush creeping up on Luhan's cheeks; definitely a painful sight for Sehun.

 

But he chooses to hide it and continues to tease Luhan instead.

 

"Aish, Sehun, stop it. Let's go! We're already late for class.", Luhan pulls his hand and Sehun almost had a heart attack.

 

I wish...I wish it was me, hyung.

 

 

As usual, Sehun is with the couple again, Luhan and Xiumin. Of course, Sehun didn't want this but he had no choice.

 

"I have a surprise for you.", he hears Xiumin talk. Sehun and Luhan both look up to Xiumin.

 

"What is it?"

 

Luhan, as well as Sehun, eagerly waits for Xiumin to reveal his surprise. With a sweet smile meant for Luhan only (that made Sehun cringe), Xiumin shows Luhan his much-awaited surprise, which, indeed, suprised the Chinese.

 

"SVIP TICKETS FOR TVXQ'S CONCERT?!" Luhan exclaims in surprise.

 

Xiumin nods, a smile graces his face.

 

"Oh my gosh, babe! Thank you!" Luhan hugs the baozi-looking, his baozi, tight and kisses his cheek.

 

Look away, Sehun. Look away.

 

A forced smile finds its way on Sehun's lips and teases the couple.

 

"Awwww, how sweet."

 

That's it, Sehun. Hide it. Hide the pain away.

 

Luhan breaks free from the hug with a shy smile and a blush which Sehun never fails to notice.

 

And he hates it. Because he knows, he isn't the reason behind it.

 

Because he knows, he'll never be the reason behind it.

 

"Oh, stop it, Sehunnie." Luhan shakes his head. He turns to his boyfriend again and smiles. "Thank you, babe."

 

Sehun watches as Xiumin takes Luhan's soft hand in his and intertwines it, never planning on letting go.

 

Look away, Sehun.

 

He keeps telling himself but he can't. Instead, he continues to look at them and flashes a smile that never reaches his eyes.

 

As if that isn't enough, he lets another chain of lies out of his mouth.

 

"You do look perfect together."

 

 

Pathetic, yes. But it was the only way Sehun can ever think of doing; to keep loving Luhan from afar. He had attempted too many times to stop himself from loving his best friend more than he already has; to distance himself but the more he tries to stop it, the more it grows. So he gave up. He gave in to his feelings for his best friend.

 

Sehun knew it will be hard but he didn't know it will be this hard.

 

He didn't know it would be this hard to smile, or at least, fake one whenever he sees Luhan and Xiumin together.

 

He didn't know it would be this hard to convince himself that it's okay, that he'll be okay, whenever he sees how tight Xiumin holds Luhan's hand.

 

He didn't know it would be this hard to watch Luhan hugging Xiumin back, wishing it was him Luhan was hugging instead.

 

He didn't know it would be this hard to watch the love of his life falling hopelessly in love over and over again with somebody else.

 

But Sehun decided to bear the pain.

 

It was his fault anyway, not Luhan's.

 

It was his fault for being unfortunately in love with his best friend.

 

 

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend.

Lucky to have been where I have been.

 

 

Sehun groans when he hears the song playing as he enters the place he considers as his runaway place whenever he's not feeling well, just like today.

 

Well, because today happens to be the day of TVXQ's concert. Meaning, Luhan and Xiumin will be on a date once again.

 

But it isn't just what's bugging Sehun.

 

But it's what Xiumin told him a week before.

 

 

"Sehun, I need to talk to you about something."

 

No, I don't want to talk to the person who stole my love away. Sehun badly wanted to tell Xiumin that but he knew better.

 

So, instead, he replied with a hushed, "What is it?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter