Chapter 11

Hate You, Then Love You

Eun-Mi POV
Why am I feeling this way? When this girl, who is clearly and supposingly our waitress is flirting with Yoseob. This can't be jealousy. I don't even like him. I mean I see him in a fiend type way but that's not the point. I have fury. I've never felt this way as long as I could remember. The last time I had this feeling was when one of the girls I hated was talking to my ex and he actually liked talking to her. Just like now. I see Yoseob talking to the waitress. Then again he's an idol. Doesn't he have to be nice to everyone anyway? Yoseob is in public, so maybe I'm just overreacting... but still why do I have this feeling in the first place? It wasn't till after we got our bill for me to talk. Or better yet for me to even start my story. Stupid waitress. You're not getting a very nice trip.

"Maybe we should talk about this in a more private place." I said, hopefully to do this another time.

"Yeah, shall we go to your room then?" Yoseob asked. "No one will bother us there, right? Oh wait, your sister is in there, isn't she?"

"Ani, my sister's out." I then realized that I should of just made up a lie.

"Great after we pay we can go up." he said. "That's fine right? Because you know it's better to tell now the never."

"... right.' I faked smiled. "How's about we just leave the money here and just go."

"Alright whatever works for you."

Yoseob offered to pay the whole thing, but I said we at least split it. I payed half he payed the other. As for the tip, not so much. After paying, we both had the same idea of just running out. If we didn't, I think those waiters would if stopped us and we would have a 'chat'. When we neared the exit, I was then feeling nervous again. The thoughts of his fanclub made me realize how bad this night could get any worse.

"Don't worry princess, none of the fans will come and attack us. They'll keep their distance."

Maybe not at you... "How do you know that?" I asked, looking at him. "How do you know that none of them will come up to me and say—"

"Princess, you worry too much." Yoseob laughed. "Can't you trust me?'

I was silent. Sure, I trust him. But crazy fans? They can be an angry mob for all I know. Also, there's another thing that's been on y mind. Why do I feel like I'm always safe with him? The first was when we first held hands. The second, he told me to stay close as we arrived to the restaurant. and now, leaving. I can't believe this but I really, really trust him. Is it okay to trust an idol?

"You'll be fine. I promise as I you back, I wont let anyone touch your pretty little face." Yoseob smiled and held out his hand. 'Shall we princess?"

Again with the hesitation as I reached for his hand. Once more I felt his grip, having the protection he promised. The way he talked to me was just so calm and no matter how hard I try to get rid of him, Yoseob will just take charge and do what he wants to do. Something I wouldn't expect from a boy. He is different...

"Alright, you ready?" Yoseob asked.

"As I'll ever be..." I said and squeezed his hand.

Like last time, I did stay close. Mostly I had my head down. I then holding onto his arm. When I did that, I felt his arm go around my waist., which caused me to get even more closer. How did that happen? Now I really felt safe but this isn't how I wanted him to do it.I shouldn't even be doing this. What if someone took a photo and it was a cover story and father saw it? Chun-Hei and Soo-Jin would never let me leave this down. Mi-Sun and Soo-Min would be disappointed. I hope we make it without making a scene.

My head was still down so I didn't really see who was outside. I was guessing we were seen by a couple of his fans because I had heard him say, "Please no pictures. I would really appreciate it." I knew those fans were probably unhappy seeing me tugging on to Yoseob's arm like a little five year old. Whispers of questions came from everyone around us. "Who is that girl?" "Yoseob has a girlfriend?" Little did they know I wanted to punch every one of their sorry little faces. People just get the wrong idea. It wasn't before long till we reached the elevator. I didn't notice till Yoseob had called my name for the third time.

"See? I kept my promise. And no one laid a finger on you." Yoseob said.

"Yeah... komawo." I said shyly.

"Were you really that scared? You were hanging onto me pretty tight."

"Sorry, did I hurt you?"

"Ani I was just wondering."

"Well, ne, to be honest, I was a little scared but like you said, you kept your promise. I really am thankful."

"Not a problem princess."

He still calls me princess and I haven't said anything for him to stop it. Does that mean I like  it? It can't be. Am I really a princess to him?We got to my floor and headed to my room. Luckily we didn't run into anyone this time. I got out my key and as soon as we both entered  the room I had shut the door quickly.

"We made it." I said as I laid on my bed.

 
Yoseob came over and sat next me. As he looked around the room he said, "You really got hooked up didn't you? Lucky girl."
 
"I'm not lucky." I sat up.
 
"Yes you are. But let's put that aside."
 
I thought about it for a minute then caught on. "Oh... it's my turn. Fine ask away."
 
He just went straight to the point. "Why did you suddenly change? The first time we met, you were mean, but the second time you were nice. Why change? And tell me honestly."
Yoseob was staring right into my eyes. It was so hard to look at him.
 
