Chapter 7

Far From Paradise

What?!” everyone in the room practically yelled.

Hoya threw his hands up. “What did I tell you? I didn't do it. Glad you guys got that through your head.”

“Oh my God! You've proven that he's innocent but not me?! Seriously?” Sungjong pointed to Hoya, then to himself and flipped his hair dramatically.

 

There aren't enough words in the dictionary to explain what I'm feeling. Hoya...Hoya...of all people. I was Eunjo unni's best friend! Why would I kill her?! But yet, the one wanting to take my innocence, is proven innocent. He was at the top of my list but now I don't even know anymore.

Reality slapped me in the face as I realized that there is still a murderer in this confinement home. It might not be Hoya, but it is someone in here. How could I let myself get so careless and start to get attached to these people?

 

I looked around the room and I couldn't imagine any one of these boys to be a murderer. It's not that they didn't look threatening at times, but they didn't look homicidal.

I shook my head.

Maybe the police have it all wrong. Maybe all of the people trapped in here are innocent. I refuse to believe that someone like Sungjong would kill someone. Or Sungyeol. They're just too childish to be a killer.

And Myungsoo. He's so caring. And Dongwoo. He's so sweet. And Sunggyu. He's so gentle. And Woohyun. He's so....I don't know anything about that guy except he looks so suspicious and jumpy at times.

Maybe he...

 

“Wait, does this mean I can leave now?!” Hoya smiled. “I've been dying to see some sunlight.”

“Sorry,” the man said.

His smile faded. “What? You just proved me innocent. I have no right to be here.”

“The documents clearly state that you must be confined for a minimum of 90 days. After that 90 days, you're free to leave.”

Hoya just stared at the monitor, dumbfounded.

Oh my ing God!” he yelled and stormed out of the room.

For some reason, my image of Hoya changed. He didn't look so scary to me anymore. Maybe it was the fact that he's innocent and all he is now is just a ually frustrated, buff guy.

 

After the announcements were over, I made my way out of the living room and back to my bedroom, ignoring the voices calling my name.

Being told someone else was innocent for something I was innocent for, was like getting rejected.

We all know that feeling, right? Wanting something so bad, but when the opportunity comes, you get let down. That's what I was feeling.

 

The new shower times were posted and there was an hour gap between them for dinner. I was a little wary about the dinner. Who knows what will happen? In addition, there was Hoya's cranky mood we had to deal with. Dinner was definitely something I won't be looking forward to. That's for sure.

Luckily, I had the last shower time now so I didn't have to worry about showering for too long. So tonight would be my last night taking a less than 30 minute shower. That was one plus to all this.

 

After my shower, I lazily kicked open the door to my room, forgetting to close it. My thoughts were all a jumbled mess. I needed to sort out how I felt with Hoya. I wasn't sure if I should hate him for being a jerk, like him for being hot, or associate with him for my own state of mind. He is the only innocent one now. Maybe hanging out with him more would ease my mind a little. But that would be a little hard since it's Lee Hoya we're talking about here.

 

It was quiet in my room as I was brushing my hair, when suddenly I heard my door click close. I jumped and whirled around. Myungsoo was standing there with a finger to his lips.

I ran to him and hit him on the arm.

“Oh my God! You scared me! Don't do that!” I half whispered.

“Sorry, I didn't want to wake anyone, especially Hoya. He'll beat me up for sure.”

“What are you doing here?”

“You looked really upset today. I wanted to see if you were okay.”

I smiled a little. “Thanks, I'm fine. Just...overwhelmed. Aren't you feeling anything from the announcement?”

“Only that I'm scared less about the dinner. I'm not anticipating that at all.”

“Not about Hoya being innocent?”

“Oh that. We just gotta believe in the investigators to solve this murder. We didn't do it, and we're standing by our word. We just have to have some faith in them. Police these days are smart. They'll figure it out.”

“I sure hope so...”

 

It was quiet except for our breathing.

Myungsoo stepped closer and touched the ends of my hair.

“Your hair is still wet, you're going to get sick,” he whispered.

“No I won't. My immune system is like steel.”

“Don't get so cocky,” he chuckled and picked up my towel that I left on the dresser.

He started to dry my hair with a small grin plastered to his lips.

He looked happy.

I stared up at him as I studied his features. The dim light in the room complimented his complexion a lot and his side profile was perfect. He's seriously the most handsome being I've ever seen.

“That's a little better, isn't it?” he asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Huh? Oh, yeah. It is. Thank you.”

He just smiled as a response.

 

Myungsoo's expression softened a little and it turned blank. He leaned in closer to me and I was for certain he was going to kiss me but instead he turned off the light switch which was behind me.

“Do you think these cameras can see in the dark?” he whispered, hot breath on my cheek.

“Probably...if it couldn't, then there would be no point.”

“That's true. You don't think they'd mind if I spent the night with you, right?”

I blinked up at him. “What?!”

“Bomi, you look like you need to be comforted. I can do that for you if you let me.”

It was true. After all of this, what I need is a hug. Someone to tell me that everything will be alright. That things will go back into place soon.

But I knew that wasn't a good idea. Myungsoo still is in fact a suspect. Call me a coward if you want but I was definitely not going to reject his offer. As stupid as it might seem, I'm starting to have feelings for this man named Kim Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo took my silence as an okay and placed his hands on my hips. He pulled me close to him and slowly pushed me towards my bed.

One part of me was saying, you're so stupid, he could be the one that killed your best friend.

Another part was saying, he's gorgeous and sweet, just one night wouldn't hurt.

 

We slid underneath my covers and he slept on side closest to the door. I turned to face to other way, not wanting to look at him. I didn't want to tempt him in any way.

He slung and arm around my waist and it made me warm inside.

“Don't worry, Bomi-ah. Everything's going to turn out alright. I promise.”

I smiled. That's what I needed.

Reassurance.

Myungsoo pulled me closer and I could feel his heartbeat on my back.

“Good night.”

“Night,” I whispered back.

 

That was the best sleep I've had in a long time.

But I couldn't ignore the itching feeling in my mind telling me that something was definitely not right.

 

=============

i bet this chapter makes you Team Hoya people feel a little better.

i have a question....

who do you hope will take her first kiss?! XD

i already have someone in mind, but if a certain member gets lots of 'hopes' i might take that into consideration.