Chapter 12

Hate You, Then Love You

Yoseob POV
Why did I do that? Why did I have my feelings for her go out of control. I didn't mean to do it. Honest. My blood was rushing so fast and I had so much hesitation. I also realized that I called her Eun-Mi instead of princess. Does that even mean anything? Things have been off for me in just one day. 

Eun-Mi had just got here and I had almost kissed her. I bet she doesn't even want to talk to me anymore. She told me her father's promise. I was listening. I let my feelings take the best of me. Oh Eun-Mi, I'm so sorry... Really I am...
 
After leaving the hotel and calling a taxi to go home, all I was thinking about was Eun-Mi. Mostly I noticed how she loved the gift she got today. And the one last hug I'll probably ever receive from her.
 
**FLASHBACK**
Someone had knocked on the door right when I was about to kiss Eun-Mi. I thought it was her sister but it turned out it was just a bell hop dropping off a package for her. Surprisingly after closing the door, she came back and sat down next to me and it seemed she was closer then last time.
 
"Who's it from?" I asked.
 
"Um... I don't—" she turned it over and noticed who the the sender was. "... my parents."
 
"Your parents? Aren't they in the states?"
 
"Ne, wonder what they could of sent me." she opened the package and saw two more boxes inside. One for her name and the one she handed me, probably her sisters'. "Hold that for a sec." Eun-Mi countinued to open the box and let out a gasp.
 
"What is it?" I asked.
 
"My parents sent me an anklet. I've always wanted one." Eun-Mi held it up for me to see. "But it isn't exactly the kind I was hinting at. Oh well they tried. I'll wear it anyways."
 
"What kind would you want?"
 
She handed me her phone which showed me the anklet she wanted. The chain was silver and there were two heart charms.
 
"My anutie told me my great-great-great grandmother wore the same exact anklet. They could of just passed it down, but that anklet was her good luck charm, so they lest it on her."
 
"It's nice." I said, handing her phone back.
 
"Yeah it is, but I understand why they gave me a different kind. The one I want costs too much. Plus I want it personalized. It be even more expensive."
 
"Must be. At least you're greatful for what you have."
 
"Yeah I guess." she handed me her anklet. "Could you put it on me?"
 
I smiled and placed it on her.
 
"Well does it look okay?" Eun-Mi asked.
 
"Perfect." I got up and looked at my watch. "Ah, I have to go."
 
"Oh... Okay." she got up and followed me to the door.
 
I stopped then turned to Eun-Mi. "You know, I really had a fun day with you. The whole entire day actually. But tonight, was the best."
 
"Me too. I'm glad I told you the truth Yoseob. Thanks for forcing it out on me. I needed it."
 
"Not at all princess."
 
"Ah, before you go... Can I ask you one last question..."
 
"Go ahead."
 
"Why do you call me princess? Give me a real reason."
 
I froze a little. "Well... To be honest I don't know. I guess its because I—" oh no I almost said it.
 
"You what?"
 
I shook my head. "Nevermind. I don't have a good enough reason . I'll stop calling you that if it'll make you happy."
 
"Ani, it's not that. I was just wondering. I don't mind if you call me princess. I'm already use to it. It'll be weird for me if you call me Eun-Mi again."
 
"Alrighty then. I should head out now. So see you tomorrow?"
 
"Ne."
 
I opened the door but I didn't even walk out, as if suddenly I had forgotten something. Why couldn't I move? I looked back at Eun-Mi again. Seconds later I found myself hugging her. And it wasn't short either. It was if we read each other's mind. I didn't want to leave her. If only I could stay...
 
"Yoseob... Yoseob. You can let go of me now."
 
"Oh, right."
 
We realeased from the hug and we awkwardly stood in silence.
**END OF FLASHBACK**
 
Quietly I enterned the dorm. Everyone must be asleep. I didn't bother to turn on the light, so the the other wouldn't wake up. As I got ready for bed, the lights .
 
"Where you been Yoseob?" a voice from behind asked.
 
I turned around quickly and saw Gikwang standing at the doorway.
 
"Yah! Don't scare me like that!"
 
"Sorry. But seriously, where have you been?"
 
"It's none of your concern."
 
"You were out with Eun-Mi weren't you?"
 
I kept quiet and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Gikwang followed me.
 
"So I'm right. You were with her."
 
Still I continued to ignore him. After finishing up, I walked passed by him, yet he continued to try and talk about my night with Eun-Mi.
 
"Yoseob I'm not hearing a no or a yes. So I'm just going to assume that you did."
 
"Gikwang!" I snapped at him.
 
"Wow now he speaks."
 
"Why do you even care if I was with Eun-Mi anyway?"
 
"I want to know the truth. You and Eun-Mi both were acting weird this whole day. I want to get to the bottom of things."
 
I sighed. Maybe it's best to tell. "Alright, I'll tell you. But you got to swear that you can't tell the other. I don't want them to know."
 
"Well if it's that secretive, then I wont."
 
After finishing explaining what had happened tonight and what was going on this whole day, Gikwang still wouldn't leave me alone.
 
"You told her you loved her?" he asked.
 
"Anio. I'm not going to tell her."
 
"Why not?"
 
