No Longer Friends

SeLu Conversations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

genre; very slight angst, romance

type; drabble

word count; 1895

summary; sehun doesn't want to be friends with luhan anymore

 

pre-update author's note; [33] Let's Not Be Friends part II

 

 

Luhan doesn't understand why Sehun was avoiding him these past few days. He is sure he has not done anything wrong, or has he?

 

Luhan bites his lower lip at the thought. No. He is entirely sure he has been a good friend-- best friend-- to Oh Sehun like he always have.

 

So, why?

 

Luhan lies his head on the library table, giving up on the book that he was supposed to read for their recitation tomorrow. It's of no use, anyway. No matter how hard he tries to focus, he cannot. His mind is full of nothing--well, in this case, no one-- but Oh Sehun. What went wrong between him and his best friend?

 

"Sehun-ah, did I do something wrong?", Luhan asks the thin air and pouts. He wishes Sehun would magically appear out of nowhere and answer his question after accidentally hearing it. That way, he doesn't have to face Sehun while asking the question.

 

He had attempted to do such thing a few days ago but somehow, he felt like he got tongue-tied. He couldn't bring his self to ask Sehun the million dollar question. He thinks maybe he's just exaggerating; that Sehun wasn't really avoiding him.

 

Sehun just probably have more stuffs to do that he has to go home ahead of Luhan.

 

But Jongin, Sehun's classmate and Luhan's teammate in basketball, is able to attend their practices. (He skips practice whenever he has a lot of homeworks)

 

Maybe Sehun just forgets to text him.

 

But how can someone forget to text his best friend when he used to do that everyday?

 

Maybe Sehun is tired of drinking bubble teas that's why he refuses Luhan's offers.

 

But Luhan sees him drinking his favorite cup at times in school.

 

Luhan's frown deepens. Sehun IS indeed avoiding him. No matter how hard he tries to convince himself not to think of such about his best friend, he can't do it-- not when his actions say so.

 

Luhan hears a soft ting coming from his cellphone. He gasps softly and... are his eyes deceiving him?

 

1 new message from Sehun-ah

 

With his heart pounding against his chest, he taps the new message open. He immediately reads it.

 

Hyung, let's meet later, 8PM. Same place. Got something important to say.

 

Luhan's heart pounds even faster, harder. Although he's a bit disappointed at how Sehun texted him (it seems cold, not the usual way Sehun texts him), he still can't stop himself from feeling excited and nervous at the same time. In fact, he's feeling a thousand feels inside him-- an inner turmoil.

 

A part of him feels slightly-- just very slightly-- mad. He can't help but think, after all this time, after leaving me behind, you're suddenly gonna appear out of nowhere and tell me you need to see me?

 

Unbelievable, Sehun was unbelievable, Luhan thinks. Not going to the said meet-up comes across his mind. For a split second, he thinks about letting Sehun feel how much it hurts to be left behind; to be avoided like the plague by someone who matters the most. But then, he knows this is his chance. This is his chance to know why exactly did Sehun avoid him; why Sehun left him in the shadows-- confused, uncertain, broken, alone. This is his chance to fix things and mend the broken bond.

 

So Luhan decides to take his chance (which might be his last).

 

 

Luhan arrives at the rooftop five minutes past eight in the evening. On the bench, where they used to sit to do their homeworks together or just to stay to chitchat and stargaze, sits someone whose silhouette is deeply carved in Luhan's memory. Luhan straightens out a non-existent wrinkle on his shirt before clearing his throat and taking slow, careful steps towards Sehun.

 

As if he feels Luhan's presence, Sehun stands up and faces Luhan, which startles the smaller. Sehun stops himself from chuckling but he isn't too successful at preventing his lips from forming a smile. He internally blames Luhan for being too cute.

 

"Wha-what is it that you want to say?", Luhan tries to sound cold but his voice is betraying him as it shakes.

 

Sehun is about to speak up when Luhan beats him to it. "But before that, let me ask you one thing."

 

Sehun nods in acknowledgement.

 

Luhan breathes deeply. He feels his eyes sting as tears started to pool. No, he tells himself. Don't cry, Luhan. In an attempt to compose himself, he clears his throat once more. "W-Why..."

 

Damn, compose yourself, Luhan.

 

Sehun sees Luhan struggle to keep his self calm so he patiently waits for Luhan to continue; like he always does. (He believes waiting for Luhan is what he does best, afterall, he's been waiting for the other for 16 long years.)

 

Luhan looks up to Sehun with tears b in his beautiful  doe eyes and for a second, Sehun regrets what he did. "Why are you avoiding me?"

 

Sehun is silent. He dares not to say anything and instead, let Luhan say all the things he couldn't for the past few days.

 

"Why did you suddenly leave me all alone? Did I do something wrong?" The tears finally fall. Luhan scolds himself for not being able to keep it in. But it's now the least of his worries. He needs to get this off his chest.

 

He looks up to Sehun, eyes expecting for an answer. So Sehun gives him. "No, hyung. You did nothing wrong."

 

"Then why?", Luhan bursts. "Then why won't you see me anymore? Why won't you text me? Why, Sehun-ah, why?"

 

"Because I don't want to be your friend anymore."

 

Luhan freezes. Did I hear it correctly? I'm just imagining things, right? He tries to fool himself but he knows he heard it right. The devastating pain in his chest tells him he heard it right.

 

"Let's end our friendship, hyung." Sehun says, tone is stern

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter