Chapter 2

Far From Paradise

(A/N btw, i don't expect you guys to remember each members number. if any part of the story that includes numbers is important, i'll make sure to clarify which member it is!

happy reading!!)

 

I stood up and slowly walked into the hallway. There were a total of 9 doors. Four on each side with one at the end. I suppose the ninth one is the bathroom.

I read the names as I walked down the hallway.

Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Sungjong, Bomi.

I knew all of their faces but all I needed to do was put a face to Dongwoo and Sungyeol.

I slowly turned the knob to my room and looked around. It was dark so I switched on the light. My eyes widened when I saw it. It actually looked just like my room at home. Green and blue bed sheets. Green and blue carpets. Green and blue walls. It looked like they just cut out my room and put it in this place. My violin was even laying on the bed where I last put it. The only thing missing was my closet.

I'm guessing they want us to live our lives exactly like how we would do normally. Except for when we walk out of our rooms, it's like a whole different world.

 

I shut the door behind me and stared up at four cameras in each corner of my room. I just sighed and walked over to my bed to pick up my violin. The violin always seemed to calmed my nerves whenever something happened in my life. It kept me sane and free of worries.

I played the first song that came to my mind which was River Flows In You by Yiruma. It was one of the most recent songs I learned and the one that I have played the most. The melody is always in my head.

My fingers danced over the strings and my bow glided smoothly. Strangely, the more stressed or upset I am, the better I play.

 

After the song was over, I felt a lot better and decided to check the schedules. I prayed that no one else was outside of their rooms. I tiptoed out and walked quietly back down the hallway. I looked around the living room and scratched my head.

Where's the schedule?

I was about to press the red button when I noticed a gray curtain on the wall. It practically blended in with the dull walls. I walked to it and slowly pushed it open. There was someone in there and I gasped because we were practically face to face. “Omo!”

Blondie #11 looked at me with a raised eyebrow. Looks like he was checking the schedule too.

We blinked at each other for a couple of seconds before he grinned and moved out of the way. He gestured for me to stand where he was.

I obliged and looked at the schedule which was posted on the wall.

It read:

 

December 5th – January 5th

Breakfast – 8am – 9am

Lunch – 12pm – 2pm

Dinner – 7pm – 10pm

 

Shower Times

#2 – 5:50pm-6:20pm

#10 – 6:25pm-6:55pm

#11 – 7:00pm-7:30pm

#23 – 7:35pm-8:05pm

#8 – 8:10pm-8:40pm

#3 – 8:45pm-9:15pm

#7 – 9:20pm-9:50pm

#15 – 9:55pm-10:25pm

 

Sleep Times

11:00pm

(must be in bedroom)

 

 

“30 minutes?” I asked out loud.

“ right?” Blondie said, leaning on the table.

That's when I looked around the room. There was a counter along the perimeter of the room. It looked like a kitchen but there was no fridge, oven or sink.

What's the point of this room?

Blondie seemed to read my expression and shrugged with a small laugh.

“Yeah, I don't quite understand the significance of this room either.”

I looked back at the schedule again. “30 minutes?!” I repeated to myself.

Blondie laughed and held out a hand.

“I'm Dongwoo by the way.”

I stared at it and blinked up at him.

“I'm not going to hurt you. I couldn't hurt a fly,” he said.

“Bomi,” I said and shook his hand.

He grinned and nodded while walking pass me and back into the living room.

 

I facepalmed. Didn't I vow to myself to not make friends here?!

My train of thought was broken when Myungsoo walked in abruptly and we bumped heads.

“Ah!”

“Ow...”

He looked at me and his expression softened.

“Did I hurt you?” he asked.

I shook my head as I rubbed my forehead.

Myungsoo turned to look at the schedule and pursed his lips.

“Was that you playing earlier?” he asked while pushing the curtain aside and backing out. His eyes were locked on mine.

“Yeah. You could hear it?”

He nodded and grinned a lopsided smile, showing his dimple.

“It was beautiful by the way.”

And he was gone before I could thank him.

 

After looking over the schedule one more time, I started to make my way back to my room. Sungjong walked towards me with a glare. Then I noticed his face was all white. Most likely a moisturizer or face mask.

“If you're going to play that stupid instrument of yours, you better be quieter. There are people next door. And I hope you won't be playing that in the middle of the night because some people need their beauty sleep,” he told me in a diva-like manner and strut passed me.

I raised an eyebrow and stared after him with disbelief all over my face.

No wonder Eunjo unni hated that kid.

 

I shook my head and just walked into my room. I looked at the clock and it read 3:31pm.

I took the time to rummage through my drawers to see what clothes they had left me. I sighed when all I saw was this same gray t-shirt and black cargo pants. There were lots of them. Probably enough to last me a month. They did consider giving me shorts to wear to bed. On my dresser there were small little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and all the other hygiene products enough to last me 2 weeks. I flicked open the shampoo bottle and sniffed it.

“Mmm, moonlight path. My favorite,” I smiled to myself.

Seems like they don't want us to be unhappy prisoners here.

