Chapter 14

Hate You, Then Love You

Eun-Mi POV
He's letting me go. That's it? He's not going to protest or drag me to Cube right now from preventing me to go. Could it be? Was MinJee right? His feelings for me. It's all true. The plan worked. It seemed mean to do this when I heard it from MinJee. But I just had to find out. I wanted to face him but was to scared to do so. I smiled to myself. Thanks MinJee.

 
**FLASHBACK**
I was having problems. A couple days ago, I was in my hotel room, having dinner alone. Ever since Chun-Hei saw YuRi, she's been hanging out with her every night. I found myself feeling depressed everytime I came from the auditions. I also remember over-hearing some girls thinking I was somebody's girlfriend. Most likely from BEAST, because they had given me the stick eye the whole day.
 
The first week was widening down. I felt like I wanted to go home. Forget my dreams I thought. So I called Mi-Sun to see how things were. That changed my mind once more for staying here in Korea. She had told me our father had almost entered a burning building. But he was okay. I got to hear him at least that's the truth. He actually started to encourage me to continue the auditions. I didn't need to argue. After hanging up, I was receiving a call from MinJee.
 
"Yobseyo?" I answered.
 
She went right to it. "Eun-Min you love Yoseob right?"
 
"MinJee I don't want to talk about this..."
 
"Ani! Just answer the questions I'm giving you."
 
"Fine then yes I do."
 
"If he left you, would you wait for him?"
 
Still not following where she was going with this, I answered with a unsure, "Yes..."
 
"Then I have a plan. I got a way to see if Yoseob feels the same way. So how are your acting skills?"
 
I had to think for a minute. At first I thought she was just being a little crazy, but after putting things together, I understood what she meant.
 
"So you want it to be a lie? It sounds kind of mean..." I said. "Plus I would never do that to him."
 
"Hey your the one who loves him and you still need to figure it out. You either go with my plan, or continue to be depressed the rest of your life."
 
I gave a sigh. MinJee was right. I know she's trying to be a good firend and all but I wonder why she's so focused on my love life. "Alright MinJee... What do I have to do?"
 
She started to explain and ended with, "If you love someone, set it free."
**END OF FLASHBACK**
 
I fell silent and a tear rolled down my check. My head was toward the ground so Yoseob wouldn't see. It's too bad I can't date him, but at least I can love him, knowing he feels the same way. After wiping my tears, Yoseob lifted my chin. I gave a weak smile. He simled back in return. I noticed his eyes sparkled, which gave me a tingle-like feeling inside. Before I was about to say something, Yoseob pulled me closer resting his chin on my head.
 
"Eun-Mi before you go can I tell you something?" he said in an alomst whisper.
 
I was still silent and I just couldn't move. All I could hear was the sound of his heartbeat.
 
"I know we can't be together, but that doesn't mean we can't have feelings for one another."
 
I looked up at him. Is he saying what I think he's saying?
 
"It's my confession. This I can no longer hold in. I want you to know how I really feel."
 
"Yoseob..." was all I managed to say.
 
"I have fallen for you Eun-Mi. I love you with all my heart. And I'll wait for you. No matter how long it takes."
 
I buried my face into his chest. "You don't need to wait for me. Ever. Because I'm not going anywhere."
 
He looked at me. "B-Bwoh."
 
"The reason why I have been avoiding you these past few days is because I was resisting, to the fact that... I loved you too. After our last night together my feelings developed. I couldn't face you because I was in full denial. I didn't want to but I did." I paused. "This was just to see if you felt the same way as I did. It was MinJee's idea. I didn't want to do it but I couldn't stop thinking about you and—"
 
"Eun-Mi!" Yoseob intrupted. "It's fine. I'm not mad."
 
"You're not?"
 
"You were just scared and confused. It's alright." He patted my head and laughed a little. "Does everything you do have to deal with a plan?"
 
We're back on the clock. I jokely punched him in the arm and laughed along with him. After returning my luggage to my room for my bag, we headed to Cube. Even though we weren't a couple, we acted like one. I didn't care if people stared or if his fans started to whisper. Those people don't know half the truth.
 
When I entered the auditon room, I was going to be the last to do my part of the singing course. The people before me sighed as I took a seat. They all probably thought I dropped out. At this point over half the girls were done. It wasn't before long till it was my turn. I saw MinJee and all BEAST members enter the room. Of course it just has to my turn. As I was singing, I thought they were going to cut me in the middle of the song, but they didn't. Eric told me I was the only one who sang a song throughly.
 
Hope that wasn't special treatment. I thought.
 
After the auditions, I was invited to go to BEAST's dorm, which I gladly accepted. MinJee was coming too. Now that there were no more problems, things can run smoothly again. Once settled in, BEAST demanded explainations. Well mostly Junhyung because he was the one who was asking most of the questions.
 
"So you guys aren't a couple?" Dongwoon asked.
 
"That's right." I said. 
 
"But you love each other?" Doojoon said.
 
"Ne."
 
"Way to find the loop-hole to your father's promise." Gikwang laughed.
 
"Why did he make you promise that in the first place?" Hyunseung asked.
 
"I... I don't know actually. He never gave us a reason and we never asked why." I said.
 
"The bottom line is that there's not going to be anything weird right?" Junhyung said and saw me nod. "Okay, good because this past week's been crazy and I don't think I can take it anymore."
 
"You're a troublemaker." Hyunseung blurted.
 
"Gee thanks." I laughed.
 
"Second week in auditions. Can you believe it?" MinJee said.
 
"You all came in right when it was  my turn." I said. "Wae?"
 
"It was Yoseob's idea."
 
"Of course it was."
 
We all laughed and continued to talk till it was time to leave.
 
***
 
The second week went by fast and it was no guess I was still in. But sadly some of the contestants who were actually nice to me were cut. They were the ones who warned me about some of the girls who gave me the stick eye everytime I entred the room. Oh how I wished they would be cut. 
 
More weeks went by till there only ten left. Unfortunately those girls who hate me were four of them. Still the other five had liked or had neutral feelings for me which I didn't mind at all. I made firends with some of them. I had finally understood why those girls disliked me.
 
"They only want to hang out with BEAST. Basically they want your position. Plus their bias is or was Yoseob. So when they saw you enter the room with him that one time they looked like they were going blow a fuse." one explained. "So you better watch your back. They could be planning something to ruin your chemistry with them."
 
I was about say something but the CEO had entered the room to make an important announcement.
 
"Ladies congrats on being the top ten finalist. From this point on, things are going to change. For the semi-finals and to decide on who will be the final five everyone will perform in front of an audience. You will practice with Eric but will end early, only to prepare yourself for your performance. We're giving you three weeks. For this week you'll be here. The last two will be your free time to be on your own to choose or create your song. Once you have your song come here to submit it. If dancing is required, please tell Eric if you need assistance."
 
Three weeks? To prepare for a performance? Oh boy this is going to fun...