Chapter 3

Far From Paradise

My alarm beeped and I groaned as I tried to find the 'OFF' button. I eventually found it and dragged my feet to the bathroom with my stuff. I turned the water to hot and sighed as I felt my body relaxing under the heat. After I was done, I brushed my teeth and looked at myself in the mirror.

“Hoya...you're going down...”

As I got dressed, in my mind, I was plotting of ways to get him back.

I opened the door to the bathroom and noticed Sungjong waiting with his arms crossed.

“Seriously...the worst thing about this is sharing a bathroom with a girl,” he muttered and pushed passed me.

I shook my head and went into the living room to get breakfast.

It seemed everyone had gotten their food already except for 3 people.

I found the tray with my number and brought it back to my room. I took a double take as I walked passed Hoya's door.

#23

 

I smirked and jogged back into the living room. Dongwoo was in there now, getting his food. I opened Hoya's tray and started putting loads of salt in his food.

“What are you doing?!” Dongwoo asked me, with an eyebrow raised.

“Getting revenge,” I said simply. Maybe getting revenge while the police are watching you isn't such a good idea since I'm a suspect for murder. But it's not like I'm killing the guy.

He just chuckled and pointed to the pepper. “Don't forget that.”

“Ah, good idea. Take that, you shower hogger.”

Dongwoo and I aligned the peas onto his rice to make it say, 'Happy Eating'.

 

We heard whistling coming our way so I quickly put the cover back on his food and regained my posture.

Hoya eyed us suspiciously and I just calmly walked to the hallway with Dongwoo right behind me.

I laughed like a maniac before entering my room. I looked back at Dongwoo. “Thanks.”

Dongwoo just smiled and winked at me before going back into his room.

I blinked in surprise but quickly brushed it off.

 

I was eating my food happily before I heard someone banging on my door loudly.

I opened it and smirked when I saw Hoya's fuming face.

“You!”

“What?” I blinked innocently.

“Don't you 'what' me!” he imitated my voice. “You sabotaged my food!”

“Oh that...yeah that was me.”

“You owe me a meal.”

“You owe me a shower time.”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Fine. We're even. But...” he took a step closer to me, body hovering over mine. I blinked rapidly, holding my ground.

He placed his hands on my hips and picked me up effortlessly, moving me aside.

He walked to my desk and picked up my tray of food.

“I'll be taking this,” he said and left.

“Yah!” I yelled after him.

“Happy eating!” he called back and closed the door of his room with his foot.

 

My stomach growled and I frowned as I stared down at it.

But I only had one bite...

Just then Myungsoo walked out of his room.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

I glared at Hoya's door.

“ over there took my food.”

Myungsoo stared down at his untouched food.

“You can have mine. I'm not much of a breakfast eater.”

My face brightened. “Really?”

He nodded and walked over to me and handed me his tray.

“Thank you!”

We stood there awkwardly smiling at each other.

“Uh...you can come in if you want.” it was the only thing I could offer at the moment.

Myungsoo nodded and walked in looking around. I left the door open, just in case anyone would misunderstand.

 

“Nice room. Is it like the one you have at home?” he asked.

I nodded. “It's a little weird. All the way down to my school books I left on the table.”

“Same with my room. Every little detail. This place is just freaky. But we have each other right?” he smiled at me.

I nodded, just now noticing how handsome he is. I stared at him for a couple seconds and sat down on the ground. I palced the tray in front of me and started to eat.

“What is this?! You got kimchi with yours?! I didn't get any with mine. Not like I care anyways since jerkface has my food.”

 

Myungsoo just grinned and sat down across from me as he watched me eat.

“What?” I asked. Honestly, it was a little creepy.

“You have a little...” his used his thumb to wipe off a rice grain on the corner of my mouth. My face turned red from embarrassment.

A cute guy is in front of me. I should have a little self control...

“You know that saying where you get full just from watching people eat? It's like that watching you,” he said.

“That's what my mom says.”

 

Myungsoo was about to say something else but he looked up above my head.

I placed the spoon down and turned around to see what he was looking at.

Sunggyu was at the bathroom door with his hand on the doorknob. It was the first time I've seen him without Woohyun attached to his hip. Sunggyu just stared at us with furrowed eyebrows.

He gave me a worried look before going into the bathroom.

 

“What was that about?” I asked.

Myungsoo just shrugged. “Everyone in here is so suspicious of everyone. He probably thinks we're teaming up to make others look guilty or something. Even though him and that sharp nosed guy are inseparable.”

“I noticed that too.”

“I was in the police station when I heard the officers talking about him. Apparently, him and Eunjo met up at a club awhile ago and she slept with him or something.”

“Wouldn't be surprised. She was such a play girl.” My eyes watered at the memories of Eunjo. She was such a strong-willed girl and always protected me. The only bad thing about her was that she was boy crazy. But that's what made her unique. She never cared about what people thought of her.

“Yeah.” Myungsoo sighed. “I guess he was angry or something when she left him so that's why the police are suspecting him.”

I nodded. Made sense.

 

Myungsoo suddenly stood up.

“I guess I'll leave you to your eating. Sorry for intruding or anything. Our rooms are basically our only form of privacy.”

I waved my hands. “I have nothing to hide.”

He crouched down in front of me and my cheek with his thumb. I froze and blinked at him. His eyes were sad.

“I feel bad for you. A girl as innocent as you being in a place like this. It doesn't make sense to me.”

The bathroom door slamming shut made us both jump and Sunggyu walked down the hall.

Myungsoo glared at the doorway and stood up.

“I'll see you later.”

I nodded.

 

After I finished my food, I took Myungsoo's tray and started to make my way down the hall. I smiled as I passed his door. My smile almost immediately faded when I saw Sunggyu placing his and Woohyun's tray on the cart.

My hands shook a little as I remembered what Myungsoo said about Sunggyu.

He could be the one that killed Eunjo unni also. He could've killed her out of anger.

It took all the courage in me to ask him this question.

“W-what was with that look you gave me and Myungsoo?”

He froze when he heard my voice and slowly turned around.

“I just...I'm worried for you,” he confessed.

“Why?”

“Being stuck in this place with 7 other guys, 7 other murder suspects, must be hard on you.”

I didn't say anything as he walked passed me.

“And also...” he stopped a foot behind me.

I turned to look at him.

“If I were you, I wouldn't trust people so easily.” and he walked off.

Why do I have a feeling he knows something I don't?

======================

here you goo~~

i bet some of you are dying to have woohyun show up more right? don't worry. i have something special prepared for quiet guy woohyun. ;)

and this is my first time writing a mystery fic...so.......yeah. haha. sorry if it a little.