Chapter 2

Hate You, Then Love You

Eun-Mi POV

The next day I woke up the same time as usual. Mostly because of dance practice I had no choice. It got me out of the house at least. Since its only summer, I'm usually the only one up in the morning (out of my sisters, that's for sure.) The place where my practices are held is pretty much walking distance. So I could just leave whenever. When I had entered the building someone had said that Eric, my choreographer, had huge news.

"Okay people, enough chatter. Before we start, I have something to we all need to talk about. And I 'm pretty sure this is something all or most of you are interest in." Eric said as we gathered around.

So there is news... wonder what this is about.

"Yesterday, I'm pretty sure you all saw these while walking home." He held up a poster. Of course it was the same one I saw. Everyone then started to talk again.

"Yeah there like posted everywhere. I saw like five of them when I was walking home." one blurted.

"But did you notice any of the locations that were on them?" Eric asked.

"The one I saw was for Spain." one said.

"Really? I saw France." Another said.

Others said Japan, India, France and much more but no one seemed to mention the one I saw, then again I'm the only Korean in the class so why would anyone mention it in the first place?

"Is there anymore?" Eric asked.

I hesitated, but rose my hand. "I saw Korea."

"Ah yes, that was the last one. Now you probably know that the auditions last the rest of the summer. The good news for all of you, or some of you, is that I'm allowing those who want to go, can, but the bad news, since it would be everyone, I'm only allowing one representative to go to each one. So I'm going to have a drawing and your only allowed to enter the country that matches your nationality." And with that everyone automatically ran, to enter there names in. I didn't even bother so I just stood there till Eric came over to me. "Eun-Mi do you have a minute?"

"Uh sure, what is it?"

"Since your the only Korean in this bunch, what do you think about going to Korea and do those auditions?"

"Mmmm... I don't know..."

"I think you should do it. Isn't it also a chance to have your dream come true? You know the one you've been telling me about?"

"Yeah, but what if I'm not good enough?" Oh yeah because that's the real reason I don't want to go.

"Eun-Mi I've seen you dance, I've heard you sing. And as your instructor, I'm really confident you got what it takes, even if it's just for back up. So far ever since we started class, the first day you walked in, and showed me what you got, I knew you had a future."

"You really think so? Because I was thinking about going, but I had second thoughts."

"Go, Eun-Mi. Just go for the heck of it. And if you don't win the auditions, well at least you tried. But I believe in you."

"Alright I'll do it."

"Good, since you are going to Korea, take these. I'm actually fiends with the CEO of the entertainment that's hosting those auditions." He handed me airline tickets.

I looked at him. "Y-You are?"

"Yeah true story, so I kind of mentioned you to him the other day when I was on the phone. Plus... I sent him a picture of you."

"What did you say about me?" Now I was concerned. I haven't even stepped a foot in Korea yet and the CEO already knows about me? ""And what did he say?"

"He said you looked like a nice, cute girl. I told him you've been working hard here and he also said thinks you got what it takes to win. For some reason, I guess, he has so much confidants in you, that he sent me those first class airline tickets to Korea."

My eyes widen. "Wow these are first class?"

"Ne, but theres more." I look at him. "Trust me it gets better. Your trip is basically paid for. Your reservation is already set."

I couldn't believe even say anything. Was the CEO really that confident? I mean hr doesn't even know my skill level. Unless I'm missing something here...

"So are you going to it?'

I sighed. "Ne, I'm going to those auditions and nothings going to stop me."

*****

When I got home, my father was the only one I saw. He seemed to be writing something.

"Hello father. Did you have to go to work today?" I asked as I sat in front of him.

"I did but I got off early. Had to take of your sister." he said not looking up. "Chun-Hei clamed she was sick. She's resting right now if you want to see her."

"Actually father there's something I need to ask you. What if I told you that I've changed my mind about going to Korea?'

My father stopped writing and looked up at me. "What changed your mind?"

I explained my father about the auditions. I told him that it was my chance to continue my dream and since Chun-Hei will be there, she can follow hers. I was hesitate on the idol topic but told him anyway. For sure, I wasn't going to break the promise.

"Everything is paid for, I promise you, the reservation is set and here are the airline tickets, see?' I handed them to him. "So father can I go?"

He was silent and just stared at the tickets. MY father took off his glasses, sighed, then said, " Are you sure you want to this?"

"Ne father, I'm only going for the experience, if I don't win, then who cares..."

He looked up at me and gave a smile. "At least I can trust you with the promise and you seem really confident in yourself, so I'm allowing you to go. But you have to bring Chun-Hei."

"Really? Oh alright. But thank you so much father, you wont regret this."

When I told Chun-Hei that I wanted to go back to Korea, she didn't believe me. She was "sick' was what she kept telling me. I rolled my eyes and tried to convince her to come with me. For the first time in my life, I had actually tried to do something like this. It wasn't till I mentioned the airline tickets, which literally made Chun-Hei jump. She is such a faker. Chun-Hei also screamed when I said the reservation was made. Geez, all that for a reservation. I bet she didn't even have the money in the first place. Or even she wasn't even sick. Yup, that's my sister for ya. She's acting like a five-year-old when she's in her 20's. This is really sad. Well, at least I'm going to Korea and I can't wait.