Chapter 1

Hate You, Then Love You

Eun-Mi POV

I hate my life. There I said it. Mostly I hate the fact that things don't turn out the way I plan it, but when they do, it always hurts other people's feeling. I can never win and feel good about it. Plus sometimes people don't think I'm older. Meaning they'll think I'm like 16 when really I'm almost 20. All of them think I'm the youngest of my family. Well heck no! I'm the second oldest of five girls and they think I'm the youngest. That is messed up. Which leads me to high school... which was never fun. Because of that reason, I just wanted to stay home. My sisters say it's because I have a "cute" face. Yeah I doubt it. I don't even try to have that. Other girls do but they're just wanna-be's. Thinking their cute so that boys will like them. Story of my life.

Boys. The things I wished I never knew about. And when I mean boys I mean (basically) idols. Boy groups. Whatever you want to call them. At all. With their "looks" and "charms", they freakin brainwashed every girl in Korea. While every girl scream for their pro-claimed husbands, I, along with my sisters, just ignore those types of boys and never pay attention to any crowd of girls yelling out their biases out their window.

I sound like a hater don't I? Not to worry. I wasn't always like this. At first, I just didn't care. I had neutral feelings for boy groups. Everything changed, when my sister, Chun-Hei texted me saying that she and an idol were together. You see, when all of my sisters were younger and my father was alive, we promised to him that we would never date idols. It didn't seem fair at first, but now I know why he made us take the promise. Idols are always busy. Always having a schedule and never have time for dating. I maybe wrong, but seeing how my father put it, I just took his word for it.

My life changing story starts around the time when my family was living in the states and my father was alive. After I had finished high school, I wanted to continue my dream as becoming a dancer or singer. Being a back-up would be fine. I didn't have to be an idol. I just wanted to be on stage. It's what I love. I had asked my father if I could do this. Unfortunately, he had disapproved at first. Only because Mi-Sun also was a dancer, plus she was pretty much better then me. But since I'm older then her, father made Mi-Sun quit. After that, I never saw her dance again. I once asked her if she was okay with it.

"Your the oldest, meaning you had first dibs. It doesn't matter any more Eun-Mi. I'm fine with it." Mi-Sun had told me.

As I was walking home from dance practice I was taking this summer, I was thinking back on that day which made me realize how bad I felt. I knew she was hurting inside but she does a great job of not showing her angry or sadness in front of people. I couldn't stop thinking about Mi-Sun. I mean, she was really good. How can she be okay with me taking something away from her? After putting a lot a thought into it, I decided to give up my dream as a performer. Even though I have been doing the dance practices for nine weeks now. I have guilt. Can you blame a girl?

I was almost home till a poster caught my eye. It read:

"Want to become a back-up dancer or singer? Well here's your chance. Additions for that role will start next Friday. To make it more interesting, the best person who auditions gets to perform with an idol group."

I couldn't believe it. This was an opportunity I can't pass down, but what what about Mi-Sun? Oh, darn it... now I'm have to choose. I looked for the location which was Korea, but the rest of the information was about the idol group which I ignored. As much as I wanted to do this, I just thought about thinking about it and talk to my choreographer  about it, but for now, I'll just give it up. Oh well. I sighed and looked back at the poster one more time then continued to walk home. When I opened the door, I heard Chun-Hei and my father talking. My mother was just sighing.

"But father I really want to do this. Just allow me to go. I'll pay for the trip, everything. I have the money, please. I'm old enough to be on my own." Chun-Hei pleaded.

"Chun-Hei, it is not that I think you are not old enough. I just don't want you to go there by yourself. Bring a friend or someone." my father said.

I slowly walked in, hopefully not to interpret their conversation. Chun-Hei was about to say something but looked at me.My parents did as well. So much for being quiet...

"Hello Eun-Mi. How was practice?" my mother greeted.

"It was fine. Dances are getting harder though." I answered. I was about to say something else, but Chun-Hei had cut me off.

"Father, how about I take Eun-Mi with me. That way I wont be alone. Plus I'll take care of her."

"Yah! I'm like two years younger then you. I'm not a child anymore. And what are you talking about? Where are you going?" I was really confused.

"Your sister wants to be like your uncle, to own a cafe. But in order to do that she needs to go to Korea and learn from him. Which I'm not allowing her to do unless she's with someone." Father said.

"That's what I'm saying. I'll take Eun-Mi. Father you approve don't you?" Chun-Hei linked arms with me.

"I believe its ideal, but I'll let you go if Eun-Mi is willing to go."

"How long is this trip?" I asked.

"All summer." Chun-Hei said.

"Wae? All summer? And you want me to miss my dance practice just so that you want me to miss my dance practices just so that you can full fill your dreams?"

"Yeah so?"

"So? I'm fulfilling my dreams already. And I'm not going to let you ruin my chance on continuing that dream. Chun-Hei I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm missing one practice for a free-get-away." I entered my room and slammed the door shut.

Then I remembered that poster I saw at home. I guess I could of just gone with her and do the auditions, but I already declined Chun-Hei's offer. Oh well. Even those things come once in a life time. I'm still happy where I stand. Besides, Id be meeting idols. Father wouldn't approve anyway. Going back to Korea would be nice though. Seeing my birthplace once more after all these years. Right now, I live in the states because of my father's job. The idea at first was just stupid  to me. I don't like it one bit, but after a couple of weeks I got use to the place. Unlike my younger sisters, Mi-Sun, Soo-Jin, and Soo-Min. Those three had to go years just to get use to the place. Then I was thinking I wanted to the auditions. Maybe I should of gone with Chun-Hei...