Chapter 21

Far From Paradise

Woohyun was the next to go into her room. He slowly made his way inside and sighed when he saw Bomi.

“ing bastard...” he muttered and sat next to her. He wanted to beat the living crap out of Myungsoo at the moment.

Bomi started to stir and Woohyun sat up straight.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. Her eyes met with Woohyun as time froze.

Fear flashed through her eyes until Woohyun spoke up. “Are you okay?”

Her expression seemed to calm down a bit and she nodded. “Woohyun...”

“Yes?”

She didn't say anything as she stared off into space.

“Bomi?” Woohyun touched her hand.

She flinched away and looked at Woohyun with wide eyes. She started panicking as she looked around the room and her breathing quickened to the point of panting.

Suddenly she closed her eyes and held her head between her hands and screamed.

 

Everyone rushed into the room.

“What happened?!” Hoya yelled.

Woohyun was in shock.

Dongwoo shook him. “Yah!”

“I-I don't know! She just suddenly started freaking out!” he stuttered.

Bomi continued to scream and kick her legs.

The doctor rushed in with some nurses behind him. He stuck a syringe in her leg and she immediately calmed down and passed out.

 

It was quiet in the room except for Bomi's mom's sobs.

“I'm no psychologist, but I assume her mind is replaying the events in her head. I think it would be best if she saw a professional to diagnose her,” the doctor said.

Bomi's mom continued to sob as all the boys hung their heads.

“She doesn't seem stable enough to leave right now, so I'll call someone to come here. Is that alright with you?”

She nodded. “If it'll help my daughter, I'm okay with it.”

The doctor nodded and left while a nurse stayed behind to check on Bomi's current state.

 

“I didn't do anything...I swear I didn't do anything...” Woohyun whispered, eyes watering.

Sunggyu, who came earlier, gave him a pat on the back. “It's okay Woohyun-ah.”

“I think it's best if you all don't come and see Bomi anymore,” her mom said.

All the boys looked at her in shock.

“Well, until she gets better again. Your faces will bring back memories that she obviously does not wanna relive.”

They sighed and nodded.

“But...I'm going to miss her,” Hoya admitted.

“Just until she gets better again. Just wait.”

He took one last look at her before leaving. The others did the same.

 

“I don't think I can do it,” Dongwoo whispered.

“Do it for her sake. She's obviously not mentally stable right now. If we show up randomly, it'll cause her to go crazy cause our faces trace back to the confinement, which trace back to Myungsoo,” Sunggyu said.

“He's right, we can't see her,” Woohyun nodded.

“Well, when can we?” Sungjong asked.

“We'll just have to check on her through her mother,” Hoya said.

 

Months passed and the boys called Bomi's mom practically every week, Dongwoo the most. It was to the point where she would pick and say, “Yes, Dongwoo?”

Each day was the same for them. Go on with their daily lives, worrying about Bomi then call her mom and find out that she still isn't ready to see anyone.

Then Bomi's mom had some good news and shared it with the boys.

“You can see her today. Not face to face, but through a camera. Is that okay?”

None of them thought about it twice before hanging up the phone and going to the hospital.

 

Hoya was the last to arrive and everyone was waiting in a room impatiently.

“Finally, we were wondering when you'd get here...” Sungyeol said.

“Hey giraffe, your hair got longer,” Hoya said and sat down.

“And you're still half .”

“Hey, I'm wearing a wife beater!”

“This is not the time to bicker kids!” Sunggyu said.

“We're not kids!” they said together and looked away.

 

Bomi's mom walked in and the monitor.

“Hi guys. Want anything to eat?” she asked.

The boys didn't even answer because they were distracted by what was on the screen.

Bomi sat on a bed with her legs crossed as a psychologist talked to her.

“She looks so...” Sungjong started.

“Skinny...” Dongwoo ended.

“But still beautiful,” Woohyun added.

 

“So Bomi,” the psychologist said.

“De?”

“I'm going to show you some pictures of people and you can tell me anything that comes to your mind about them. Is that alright?”

“Yes, that's fine.”

“This is the first time she will be talking about you all, that's why I called you all here,” her mom said.

 

The psychologist picked up the first picture and turned it to the camera briefly before showing it to Bomi.

It was Sungjong.

“Dancing. He's incredibly good at dancing. It's kind of scary,” Bomi said in a monotoned voice. “Sungjong is really diva-like. It makes him unique. He's like a little brother to me.”

The psychologist took some notes before holding up another picture. It was Dongwoo.

“Dongwoo...he's good at comforting. I praise him for that ability.”

The next one was Sungyeol.

Bomi frowned. “My heart hurts when I think of Sungyeol. I don't know why. He's such a happy person but I feel like his smiles are a mask when he looks at me.”

Sunggyu was next.

“He protected me. I'm thankful for that. He's also a good kisser. I think that was too much information.”

Even then, her words came out completely monotoned.

The next was Woohyun.

 

What happened next caught everyone off guard, she smiled a genuine smile.

Woohyun's heart started beating faster and faster.

But she just sat there and smiled without saying anything.

“Bomi? Is there anything you'd like to say about him?” the psychologist asked.

She smiled even more and closed her eyes.

“Music. Woohyun played the violin beautifully. No words can explain the feeling I got when I played with him. It sounded so right. I want to do it again.”

And lastly, Hoya.

“Okay, here's the last one.” she held up the picture and Bomi's eyes widened.

“Hoya...” she whispered then closed her eyes. When she opened them she screamed, “Hoya! Where is he?!”

Hoya stood up from his seat, staring at the monitor intensively.

“Why do you want to see him, Bomi?”

“He..was there. I don't remember much. But he was there! I swear it. Is he hurt?! I need to see him!”

“You know you can't leave yet. Calm down and sit.”

Bomi sighed and laid down. She seemed used to being trapped.

“Tell me about him,” the psychologist said, writing more and more notes.

“He's incredibly handsome as you can tell and has a great body figure. He's really sweet to me even though he's an sometimes. We danced together once. It was nice. I really want to see him. When can I?” she turned to look at her with the big eyes that everyone fell for.

“Soon, I promise.”

===========================

i was busy this weekend so i couldn't update! but i didn't have homework tonight, so i was able to update today! yayyy! :D

AFF messed up my rated M chapters...gotta go fix them...jk i can't fix them. -_____-

AFF GET YO TOGETHER.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU GUYS HAVE SEEN THE JAPANESE VERSION OF BE MINE! OMGOMGOMGOMG

HNGGGGGG. HNGGGG. MYUNGSOO.

we finally got those close ups that we lacked in the korean version. :)

myungsoo, you so beautiful.