I wonder if everybody else's rooms are like this too.

 

I grabbed one of my favorite books called The Hunger Games and laid down on my bed. Whenever I'm bored, I always find a good book to read or practice the violin. But the encounter with Sungjong kind of ruined my mood.

The second my clock struck 7:00 I walked out of my room. I was hoping to quickly get my food and get to my room before someone else does so I can avoid associating with anyone. But once I walked out of my room, I looked down the hallway and saw the guy with chubby cheeks walk out too. We made eye contact and he gave me a small smile before walking into the living room.

I followed closely behind him and read the name on his door. Lee Sungyeol.

 

I got into the living room and we both looked around. There wasn't any food.

As if on cue, the elevator dinged, causing the both of us to jump.

A man, with guns tightly strapped to his belt, walked out. I was a bit shocked about his weapons. Even if we did try to rebel somehow, there is nothing here we could use and the cameras would reveal everything anyways.

The man was pushing a cart with 8 trays of food. There was a cover on each of them. They all had the number of each person here.

 

We both waited for the very scary man to go down the elevator before we moved towards the food.

“Oh my God, I'm so hungry! Where's mine?” Sungyeol said to himself. “Ah! Here it is!”

He grabbed his tray and started to leave the room. I searched for mine and picked it up. I turned around to leave but I froze because Sungyeol was looking at me.

“Want to eat together?!” he asked with a bright smile.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

“Come on~ Sit! It's not fun to eat alone,” he said and sat down on a couch. He opened the tray like he was a little boy opening presents on Christmas. When I saw his face, I couldn't decline his offer so I just sat down on the couch next to him.

 

On my tray there was just some simple rice, kimchi and soup. Sungyeol had the same thing but his portions were larger.

“You're Eunjo's friend, right?” he asked, with a mouth full of food. It made his cheeks look even chubbier.

I nodded and took a bite of my food.

After I finished chewing, I couldn't help but ask him, “Why are you here?”

“Same reason you are.”

“I mean, why are they suspecting you?”

Sungyeol was about to answer when we heard voices coming our way. Sunggyu and Woohyun walked out together and their conversation stopped when they saw us. They got their food quickly and quietly as they eyed us. When they were back in the hallway, I heard one of them ask, “Wanna eat in my room?”

 

Sungyeol continued with our conversation, “I don't even know myself. I barely even knew Eunjo. We were stuck in detention together once last year but we barely even talked. I just think it's because the same day she died, we coincidentally met in front of the market and the security cameras caught us. It wasn't even suspicious. We were just chatting. How about you?”

“When she died, I was sleeping next to her.”

Sungyeol choked on his food. “What?”

I shrugged. “I ask myself everyday why the killer didn't kill me too. If I ever meet him, I would ask that.”

“You might've. I mean, you are stuck in this place with 7 other suspects. But enough of this downer talk! Let's talk about something else. What's your favorite color?!”

 

I sighed and laid on my bed. Talking to Sungyeol was the most tiring thing to do in the world. The boy doesn't shut up. Judging by first impressions, him and Myungsoo are the ones I think have the least probability of committing the murder. But I know that I should never judge a book by it's cover.

I continued to read my book until 8:15. Then I stood up and got out some shorts, under garments and another t-shirt for my shower. I also grabbed the box with all of my toiletries in it.

I walked out of my room which is right by the bathroom and I was about to walk in until I could still hear the shower running.

I just shrugged. Whoever is in there probably lost track of time. I stood and waited for 10 more minutes until I started to get impatient. This means I only had less than 15 minutes to shower now. I slammed the side of my fist to door and yelled, “Yah! Your time is up!”

No one replied back and I kicked the door.

“Shut up!” Sungjong poked his head out of his room and slammed the door.

I groaned and leaned on my door.

 

The person in the bathroom took up 28 minutes of my shower time. I threw all the stuff in my hands onto the floor when I saw the doorknob turning. Whoever that is better prepare to feel my wrath. I walked up the door right when the culprit was opening it. All the words I was going to say completely left my mouth when a shirtless Hoya walked out of the bathroom while drying his semi-wet hair.

He smirked.

“Y-yah,” I managed to choke out. “What the hell were you doing in there?! We have shower times to go by!”

He shrugged. “I guess I lost track of time. Sorry, doll face.” He touched my chin with another smirk and walked passed me, intentionally smacking my with his towel.

I glared at the back of his head and he walked to his room.

He may be mega hot, but he's a jerk.

 

I grabbed my stuff from the ground and was about to walk in the bathroom but Woohyun swiftly went pass me and into the bathroom before I could say another word.

I sighed and walked into my room.

Looks like I'm not showering tonight.

I decided to get up super early tomorrow so I can shower then. I set my alarm clock to 7:30am and grabbed a marker from my desk. I went to my calendar I always hang by my mirror and put an X through December 5th.

1 down, 89 to go.

==================

here's chapter two! and thank you so much for people who subscribed! i still can't believe my other story got featured. *crying* you guys are the best. thanks for supporting me! :D i will try my hardest to become a better author for you all. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!