Chapter 6

Far From Paradise

The next several days was the same for me.

Wake up.

Eat.

Sungyeol would come pester me.

Sungjong would show me a dance.

Eat.

Myungsoo would keep me company.

Argue with Hoya.

Shower.

Eat.

Play the violin for Dongwoo.

Sleep.

Life in here was getting pretty boring.

Until today.

 

I finished my breakfast in my room and as I was walking out to put away my tray, Sungjong did the same.

“Bomi-ah! How about I teach you another dance today?” he suggested with an angelic smile.

I shrugged. “Sure. It's not like I have anything else to do.”

“Come on~” he tugged on my hand and pulled me to his room.

He pushed me on the bed and jumped on top of me. Our faces were inches apart.

“So Bomi...” his voice turned from high and girly to dark and husky in a second. “What dance do you want me to teach you? I'm thinking something you can do in bed.”

“What?!”

He started laughing and rolled off of me.

“I was joking.” his voice turned back to it's usual tone. “You're so cute when you're flustered.”

He pinched my cheek as I glared at him. He Dr. Feel Good by Rania.

“I love this song! I think I'll teach you this one!”

 

Before I could even get up, there were knocks on Sungjong's door. He turned to look at it with a confused expression.

“That's weird. I never get visitors. Maybe it's for you.”

I nodded and went up to get the door.

It was Sungyeol smiling his gummy smile.

“How'd you know I was here?!” I asked him.

“I heard you yell 'what' like 10 seconds ago.”

“It was that loud?” I pouted a bit. I hope I didn't disturb anyone's sleep.

Sungyeol brushed his thumb over my bottom lip muttering a short, “Cute,” and looked at Sungjong.

“Mind if I come in?” he asked.

Sungjong hesitated but then shook his head. Sungyeol walked in and sat on the ground beside the bed while leaning his back on it.

“Nice room you got here. So what are you two doing?”

“Teaching her a dance.”

Sungyeol clapped. “Can I watch?!”

“Well you're already here, aren't you?” Sungjong rolled his eyes.

I chuckled. It's been awhile since I've seen the diva side of Sungjong.

 

After awhile, Sungjong was getting frustrated.

“I seriously can't do that move,” I said.

“All you do is this...” Sungjong went on the ground, did the move and stood up perfectly.

“My body isn't fit for that.”

Sungjong groaned and face-palmed. I looked at Sungyeol and he was knocked out on the ground with his arms and legs spread out in every direction.

 

“You need to work out. Seriously!” Sungjong shook my shoulders.

“When we get out of here, I will!”

“No, when I said you need to work out, I mean starting now.”

I raised an eyebrow. “And how do I do that?”

“I don't know. Do some curl-ups, push-ups, run in circles, anything! At this rate, you're going to die at 30.”

“Thanks for the words of encouragement,” I muttered.

“Go ask that big buff guy that lives across from you. What's his name?”

“Hoya?”

“Yeah, Hoya. Do you see his muscles? Maybe he can give you some pointers.”

 

Sungjong started to push me out of the room.

“B-but-”

“No buts! Go right now! I'm not leaving until you talk to him.”

“Sungjong~” I whined.

“Nope, nope. That doesn't work on me since I'm the king of aegyo.”

“But Hoya is..scary,” I whispered.

“What's he gonna do? Huh? It's not like this place has any weapons or anything and there are cameras everywhere for God's sake!”

“Okay, okay! Fine!” I said, defeated.

“Yay! I want a healthy dancing buddy. So go!”

 

Sungjong pushed me in front of Hoya's door and leaned on his doorway waiting for me to knock on the door.

I took a deep breath and knocked on it.

No answer.

I knocked on it harder and I heard grunting before he replied.

“Come in! It's open,” he panted.

 

I looked back at Sungjong and slowly turned the doorknob. I walked in and looked around the room. It just looked like a simply bedroom. White carpet, dresser, full size bed with purple sheets, white walls, and a desk. The only thing in his room that didn't belong in any average room was his weights.

Oh, which reminds me.

Hoya was lifting some weights when I walked in.

And he was shirtless.

And sweaty.

And...holy .

I just blinked at him as he continued to work out. When he turned his face and saw me, he smirked.

Oh how I wanted to slap that smirk off of his face.

