Chapter 22

Hate You, Then Love You

Yoseob POV
Time felt like it was going slow. Right when Eun-Mi left, the CEO had came in and said to practice anyway, since we were here. But who could when there was suspense? We wanted to wait for Eun-Mi to come back. She just has to win. She just has to. It was killing me. I couldn't stand still. I was pacing around the room. The others were probably thinking the same thing because nonone was telling me to calm down. It was so quiet in the room that all you could hear the clock tic. I just couldn't take it anymore. Please let it be Eun-Mi, please...

When we heard the door open, we quickly stood up and saw Eun-Mi enter. I was the first to reach her.
 
"Well are you in? Did they choose you?" I asked.
 
Eun-Mi looked down. "The results were hard to believe.
 
"What do you mean Eun-Mi?" MinJee asked.
 
"It shouldn't have been a surpise either... because," she paused and started to smile. "They chose me!"
 
I placed my hands on her shoulders. "Wait you won?"
 
"No way!" MinJee squealed.
 
"So you're seriously our opening act?" Doojoon asked.
 
Eun-Mi nodded her head. "Ne."
 
We all then cheered very loudly.
 
"Well this calls for celebration!" Gikwang said. "Let's go out for lunch."
 
"Meat anyone? My dad owns the best place for any type of occasion." MinJee said.
 
We all nodded and started to follow MinJee. As they walked out, I grabbed Eun-Mi's hand and pulled her back inside.
 
"Wae? Aren't you hungry?" she asked.
 
"I am but I have something to give you." I handed her the box.
 
As she opened the lid, Eun-Mi let out a gasp then turned to me. "You got me an anklet?"
 
"It's the one you always wanted right? But it's better."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Look at the charms."
 
She lifted the anklet from the box. "Aw, it has our names on it."
 
"It means from now on when upu wear this, I'll always be there for you. Even if I'm not there."
 
"Oh Yoseob I'll treasure this forever. Komawo."
 
"You're welcome my princess. Now let's put it on you." As I placed it on her I continued, "You know our concert is in three days, right?"
 
She looked at me with widen eyes. "Please tell me your joking. No one told me this."
 
"That's alright. You only need to learn one or two of our dances."
 
"WAE? Why didn't anyone tell me this. So wait I'm an opening act and I'll be doing something in your concert?"
 
Ne. Remember you won these auditons for being a back-up. But I know you'll do fine."
 
"Oh... right. I knew that. Now come on. The others are waiting."
 
***
 
From the past two days, it was non-stop practice. No surprise Eun-Mi got the moves down in a snap. With all our hard work, the day of our concert was about to begen. With Eun-Mi as our opening act, the crowd has never been so pumped. Everytime I looked back stage, Eun-Mi would smile and wave at me. I'd do the same in return.
 
It was then we were going to perform Lightless. We told our fans to turn off all their lights in order to do the stage. It was completly dark. As I was getting into position, I quickly grabbed Eun-Mi's hand and brought her center stage with me.
 
"Yoseob, what are you doing? I shouldn't be here." she said panicing.
 
"I know, but I want to do something." I said calming her down.
 
"But your fans..."
 
"It's dark here, no one can see us."
 
"Your mic..."
 
"It's off. No one can hear us. Now hush. Before the lights go on again." (A/N: haha song title word play :p)
 
I leaned in and placed my lips over Eun-Mi's gently. No ones needs to see this or know about it. This was something only she and I should know about. And I couldn't think a better way to remember this concert. After we realeased, I heard Eun-Mi whisper 'saranghae.' She then left the stage when the music begen to play. I couldn't stop smiling. From that moment, I realized my life had just gotten a whole lot better.
 
** 2 WEEKS LATER **
Eun-Mi POV
Father's funeral was located in Korea in order for the entire family to attend. And because he passed away, mother, Mi-Sun, Soo-Jin, and Soo-Min now have to move back to Korea. BEAST and BIGBANG attended the funeral as well. Knowing the fact that Chun-Hei and I both broke the promise, we both regret the choice we made. We know father wouldn't be happy but it's like he said. He only wanted us to live a happy life.
 
As I watched the sunset with Yoseob that day, it occured to me that I never knew what my father was writing. He had five journals. I remembered, surprisingly, he finished four in four months, who knows whatever happened to the last one. But at the same time. I thought how my life was going to be from now on. You would think my problems had all dissappeared by now. Unfortunately, this is only the begenning. I know there will be trouble. 
 
I rested my head on Yoseob's shoulder. Then said, "Do we have to announce our relationship public?"
 
"Well we don't have to but we can... why do you ask?"
 
"Just wondering." I sighed. "I thought that's what you were going to do when you pulled me center stage at the concert."
 
"Are that worried about it?"
 
"Ani... I'm not."
 
"Princess you don't need to lie to me. Just tell me how you're feeling."
 
"I'm not lying." Yoseob then looked at me with a 'I-know-you're-lying' face. "Okay fine but I'm not worried. I'm just scared of what might happened if your fans found out. I don't want to be the reason why they won't support you guys anymore."
 
"Ah come on Eun-Mi don't say that. Everything will be fine. Besides they would have to think twice if they had a plan to get rid of you?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"If they hurt you, they'll cause me to be sad. And no one wants to see BEAST's visual maknae sad."
 
I smiled. "I guess that makes me less scared now. But what I'd the media find out?"
 
"Aigoo princess, I thought we discussed this, no more unnecessary or additional questions." He placed his arm around me. "Don't think about anything like that. The point is that we are happy being together."
 
"Okay I understand."
 
After watching the moon take the sun's place, Yoseob took me home. Or in this case my new home. Mother had gotten an apartment by the help of uncle.
 
A couple days later, I was officially part of the Cube family. It was also the same day I got accepted to my dream college which was actually back at the states. For the sake of my father, who wanted me to go to college in the first place, I decided to go. Of course the CEO understood my decision. So I had to hold off performing with Cube until after graduation but I'll still be able to practice with them when I find the time.
 
***
 
As I was going through my father's stuff one night, I found one of his journals. I didn't want to read it but I couldn't resist. I only read one page. And this was the first sentence: I hate my life. After reading that page I never saw it again till it was my mother's funeral. I had recived the same journal by my father's firend. I read it again. The story's begenning gave me a surpise. As I read it once more, it all started when I saw that poster.