Chapter 17

Far From Paradise

Myungsoo continued to hug me as I cried. I was pretty sure that I was wetting his shirt but he didn't seem to care. He just whispered soothing words to me.

We heard a door open and Hoya walked out with a yawn. He spotted us and stopped his tracks.

“I thought you were...” he started to say. His face became angry and he walked back into his room.

“Thank you Myungsoo. I think it's time for us to be in bed now.”

He nodded. “I agree. Good night,” he whispered and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

I sighed as he walked me to my room. I jumped on my bed and buried my face into the pillow. I thought about Hoya's angry face and I knew for sure that the next day was definitely not going to be a pretty one.

 

And I was right.

The first thing I had to deal with was the bickering going on in the living room.

I stood in the shadow of the hallway and listened.

“Shouldn't we just have her figure it out herself?” Sungyeol asked.

“That's killing her, obviously,” Dongwoo said.

“I say she's mine. I kissed her first,” Woohyun blurted with confidence.

“I kissed her twice,” Myungsoo said next.

“Wait, what?!” Sunggyu yelled.

“What about you, tall ?” Hoya asked.

“Don't look at me. She didn't even kiss me back. I'm not in this little debate.”

“And you diva?”

“I haven't kissed her...why are you asking me?”

“Lies,” they all said in unison.

“I think you all are forgetting the fact that someone in here is a murderer.” Sunggyu pointed out.

“Okay that's true. But we all fell for her. I don't think any of us are going to kill her,” Sungyeol said.

“Well one of us definitely can't be with her because they'll be in jail,” Woohyun said.

“Not me!” Hoya sang. I could already picture his smug expression.

“Tch...” someone scoffed.

 

I cleared my throat and they all turned to look at me.

“What's going on here?” I asked.

It was quiet.

Dongwoo shoved Hoya forward. “You talk. You're the one that called this little meeting.”

Hoya glared at Dongwoo before talking. “Seriously, Bomi-ah. Just pick one.”

Myungsoo pulled him back. “Stop being so blunt.”

“Fine. Which one of us do you like? It's obvious you have feelings for more than one. I don't want to waste my time falling for you harder and harder and see you with someone else the very next day. I can't take it anymore. Give me a definite answer.”

“Give us a definite answer,” Woohyun corrected.

“So what you're saying is you want me to pick right this second?”

“No, we can wait if you-” Dongwoo was cut off by Hoya.

“Yes.”

 

There were 3 different ways I could go with this.

      1. Choose the safe route and choose Hoya because he's innocent.

      2. Follow my heart and pick the one I have fallen the most for.

      3. Pick none.

Either choice isn't going to end well, so I choose 3.

 

“I...can't. I can't pick. I'm sorry. I'd rather not be with any of you if I can't somehow have all of you. Maybe not the romantic way but just to be close.”

“How selfish,” Hoya muttered and looked away.

I stared intensively at him and yelled, “Fine!”

 

I locked eyes with everyone for a second before I looked down and started walking forward.

“I promised myself since day one that I wouldn't get close to anyone. That I would get through this alone but that was a lot harder that I thought. I'm a such coward to all of you. I admit I should've stood my ground from the beginning. But what happens, happens.”

I stopped in front of Hoya, too afraid to make any eye contact. I could feel his burning gaze on me. I slipped through between him and Woohyun to go to Myungsoo.

I took his hand and intertwined our fingers.

He smiled at me with that same crooked smile, showing me the dimple I adored so much.

 

Sunggyu kicked the couch in anger.

Myungsoo pulled us together for a hug and whispered, “You choose me?”

“I choose you.”

He grabbed my face and kissed me with such force that it caught me by surprise.

I pulled away and looked around. Everyone had left the room by then.

Hoya looked back at us from the hallway with an expression that I would never forget for as long as I live.

 

I was drying my hair after my shower when someone knocked on my door.

I opened it and Sunggyu stood there with a pleading look.

“Anyone Bomi. Anyone but him. Please.”

I was shocked.

“Just...please. It doesn't even have to be me. Choose someone else.”

“Why?” I asked, folding my arms. He better tell me something or else I'm going to go nuts.

“Bomi...listen to me.”

“No, you won't tell me anything so why should I listen to you?!”

“Because it's not my secret to tell!” he yelled.

“What secret?!” I yelled back.

As a result of our anger, we ended up panting while glaring at each other.

 

Sunggyu's face softened a little as he calmed down.

“Do what you want. I'm done protecting you.” He turned to leave.

“Protecting me from what?!”

“You'll find out yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you. This my warning.”

I slammed my door close out of anger. There he goes again coming onto me but not saying anything, leaving me empty handed again.

 

The bells started ringing and I threw my towel on my bed before reporting to the living room. Everyone came in and waited for the monitor to come on. Myungsoo sat on the couch and gestured for me to sit with him. I obliged.

Sunggyu glared at us and I gladly glared back while Woohyun tried to avoid any possible eye contact with me.

The man's face popped up and he looked worked up but was trying really hard to hide it.

 

“You all are to report back to your homes ASAP. We've already contacted your parents to meet you at the elevator. The lights will all turn off and the system will shut down so you cannot stay. Thank you for your cooperation.”

Before the monitor turned off, we heard a faint voice in the backround say, “Check the floorboards!” and then it went black.

We all looked at each other in confusion. Myungsoo's face turning white was the last thing I saw before the room became pitch black.

================

uh yeah...things are really going to get interesting now. it's all happening at once so it can have that desired impact i want. lol.

i really wish i could update more! :(