Chapter 15

Hate You, Then Love You

Yoseob POV
Even though I wasn't allowed to date Eun-Mi, it still felt like it. I was glad there was no more awkwardness. The only thing that bothered me was that Hyunseung was now bragging that he knew from the start that I loved Eun-Mi. 
Every time he brought it up, I just wanted to get some duck tape and put it over his mouth. On the other hand Doojoon's been able to shut him up for me. So I have no more problems. From the past weeks. I've been able to hang out with Eun-Mi more each day.

***
 
During the time she was in the top 20, I had confessed the whole story on how I knew her.
 
"So in other words you were a stalker." she joked.
 
"Aniyo! I swear!" I said.
 
"Sure stalkers don't have a picture  of who they want to 'meet'"
 
"Well would you rather have Gikwang stalk you instead?"
 
Eun-Mi opened but no words came out. She thought about it and said, "Well—"
 
"Don't answer that." I said interrupting her.
 
"You didn't even know what I was going to say."
 
"But you had to think about it. That means you probably wouldn't mind if he did."
 
"So? That doesn't mean I don't love you."
 
"You still do right?" I asked stupidly.
 
All I got was a giggle out of her as a reply. Eun-Mi then grabbed my hand and we continued to walk around town. We headed to the dorm but took the 'long' way. I guess you can call this alone time. Before we went to the dorm, Eun-Mi ha to visit her sister, Chun-Hei who I met for the first time. As I was being introduced, Chun-Hei had pulled Eun-Mi aside. The conversation did not look good. After we left, I had asked Eun-Mi what was wrong. She had tears come out of her eyes.
 
"It's nothing. I'm fine. Can we go?" she didn't look up at me.
 
"Princess, we are not leaving till I see you smile again." I said as I stopped her from walking. "Tell me what's wrong."
 
She sighed. "Chun-Hei... She broke our father's promise... I never thought she would—" she came towards me for confront and started to cry.
 
"It'll be alright."
 
"Aniyo. It won't be. Because of what she did she could be beaten up by my father and I don't want that to happen. I mean she's going to have to tell him sooner or later. It'll be be bad I tell you. He might change up his promise into a demand... Then I won't be able to see you again."
 
After hearing those words, my heart sank a little. It also made me want to cry. When Eun-Mi calmed down, I managed to get her to smile again. We continued to walk and ended at the dorm. As we sat down withthe others, Eun-Mi allowed me to explain why she was sad. MinJee had noticed Eun-Mi's eyes were puffy.
 
"Your sister's got some nerve." Junhyung said after I finished. "Why would she break it in the first place?"
 
"Not to mention she's the oldest out of... um how many sisters do you have?" Hyunseung asked.
 
"I'm the second oldest out of five." Eun-Mi answered.
 
"You have four sister?" Gikwang asked with widen eyes. 
 
"I thought you only had two." MinJee said.
 
"You're not the youngest? You look like it." Dongwoon said.
 
"Everyone thinks that." Eun-Mi sighed.
 
"It's too bad you can't date Yoseob. You and him something in common." Doojoon laughed.
 
"I know but all I can say to my family is that he's just a firend." Eun-Mi placed and rested her head on my shoulder.
 
We continued to talk till the sky drew darker. Eun-Mi decided to stay for the night because she didn't want to see Chun-Hei for what she did. As the others went to bed, I remained with Eun-Mi.
 
"What if I don't make the final act." she asked suddenly. "I'm scared if I don't."
 
"You'll make it. With your talent, I'm 100% sure." I answered.
 
"What if something happens to me? Like... I don't know... one of your fans try to get me out of the auditions."
 
"Why would they do that?"
 
She shrugged then sighed. "Some of the other contestants hate me because I hang out with you guys... especially you."
 
"Stop worrying Princess, you'll be fine. I'm in the same room as you and them. They wouldn't do anything as long I'm around."
 
"Yeah, when you're around. If you're gone, they could attack me at any moment."
 
I laughed a little, but saw that she was really serious. In fact, I have been noticing some of the contestants giving Eun-Mi looks. I don't want them touching a single hair on her.
 
"Okay, then how's about if I'm not around you, I make one of my members to be around you. That way you're always protected."
 
"Am I a precious jewel to you?"
 
"Ne, but beautiful and the brightest one there is." I saw her blush a little. "So are you satisfied? Will you stop worrying now?"
 
"Ne." she nodded and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Gomawo."
 
