Chapter 14

Far From Paradise

I fell asleep that night with my thoughts all jumbled up, causing me to wake up every hour. I sat up, frustrated with myself and looked at the time.

3am.

I groaned and laid back down. I tossed and turned for a couple minutes before I fell into slumber once again.

I heard the door to my room shut and my eyes shot open. It was dead silent as I listened for any more movements. Light footsteps could be heard coming towards my bed. I shot up and looked around my room but it was pitch black. I couldn't see anything.

“Who's there?!” I said.

The footsteps stopped and it was dead silent again.

Cold sweat was starting to build up on my forehead.

 

Suddenly, I could hear footsteps again although they were fast like the intruder was running.

The door to my room slammed shut and I jumped.

I listened for another door to close. Once I heard it, my body relaxed a little.

Then the realization hit me. Someone had sneaked into my room, which was locked.

I started trembling a little. It took all of the courage in me to slide out of my bed and find the light switch.

I squinted my eyes from the sudden brightness and looked around my room. Everything seemed normal.

 

I slowly opened the door to my room and peeked out. The intruder incident made the dim hallway look even more intimidating and scary than normal. I gulped and stepped out. I tiptoed to Sungjong's door and knocked. It could've been him for all I know, but I was too concerned about being alone.

I heard his heavy, lazy footsteps before he opened the door.

Amazing. He even looks good when he just wakes up.

“Bomi? What are you doing here?” he asked in a croaked voice. He sounded so much manlier but he looked cute rubbing his eyes.

“Can I sleep in your room tonight? I can sleep on the floor you want. I just...don't want to be alone,” I said and looked down.

His eyes turned from tired to concerned.

“Why? What happened?”

I shivered thinking about it.

“I don't want to talk about it right now. In the morning?”

He hesitated but nodded and stepped aside so I could walk in.

 

I walked in and Sungjong started to make a small bed on the ground with his thick blanket. He placed a pillow at the top and laid down.

“No, I'm going to take the floor. This is your room.”

“How cliché. I'm guessing that I'm supposed to refuse then you get the bed then somehow I end up there with you too?”

“N-no. I didn't say that.”

“I'm just kidding,” he chuckled and stood up. “But if you insist...”

He slid underneath his covers and waited for me to get settled down on the floor before turning off the bedside lamp.

“Thanks Sungjong,” I whispered.

“Mmm...” he mumbled in reply.

I was sure he was just about asleep now so I closed my eyes, hoping I would wake up at a normal time.

 

I felt a soft pressure on my lips, causing me to halfway come back to my senses. The lips were soft and sweet. I smiled and snuggled into the warm arms of the person.

Wow, a sweet dream for a change. It's not easy getting one of these these days.

 

The next time I woke up, I was for certain that it was daytime now.

I opened my eyes and was face to face to a sleeping Sungjong.

“Omona!” I gasped and tried to scoot back but his arms were wrapped tightly around me.

I looked around and realized that I was still on the floor.

I chuckled silently remembering what he said last night.

“How cliché. I'm guessing that I'm supposed to refuse then you get the bed then somehow I end up there with you too?”

Not exactly...but close enough.

 

Then I remembered my dream.

“Wait a second...” I whispered to myself. “...was that?”

I shook my head. Sungjong's too innocent. He wouldn't kiss me. Then I thought about him dancing to Dr. Feel Good and I sighed.

Now Sungjong too?

“Aish!”

Sungjong started to stir and I froze.

He opened his eyes and blinked rapidly. The hanging lights around the room causing a dim light, made him look so young and cute.

“Omo!” he yelled and backed away. “How did I get here?!”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “I don't know Sungjong. You tell me.”

“I know what happened! You couldn't resist my iness so you pulled me down here right?”

I rolled my eyes. “Sure, sure.”

“I know I'm irresistible but you don't have to go to that extreme!”

I just shook my head with a smile and I saw Sungjong grin and blush in the corner of my eye.

 

“You want to tell me what happened last night?” he asked.

I frowned thinking about it.

“Someone came in my room while I was sleeping. And my door was locked Sungjong. Locked. How the hell did they get in there?”

“They must've had a key or they're a hell of a robber or something to be able to break a lock like that.”

“There's nothing in my room to rob.”

Sungjong pursed his lips.

“It was Hoya!” he snapped his fingers.

“What?”

“Isn't he like a gangster or something?”

“Don't be so quick to judge. It might be hard to believe but Hoya isn't as threatening as he looks. He just has a temper. And he's not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box if you know what I mean.”

Sungjong shrugged. “Sungyeol?”

I gave him a look. “Sungyeol...really? You want me to believe that choding Sungyeol would do that?”

“It's always the least likely ones. Or...the quiet ones. Woohyun?”

I just sighed and stood up. “I don't know but it's scaring me.”

 

I walked to the door and smiled. “Thanks for letting me sleep in here Sungjong.”

“It's no problem. Come anytime.”

I nodded and left. I walked straight into the bathroom to wash my face. Once I walked back out, Hoya was getting ready to come in.

“Good morning sunshine!” he smiled, showing his canine teeth.

“Morning,” I replied coldly. I was still a little mad at him and the others for their little kiss attacks at dinner.

“Awh, don't give me that look,” he pouted. “It kills me inside.”

I looked at him and couldn't help but crack a smile.

“Don't pout. It doesn't fit you.”

He pouted some more and lifted me up to spin me around.

I laughed and hit him lightly on the chest. “Put me down.”

“Only if you stop being mad at me.”

“Fine.”

He gave me a sloppy wet kiss on the cheek, causing me to scrunch my face in horror and wipe off the Hoya saliva on my face.

“Yuck...”

 

Hoya chuckled and ruffled my hair.

“Hoya...can I ask you something?”

He nodded.

“Did you by any chance come into my room last night?”

He looked at my door and shook his head. “No, why?”

“It's just that...never mind. It was probably just a dream.” I knew that happened last night was definitely not a dream but I didn't want Hoya to get involved. He'd probably run around like a crazy man trying to figure out who it was.

Hoya smirked. “Oh, I know what happened.”

“What?”

“You had a wet dream about me, didn't you? And you wanted to know if it was real or not, right? I can make it real...” he stepped closer while biting his bottom lip.

I put my hands up to stop him.

“Whoa there ert. I didn't say that.”

“Tch...couldn't even play along. Well I'm going to pee,” he said as he turned into the bathroom.

 

I shook my head at the unneeded information Hoya just gave me and walked into my room. I stepped on something hard and looked down. I couldn't make out what it was except that it was black. The intruder must've dropped it but last night I didn't notice it since I was so ready to get out of here.

My heart started racing as I bent down to pick it up. I examined the item and realized what it was...

A cover for a Canon camera lens.

============================

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~~~~~~~~~ the power of being the author. haha.

and yeah. sungjong's too innocent to have a steamy kiss scene. lol.

but anticipate sunggyu's and sungyeol's, my bebies aka my wonderful readers! :)

and a majority of you aren't on a team....so......i'm just gonna go with the flow on this story if you all dont mind.

well happy friday! (or saturday if you live on the other side of the world!)