Chapter 18

Hate You, Then Love You

Eun-Mi POV 
Butterflies are in my stomach like crazy. I can't believe I'm doing this. In fact, I'm just happy that I made it this far. Oh how I wish my family was here to see me perform. Of all the shows I did, this was the most important. At least I'll get a copy of today performance. I could send it to them. They'll see it... well at least most of them...

**FLASHBACK**
Before Chun-Hei and I left, we went to the hospital. There was no way we were going to leave without saying goodbye to our father. When we asked what room he was in, the nurse escorted us there instead of just pointing to the direction.
 
"You two are very lucky to come right on time. We were just about to call your family." she said before opening the door.
 
"What do you mean?" I asked.
 
The nurse but her lip and ignored my question. She turned the knob and gestured us to go in. "I'm so sorry..."
 
Chun-Hei and I exchanged looks as we went inside. We heard the door close behind us and we approached our father slowly. I couldn't tell if his eyes were open or closed. It seemed he was facing  us, but I just couldn't tell. I heard Chun-Hei sniff a little. I did too but not as much as her.
 
"Father..." Chun-Hei says in an almost whisper and places her hand over his.
 
"C-Chun-Hei," he said weakly. "Eun-Mi... is... is that you?"
 
"Ne." I answered. "Father what is it? What do you need?"
 
"Are your sisters here? And your mother?"
 
"Ani... it's just us two."
 
"Please call them... tell them to get over here."
 
"What for?"
 
"Because my time is about to end..."
 
I grabbed my phone immodestly and called Mi-Sun. It wasn't before long when they got here. My sisters and I gathered around him after our mother had given one last kiss. She then stood in the corner quietly.
 
"All of you are special in your own way. Never forget that." he said. "I love each and every one of you. No more or less."
 
"We love you too father." I said since none of my sisters couldn't speak.
 
"Please promise me one more thing.... forever and always be happy the rest of your life." his eyes soon shut and remained that way for the res of his life.
**END OF FLASHBACK**
 
My father is now dead. I can't believe it. I don't want to. But it's true. I'll win these auditions for you father. 
 
It was my turn to go on soon and I have yet to see Yoseob anywhere. I kept telling myself he'll come but the girl before the girl before me was almost done. I ended up being the last to go because I wanted to wait and see him. Still he never came.
 
"Guys where's Yoseob? Wasn't he supposed to be with you?" I asked BEAST and MinJee."
 
"He was with us but he went somewhere." Gikwang answered. "He's been gone ever since we got here."
 
I bit my lip. He promised he'd here. I'm getting nervous. Yoseob where are you?
 
"I'm sure he'll be here. Has he ever let you down?" MinJee asked.
 
I was going to answer but it was too late. The last girl had finished and it finally my turn.
 
"Apparently he has this time." I sad and walked toward the stage. Suddenly I noticed something different. "Wait where's my—"
 
"Anklet?" said a voice from behind. It was those girls who hate me.
 
I turned around and one held out my anklet, the chain broken.
 
"Don't bother to ask where we found it." she smirked and threw it at me. "As you can see, Yoseob isn't here because he's done. No longer wants to deal with you and your stupid—"
 
I passed by them pretending I didn't hear them. But really I kind of did. With no anklet or Yoseob, I have no confidents. As I stepped foot on stage, I couldn't think straight and began to panic. Taking one last glance behind stage, only Yoseob was missing. I closed my eyes and slowly took a deep breath. I started to imagine no one was there. The crowds cheers were still loud but started to fade away. Re-opening my eyes everyone was gone. Except one...
 
The whole time as I was performing, I suddenly felt angry. Sure it was just this one time but I just needed him here. A promise is a promise. What's not to understand? Yoseob has never disappointed me. I should of just told him as soon as I got back. Would it have changed anything? After seeing my father pass away, I finally understood the meaning behind his promise. Now I'll never be able to tell him...
 
With my big finish, the crowd went crazy. I even got a standing ovation. This made me forget how I was feeling about Yoseob, that's till I saw him approach while MinJee was congratulating me for performing well. How angry I was right now? We just stared at each other. I hate you was what I wanted to say but avoiding any argument, I just shook my head and walked passed by him.
 
"Eun-Mi wait!" I heard Yoseob call.
 
Still ignoring him. I continued to walk to the waiting room.
 
"Eun-Mi!" He grabbed my arm. "Eun-Mi come on! Just give me a chance to explain here."
 
I tried to yank my arm away but he kept his grip.
 
"Look I know I said I promised I'd be here but I have a reason."
 
"Oh you better. Because I believe when someone makes a promise, they stick to it." I said angrily.
 
"I would of been here if someone wouldn't have locked me in the bathroom."
 
"You expect me to believe that?" he just nodded his head. "You're unbelievable. I would of expect better from you. What a lie."
 
"I'm not lying!"
 
"Just forget it okay? Let's act like this never happened. In fact how about we never new each other." then I walked away.
 
***
 
After a week of rest, I had to go back to Cube. I didn't see Yoseob or BEAST during that time. Starting today was just as bad. I had woken up late which caused me to be in a rush and as I tried to fix my anklet, I made it worst and dropped the two charms down the drain.
 
Right when I entered the room, they had just started to announce the five finalist. It was no surprise. I made it but those mean girls were still in. Well two of them anyway. My score on the other hand, was better then anyone else's. In yo faces!
 
"For the final round, you will now be given instructions by our choreographers personally. These people have chosen your last performance that'll give us a final thoughts and who will be our winner." said CEO Hong. "And since we're running behind schedule, we're only giving you a week and a half to complete. So it would be wide if you start now."
 
I put my hand down because I was the guilty one.
 
"Why do down Eun-Mi?"
 
When I looked up, I saw Eric. "Your my instructor?" I asked.
 
"Ne. And it was by random."
 
"If you say so..."
 
"Come on we got work to do."
 
For the first couple of days, I was doing fine. I still didn't see Yoseob. Till I saw him three days before the finals. I had to control my temper. The last time I was mad at someone, it ended up bad. I ended up being in the hospital for two days. The doctor said I can't handle such a high stress level in my angry. They say I think too much that it damages my brain cells. That's why I've been avoiding Yoseob. I don't want to faint again.
 
After seeing Yoseob that day, everything just went down hill. For the first time in my life, I had the worst practice ever. In addition I had been late... twice. Eric wasn't happy about this. With one day remaining I felt like a failure. Because I couldn't do anything right, I just left. All I needed was just to be alone awhile. But all my thoughts went to Yoseob. Is don't what to do anymore. I continued to walk slowly crying the most I've ever done. Now my life is finally ruined.