Chapter 17

Hate You, Then Love You

Yoseob POV
Eun-Mi? I sat up quickly and looked at my members who were all fast asleep. I got out of bed and moved to a different room so that I didn't wake them.

"Anyio, it's fine. Is everything okay?" I asked as I the light. 

"Well, not excatly... something happened to my family."

This doesn't sound good. "What is it? I'm listening."

"My father's in the hospital and might die... I don't know if I should go back for the auditions... and I'm not joking this time..."

"You have to come back. You're in the top ten. It's almost over. Youre so close."

"But. The way my family is taking it. I don't know if I should."

"Oh Eun-Mi. I'm sorry for your lost I wish I could comfort you."
 
"It's alright you're talking to me right now I already feel better..."
 
The sound in her voice started to tremble. I heard her sniff a little. I wish ther was something.
 
"I know you never met him, and you can only judge him by the promise he made me swear to," she continued. "But really... he was the best supporting dad that anyone could asked for..."
 
"Then do it for him." I said.
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"Finish these auditions for your father, he knows you're talented. I bet he would be happy if you won right?"
 
Eun-Mi soon gave in and decided to come back. After finishing our conversation, I went to be. Now I couldn't sleep. She's coming back. I just couldn't wait for her arrival again.
 
***
 
When Eun-Mi arrived, we were all there to greet her. I expected her to be sad but she did keep her promise. She looked happy and didn't show any signs of sadness. It didn't seem she didn't want me to mention what happened to her father to the others because when MinJee noticed Eun-Mi's eyes were a little puffy and asked me if anything happened, Eun-Mi looked at me and shook her head. 
 
Eun-Mi wanted to go someplace to rest but we had a little surpise party waiting for her at the dorm. Unfortunalty, everything wasn't ready so everyone choose me as the "distraction". Not that I didn't mind. As the others left Eun-Mi asked, "Why are they leaving?"
 
"Don't worry about them." I said as I patted her head. "Come on let's do something together."
 
"But I'm tired. Can't we just go to the dorm. I have her lag again."
 
"I know Princess. But you have been away from me for too long. We have some catching up to do."
 
"I was only gone for two weeks."
 
I chuckled and grabbed her hand. "You're not going to rest till we do something. Kaja."
 
"Yah! Yang Yoseob! Wait a sec!" she looked at me. "Can we just take things easy then. Please I'm really—"
 
I know she was tired and that she needed rest but I'm the distraction till everything is ready. So to make her stop talking, I gave her kiss on the lips. "Can we go now?"
 
She slowly nodded her head and we left the airport. I think she was in a daze for a minute because I had to keep calling her name to see if she was paying any attention. That was definitely not from jet lag. Then I realized it was my first time Eun-Mi kissed. Maybe that's why she feels a little out of it. I'm surpised myself that I did that. Well it was only thing to keep her quiet. Or could there been a different way...
 
We continued to walk after the taxi dropped us off. Eun-Mi had fallen asleep along the way, so I had to wake her up before I for our. Not only was Eun-Mi tried but she was complaint that it was hot. I didn't argue with her. We decided to get some ice cream. By the time we finish here, I bet we could go back to the dorm. While eating our ice cream in silence, Eun-Mi asked again why the others left so suddenly.
 
"You'll see why soon enough." I answered.
 
"Aigoo, I don't like these games. Please don't make me beg."
 
"Sorry Princess, you're going to have to wait till we get back to the dorm. And don't even think about leaving to go back right now."
 
"Fine. I won't argue. I'll be a good girl and just go what you say."
 
"Thats my princess." I laughed. "So how's your family? Everything okay?"
 
"I hope so. My younger sisters aren't taking it so well. My mother... worst..."
 
"Ah I see. I know you'll want all the support, so you can always come to us."
 
"Gomawo." Eun-Mi was about to say something else till my phone buzzed. I had recived a message from Gikwang saying it was time to come. It took them long enough though.
 
"Ah we can go now. Did you want to finish what you were going I say?" I asked.
 
"Ani... I guess it could wait. It's not really important." she said. (A/N: or is it...)
 
"Alright then. Kaja."
 
It wasn't long till we got back to the dorm. I sent Gikwang a text that Eun-Mi and I were arriving soon. I opened the door. Eun-Mi stepped in.
 
"Why is it so dark in here?" she asked. 
 
When I closed the door, the lights .
 
"SURPISE!"
 
Eun-Mi almost fell backwards but I kept her balanced. MinJee held the cake and approached Eun-Mi.
 
"Welcome back to Korea!" MinJee greeted.
 
"What's this?" Eun-Mi looked at me. "Is this why you kept me out?"
 
"Everything was last minute. So everything wasn't really in order." Doojoon answered.
 
"We needed more time to set up and the only way to keep you out for so long was to have Yoseob distract you from coming in." Gikwang added.
 
"Well, you really had me fooled." Eun-Mi said. "You guys are the best!"
 
***
 
Day after day, Eun-Mi would come to Cube, even though there wasn't really practice for her. While we practiced, Eun-Mi sat to the side trying to think. I could tell she was having frustration (considering how many scribbles she made an the amount of paper was torn out.) It was then she finally realized she did new help but not from us. Eun-Mi had someone else in mind.
 
After getting help, Eun-Mi finally had her song submitted. All she needed now was to learn the dance moves. No surpise, Eun-Mi was the first to get her song ready.
 
***
 
With a week left till the semi-finals, Eun-Mi was done. She felt confident that her performance was the at best. She looked less stressful now. I was happy that she was done.
 
"You are going to be there right?" Eun-Mi asked as we were walking in the halls. "Because if you're not—"
 
"Princess, you'll know I'll be there." I told her. "Even if I didn't want to go, I have to be there anyway."
 
"Well you better. The only reason why I didn't feel nervous during the singing part was because I only pictured myself in the room."
 
"Really? Then do that with the audience as well. Picture yourself and me."
 
"Okay I'll do that, but please be there before I go on stage."
 
"Don't worry. I will."
 
***
 
Acouple days passed when the top ten finalist were ready for their performances. The only problem with this day was that I couldn't see Eun-Mi till I got there. She keeps telling me that the other contestants were going to lock her up in a room so she wouldn't be able to perform. Now Eun-Mi's got believing it too. I couldn't sit still on the way there. What if something really did happen to her and that she could be disqualified? Everyone tried to keep me calm but nothing worked.
 
Due to being so nervous, I went to the bathroom ten minutes before Eun-Mi's arrival. I shouldn't even feel this way. I'm here for observation and support. But thinking of Eun-Mi has me worried. Maybe I'm just over reacting. I had forgotten I was gone for so long when Gikwang texted me telling it was Eun-Mi's turn to go on. Little did I know someone had locked the door on me.