"I... Well... It's because I reason to act that way. My father made me and my sister's to never date idols. So when I found out were in Beast I had to find a way to not get myself involved with you guys. I know it was wrong but I just couldn't take any chances."
 
"I get it. But what was with the sudden change? How does that fit in?"
 
"Before we went out to lunch today, you remember, I tried to call my sister but someone bumped into me. She told me to act nicer and give you guys a chance. And if I didn't like you I would tell you kindly to leave me alone."
 
"You know, you could of just said that originally before all of this happened..."
 
He was right. I could of but I didn't... "I... I know. I wasn't thinking at the time. I'm sorry I wasn't fully honest with you in the first place." 
 
"Well you told me now. And that's all that matters."
 
"You're not mad?"
 
"Why would I be mad at you?"
 
"People usually get mad when they find out things like this don't they?"
 
"Um maybe... I don't know." He saw me look down and lifted my chin, which caused me to have butterflies in my stomach. "Why do you worry so much? You don't need to put yourself down all the time."
 
I was silent.
 
"Princess is this the real you?"
 
Again I was silent. I had no idea what to say now. Nervous I was, I just needed to get a grip of something before anything else happens Control Eun-Mi control...
 
"I like the real you." Yoseob said with a smile. "It's better for the fake Eun-Mi to  not exist anymore."
 
"Wae?" was all I said.
 
"You ticklish?"
 
"Um... Ne..."
 
Yoseob smirked and started to attack by tickling me.
 
"Yoseob... w-why... are you... doing this?" I asked in between breaths.
 
"It's an icebreaker." he said.
 
"Please... s-stop it... I can't... can't take it."
 
Of course he didn't listen. Seriously why is he doing this? How is this an icebreaker? I tried getting away from him but it was just impossible, till I finally got a hold of his hands. Yoseob tried to fight back.
 
"How much longer can you hold back?" Yoseob asked teasingly.
 
"Long enough for me to catch my breath." I panted.
 
""That's not very long Princess."
 
"Oh yeah, well let's see how you like it?" I lunged toward him but now he was the one trying to hold me back. "It's my turn now."
 
I tried my best to tickle him back. Still, I feel like we were acting like children and I didn't mind. For some reason, I actually wanted to do this. Was it fun I needed or was it because I wanted  someone to be with me?
 
I knew I wasn't going to win at this game but I tried one more time. Instead of being held back, Yoseob had let go of me which I didn't expect at all. I ended up leaning towards him but I got  a hold of his shoulder to prevent me from getting any closer.
 
"Are you okay Eun-Mi?" he asked me.
 
All I did was nod my head. I was shocked to hear him say my name this entire evening. This was just like all those other times before. A boy annoys me, gives me a pet name, and when something like this happens, he calls me by my real name. For me, this was usually a sign that the boy is my next lover. I shouldn't be surprised by all of this but this is Yoseob we're talking about. None of this should happen. I can't love him.
 
Slowly I looked up at him, not knowing I was really close to him. We stared into each others eyes. All you could hear was us breathing after all the laughter we just had. My heart was pounding faster every second. Before I knew it, we were leaning towards each other. No, I can't kiss him. Plus this was last step of that sign. I can't fall in love with Yoseob. Why can't I stop? Please someone stop me!
 
We were so close to having lip contact, but someone had knocked on the door. I was thinking it was Chun-Hei, but she wasn't going to be back for awhile. Then again, why she even knock? Doesn't she have a key? The person knocked again and I still haven't moved from my spot.
 
"Um... Eun-Mi... I think you should get that." Yoseob said.
 
"R-Right..." I quickly got up and opened the door. There stood a bellhop with a package.
 
"Sorry to disturb your evening miss." he bowed.
 
"Oh no its not a problem." I sighed.
 
"Lee Eun-Mi?" I nodded and he handed the package to me. "This came in for you. Enjoy the rest your night." he bowed again, then left.
 
"I'll try to." I mumbled as I closed the door. Then I sat back down next to Yoseob and placed the package on my lap. I opened it and I couldn't believe my eyes. 
 
Yoseob and I talked a little more but then he had to leave. After he left, I just sat quietly on my bed. The only thing I was thinking about was what had almost happened: the kiss. Not even the thing I got in the package got my mind off it.
 
Aigoo... Yoseob, why did you do this to me? Why did you almost kiss me? I told you about my father's promise, yet you barely placed your lips on mine. 
 
Or was it vice versa? I don't know what I'm going to to do anymore. Now whenever I'll see him, I'll feel awkward. I know he'll feel the same way. I just can't talk to him anymore. It's for the best. I can't even look at him.
 
Well it was nice knowing you, Yoseob... Wished that hug lasted...