 

He put the weight back on the stand and sat up on the bench.

“Can I help you, cutie pie?”

I cringed at the nickname.

“Actually, yes you can.”

He stood up and walked towards me, “Go on.”

“Y-you see, I'm not exactly...” I kept getting distracted as my eyes wandered down.

“..shape best. Work out. And yeah.”

Hoya tilted his head. “What?”

“Can you please put on a shirt?! I can't think properly!” I finally blurted out.

He smirked again when the realization hit him. “Oh, I'm y, right? Sorry, I'm too lazy to grab a shirt. So, what were you saying?”

I glared at him and closed my eyes. “What I meant was, I'm not exactly in the best shape, so could you give me some advice or something?”

“Yeah I can. It's not that hard. Just got to drink lots of milk and eat lots of meat.”

“Well our diets are kind of controlled right now.”

“That's true...how about you-” he stopped.

I waited for him to continue but he wouldn't.

 

“Hoya?” I eventually asked.

No reply.

I opened my eyes.

“Why are your eyes closed?” he whispered.

I jumped backwards at his voice and the fact that his face was right in front of mine wasn't helping that either.

“Omona!”

He grabbed my waist before I could fall back.

I looked up at him and blinked rapidly. My hands were on his chest and boy, were they nice.

 

“If you keep doing that, I won't be able to control myself any longer,” he said.

“Doing what?” I blinked again.

“That. Looking all cute. It makes me want to take all that innocence away from you.”

I pushed myself away from him. So the things I heard about him are true. He is bad news. Why would Eunjo unni date a gangster like him? I looked down at his body again. Oh right...

 

Before I could say anything, bells could be heard all around us. We stood frozen for a moment as we listened to that foreign sound.

Hoya started to leave the room and I followed him. When we arrived at the living room, everyone was already surrounding the monitors.

Everyone gave Hoya a glare except for Sungjong. He was giggling while Sungyeol was rubbing his eyes and half-glaring. I mentally face-palmed realizing Hoya was still shirtless and sweaty. It probably looked really suspicious on my part as well as Hoya's since we came in together.

“What were you two doing?” Sunggyu looked at us back and forth.

I was about to answer but Hoya was faster.

“ing.”

“Yah!” Myungsoo and Dongwoo yelled together, ready to punch him.

I punched Hoya in the arm, hard. That was sure to leave a bruise. He loved to push people's buttons and I was getting sick of it.

“Don't even joke about that,” Woohyun said through gritted teeth.

I stared at him. It was hard to get him to speak if you weren't Sunggyu.

 

The man on the monitor showed up and it was dead silent in the room. I'm sure everyone in the room was hoping for a miracle to happen and we could go home.

“Hello everyone. It's been almost two weeks since we started this confinement and we thank you all for your cooperation.”

Nobody said anything.

“We just want you to know that we will be changing up some things. Starting tomorrow, we want every single one of you eat dinner together, at the same time.”

“What? That's ridiculous!” Sungjong yelled.

I took his hand and squeezed it as if to say, 'I'll protect you. It's okay.'

He looked at me and gave me a small smile.

I felt watched, and I looked around the room to see everyone staring at that small gesture I did so I quickly let go of Sungjong's hand.

 

The man continued. “Because of this change, there will be new shower times posted up. So make sure to check it tomorrow morning. Also, your new hygiene products will arrive as well so get the box with your number on it.”

“I really don't see the point of the new rule,” Sunggyu said.

“It doesn't to you, but to us, it really reveals a lot,” the man said.

Dongwoo was the next to speak up. “Where are we even going to eat?”

“There will be a table set up by tomorrow. Don't worry about that.”

 

It was quiet again.

“Oh, I have one more announcement,” his voice filled the silence.

We all looked up at the screen.

“We have just proven someone in this confinement innocent.”

My heart started to beat faster. Maybe this could be the miracle. Maybe they proved me innocent and I get to go home.

“Well then, who is it?” Myungsoo asked, impatient.

“#23 Lee Howon.”

================

wow! it's been awhile since i've updated back to back like this!

i hope you guys enjoyed this update! (can't wait to read your reactions)

i'm so sad break is over. i was ready to finish lots and lots of dramas. but i didn't even start one... OTL

so what team are you guys on now?

comment and tell me!

pyeong~