"Because if I did then I'd make her life more complicated as it is."
 
"But you have to tell her. Better to say it now then never."
 
"You don't understand. If you were there, I wouldn't even need to explain it even more. She made a commitment with her father which won't allow me to tell her."
 
"Why not just tell her anyway? You already know she made that promise. So just tell her. You'll understand it all already."
 
"I... I just can't do it." I looked down.
 
Gikwang was right though. I could do that, but there's just no way I can confess. I get way too nervous. And I wouldn't be able to tell her tomorrow, anyway. Not after what happened...
 
"Well, I'm not going to force you to do it. You do what you have to do." Gikwang crawled into bed and was fast asleep. I did the same but I just stares at the ceiling. How can I sleep after a day like this? Now I don't even want to face Eun-Mi but if I do I know it'll be awkward. She'll probably be mad at me. I'll make it up to her somehow...
 
***
 
Due to my lame attempt to fall asleep, I was the last to wake up. Gikwang had woken me, already fully dressed. I thought sleep would get rid of the memories of what happened last night, but it didn't. I still remember everything. This was going to be one long day...
 
Doojoon has asked me where I was last night. Luckily Gikwang had answered for me because I had no idea what to say. Plus I didn't feel like talking. Not because I was tired but for everything else.
 
We approached Cube and saw Eun-Mi talking to a girl. I tried to make eye contact with her, unfortunalty, that didn't happen. I gave a shy smile and waved a little, but Eun-Mi grabbed the girl's hand and ran inside the building.
 
"Well that was weird." Hyunseung said.
 
"Don't tell me she's changing her act again." Junhyung said.
 
"It's like she didn't even want to see us. "Dongwoon said.
 
"I'm sure she has a good explaination." Doojoon said. "Come on let's go inside."
 
As we went inside the practice room, I was quiet the whole day. I knew she wasn't okay of what happened last night. Eun-Mi doesn't want to talk to me anymore. She'll never forgive me. Well if that's the case. I better tell her how I feel about her. Or... not.
 

Eun-Mi POV
My mind needed to be clear. Everything that happened last night has to disappear. Why won't these thoughts just go away? I won't be able to concentrate on the auditions. If I'm not focused, I won't be able to win. I must of been spacing out because I ran into someone on my way into Cube.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—" I looked up and saw the same girl I had ran into last time. "Y-You."
 
"We meet again." she smiled. "It seems we keep bumping into each other."
 
"I know literally." I laughed. "I never got your name."
 
"Choi MinJee. Yours?"
 
"Lee Eun-Mi."
 
"So your the girl that the CEO brought. I've seen you dance. You're pretty good."
 
"Oh you know about me?"
 
"Yeah I hear the other contestants talk about you. But mostly from the CEO."
 
"You're auditioning?"
 
She shook head. "Nope. I'm a tranee here. I've been observing the auditions to see if I could improve anything."
 
"How come I didn't see you in the room yesterday?"
 
"Oh I was there for a short time. Mr. Hong wanted me to just leave right after. I actually had to practice singing so I couldn't see te rest. Plus you looked pretty focused."
 
"Ah I see... So you know BEAST then huh?"
 
"Of course I do. You hang out with them right? I'm assuming they were the ones you were trying to get rid of."
 
"Unfortunately no, Yoseob caught on to me..."
 
"Well it does seem Yoseob likes you."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
She pointed to a group of boys who were staring at us. Of all people , the first person I reconize is Yoseob. He smiled a little and waved to me. Why wasn't I doing the same? Eun-Mi wave. Smile. Do something!
 
"Here I'll call them over."
 
Before MinJee had a chance to say anything, I grabbed her hand and inside Cube. I can't face Yoseob anymore. After what happened yesterday there's just no way.
 
"Eun-Mi what's wrong? Didn't you want to see them?" MinJee asked.
 
"I'm sorry MinJee, but I can't see them anymore, especially Yoseob." I answered.
 
"Why not? I thought you said you didn't get rid of them."
 
"I know but it's a personal reason. I just can't face him anymore.. I ... can never..."
 
"I understand. How's about after the auditions, we hang out?"
 
I looked up at her and smiled. "I'd like that."
 
We entered the audition room and Mr. Hong came up to us. He told MinJee to stay for the whole auditions for today instead of having to practice singing. As she went with him and I went to Eric who was stretching. He asked me if I had any song requests but I really didn't care.
 
After the last girl entered the room, we began the session. While Eric was teaching a number, the door opened. All the girls turned and started to scream. Oh gee I wonder who that could be? I thought sarcastically. I still face Eric who sighed. Everything I heard was "OMG its BEAST!" "Look it's (insert BEAST's member name, except Yoseob)" "Oppa! You're so cool!"
 
I rolled my eyes. Fangirling. I'll never ever do that in my life. The only thing I would want to know right now is why they're here.
 
"Ladies, please quiet down!" Mr. Hong said. "Eric I'm so sorry for the interruption."
 
"Not at all sir." Eric said. I could tell he was annoyed.
 
"As you girls know this is BEAST. I was going to announce this unil we had the final five, but I guess it's best to say it now." He paused so that the chatter could quiet down. "The winner will not only be a back up for BEAST in a concert, but will also be their opening act."