I was glad she was happy but it was hard for her sleep. So I sang to her. It wasn't long till she rested her head on my shoulder. Her breath were slow and calm. I made sure she was fast asleep so that I could go to my room. As I tried to get up, I realized that I was stuck. Eun-Mi had linked arms with me. I didn't want to wake her and felt bad if I just left her alone here, so I stayed. I quietly got the closes blanket and wrapped it around us. Then resented my head on hers and fell asleep.
 
***
 
Now it's the week of the top ten. Up to this week, I have kept my promise (and still am) so that Eun-Mi is protected from the other contestants. I was basically around her the whole time but as for personal business I asked the others to take over. Gikwang was always the first to volunteer but I only allowed him to do it once and made him wait till everyone else had a turn. After the auditions for the day were over, I waited for her, so that she could leave Cube and I could practice. But she wanted to stay.
 
"You don't mind staying for another two or three hours." I asked looking concerned of her condition. 
 
"I don't mind at all." she answered. "Wae?"
 
"You seem out of it. Are you sure you don't want to go home?"
 
"I'll be fine."
 
"Okay come on. You're lying. Princess just tell me."
 
She sighed. "Alright, maybe there is something bothering me... Since I'm in the top ten, I feel like there's a whole lot of pressure. Sometimes I feel like these auditions are really just a big contest. The next task is to do a performance. In front of an audience. This is only the semi-finals. Plus I only have three weeks to prepare. And I don't think I can do it."
 
"You'll do great. I know you will. How's about I help you?" I offered. "It'll be less stressful."
 
"Anio... I want to do this by myself. You're already an idol. It wouldn't be fair for the others..."
 
"Princess I think you're just over thinking it. All you need is a break from all this..."
 
"Drama?"
 
"I was going to say stress."
 
We enterned the practice room. Eun-Mi sat to the side with MinJee. After practicing for two striaght hours, I truned to see Eun-Mi for the first time and saw her sleeping. Her head on MinJee's shoulder as she tool slow deep breaths. We all came over to them.
 
"She was knocked out ten minutes after you guys started practice." MinJee said. "I guess it's my fault... I told her to just close her eyes. I guess she ended up falling asleep."
 
"It's okay MinJee." I said. "Eun-Mi needs rest. She's going to need it."
 
"Oh yeah. She made the top ten." Gikwang said. "Eun-Mi must be stressed."
 
"Now she knows how we idols feel sometimes." Junhyung said.
 
"Give the girl a break." Hyunseung said. "She didn't know. Her father just didn't give a very good explaination."
 
"So what do we do now?" MinJee asked. "I would move but I don't want to—"
 
Eun-Mi startedto move but her eyes remaind closed. "Appa..." she mumbled and was back asleep.
 
"I bet she misses her family." Dongwoon said. "Maybe she should go back to the states to just recollect herself."
 
"Yeah but I don't see—" I snapped my figures. "On second thought Dongwoon, that's a good idea."
 
"What are you talking about Yoseob?" Hyunseung asked. "Are you hatching another plan?"
 
"Sort of. But you guys don't have to do anything. I'll take care of it."
 
"If you say so." Doojoon said. "Come on guys another hour and we'll be done."
 
***
 
A week and a half later, I noticed Eun-Mi still feeling stress. She would be struggling to prepare her performance and has been over sleeping. I'm really worried about her. That's why sending her and her sister back home for a bit will make Eun-Mi feel better. Eun-Mi's never been away from her parents for sonlong before. I hope she agrees to do this.
 
I talked to our CEO and he agreed with me. He too has noticed that Eun-Mi was stress and had moved the date of preparation for seven weeks instead of three. As I told Eun-Mi this, she had a sigh of relief and was thankful for what I did.
 
"Well at least I'll be going home but what am I going to do?" she sighed. "Chun-Hei has finally decided to tell our father about what she did. This could be my last chance to see you." she then looked down.
 
"Hey, look at me." I lifted her chin. "Look at me. Don't think that. No matter what happens we'll be together. I promise."
 
"You promise to be with me in any situation? No matter how far apart we are? No matter what's going on?" she asked.
 
I pulled her closer to me. "For everything in the world, I will only wait for you."
 
We leaned towards each other, getting ready for a kiss but Gikwang had cut in saying it was time to leave.
 
***
 
A couple days later, Eun-Mi and her sister left for the states. I was glad she was seeing her family again but I was sad that she wasn't here with me. Everytime I looked at the calendar. I felt like the days went by slower. She said she would be back in two weeks. Why am I worrying? Maybe her father forbid her from coming back. No that can't be. She's in the top ten. Still I had all these questions and possibilities. That's till one night, I got a phone call.